Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159776 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by BushDoctor123: 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Good evening Toyota gurus, pls my son mistakenly added water to the plastic water reservoir container, even though the level of the coolant was in between the (full and low) indicator level . The van is a Toyota sienna 2000 model bought sept last year direct from the US. the coolant has been at that level ever since i bought it until this morning when he wrongly topped it up to the (full)indicator level. My question is the after effect of the water on my engine, what do you advise I do. thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
BushDoctor123:
Good evening Toyota gurus, pls my son mistakenly added water to the plastic water reservoir container, even though the level of the coolant was in between the (full and low) indicator level . The van is a Toyota sienna 2000 model bought sept last year direct from the US. the coolant has been at that level ever since i bought it until this morning when he wrongly topped it up to the (full)indicator level. My question is the after effect of the water on my engine, what do you advise I do. thanks.

Nothing will go wrong. Fear not grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
BushDoctor123:
No cause for alarm on this issue...just use foam or alike to drain the excess water in the reservior and return the water level to its normal guage... Do it and you have no problem..
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by boneruns(m): 6:34am On Jun 19, 2016
Gurus,

Please I need your assistance. I scanned my Camry 2007 and noticed error P0717- input/output turbine speed sensor circuit no signal.

I want to know if it is an easily error to fix, and if a mechanical can fix this without causing much damage.

Thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 6:56am On Jun 19, 2016
boneruns:
Gurus,

Please I need your assistance. I scanned my Camry 2007 and noticed error P0717- input/output turbine speed sensor circuit no signal.

I want to know if it is an easily error to fix, and if a mechanical can fix this without causing much damage.

Thanks.

Where is your Location?

If you're in Abuja contact Mike 07034581213
If you're in Lagos contact Gazzuzz 08023251039
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2016
boneruns:
Gurus,

Thanks.

my suggestion is very unconventional, but from experience, a rodent nibbled on the wire grin it's an easy fix, just remove the air cleaner and look on top the gear box for the sensor, trace cables around it and you should see it. Tape it back up and clear codes.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by boneruns(m): 7:22am On Jun 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

my suggestion is very unconventional, but from experience, a rodent nibbled on the wire grin it's an easy fix, just remove the air cleaner and look on top the gear box for the sensor, trace cables around it and you should see it. Tape it back up and clear codes.

Thanks boss.

I will save this suggestion.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by boneruns(m): 7:23am On Jun 19, 2016
kingreign:

Where is your Location?

If you're in Abuja contact Mike 07034581213
If you're in Lagos contact Gazzuzz 08023251039

Thanks.

He has given me a suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by BushDoctor123: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
kingreign:

Nothing will go wrong. Fear not grin
Thanks so much.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by BushDoctor123: 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Stancity:
No cause for alarm on this issue...just use foam or alike to drain the excess water in the reservior and return the water level to its normal guage... Do it and you have no problem..
Bless you bro & thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Stancity(m): 6:33am On Jun 20, 2016
BushDoctor123:
Bless you bro & thanks.
Bless you too!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by rodbel(m): 7:00am On Jun 21, 2016
Dream1:
I find Toyota cars very bland and lacking character. Even the new camry falls short when you talk about design and class. I like a car that makes a statement and has a presence.

2014/15 Avalon is the answer. The ride makes a whole lot of statement
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by rodbel(m): 7:04am On Jun 21, 2016
I have this issue with a '99 Toyota Camry (Pencil) v6. The car consumes so much fuel and it jecks. also the steering rack is loose and won't stay when clipped. Anyone with similar issue? How did you fix it?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Abudu2000(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2016
patlead:

Thanks but remember we are in 2015.a 99 Camry looks too far off.

Also are u saying the yaris is too fragile?
do not paste such comment here please, you think its easy getting a car,or na beans to carry almost 1m for ride....
well just got my Camry tiny light 5days back and I spent 195k fixing some stuffs and changing to alloy wheels ,for now I'm battling with my leaking steering oil which I fix yesterday and topped it but it still went down and I was convinced that it has flown into the pipes which I'm skeptical but i pray its true though, any Mech in the house to help with some advice pls?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello guys...

My Toyota 2001 model (envelope) doesn't start on time. I have to crank it extensively a bit before it starts. My mechanic said the rear fuel pump wasn't functioning well & I replaced it, yet the problem still persists.

What do I do?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 6:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Lordguarp:
Hello guys...

My Toyota 2001 model (envelope) doesn't start on time. I have to crank it extensively a bit before it starts. My mechanic said the rear fuel pump wasn't functioning well & I replaced it, yet the problem still persists.

What do I do?

Check Coolant Temperature Sensor and also check your Crankshaft Position Sensor. Plus your Cam shaft sensor. By the way, did any mechanic open the engine recently?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 25, 2016
kingreign:

Check Coolant Temperature Sensor and also check your Crankshaft Position Sensor. Plus your Cam shaft sensor. By the way, did any mechanic open the engine recently?

The car was bought only 2 weeks ago (Registered Vehicle). It didnt give any of such signs then.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 9:46am On Jun 25, 2016
Lordguarp:

The car was bought only 2 weeks ago (Registered Vehicle). It didnt give any of such signs then.

Car Location?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by godwinasky: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Please who has any (idea or where I can obtain a )good Nigerian-used corolla!
And what could be the fairest price range?
Thank you as you reply.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by LAGATA(m): 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
Good evening family,
I drive a 2012 Camry XLE. Just recently it develops this hard start once car have moved around (Hot). Please what could be the issue as am just confused.
Thanks as I await ur professional responses
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2016
LAGATA:
Good evening family,
I drive a 2012 Camry XLE. Just recently it develops this hard start once car have moved around (Hot). Please what could be the issue as am just confused.

CTS sensor (around cooling lines), Fuel pressure regulator (in fuel pump assy).

Run a scan and identify the challenge.
By the way, is your car a V6 or a 4 cylinder?
Contact Gazzuzz if you're in Lagos 08023251039 or Mike if you're in Abuja 07034581213 for diagnosis and rectification of the challenge.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
godwinasky:
Please who has any (idea or where I can obtain a )good Nigerian-used corolla!

And what could be the fairest price range?

Thank you as you reply.

I think Toyota corolla has over 7 generational models. Which specific model(s) are you in the look out for?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by chiebube1: 6:45am On Jul 09, 2016
LAGATA:
Good evening family,
Before you change your fuel pump, check your fuel filter. Talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by LAGATA(m): 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
kingreign:

CTS sensor (around cooling lines), Fuel pressure regulator (in fuel pump assy).

Run a scan and identify the challenge.
By the way, is your car a V6 or a 4 cylinder?
Contact Gazzuzz if you're in Lagos 08023251039 or Mike if you're in Abuja 07034581213 for diagnosis and rectification of the challenge.

Cheers!
Am in Abuja. Yes it's a V6 cylinder
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by LAGATA(m): 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
chiebube1:

Before you change your fuel pump, check your fuel filter. Talking from experience.
My brother aw av u been? Quite a while...
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2016
LAGATA:

Am in Abuja. Yes it's a V6 cylinder

Mike is your best bet then.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by LAGATA(m): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
kingreign:

Mike is your best bet then.

Thanks boss. Will look for him and feed you back on Monday God's willing.... Rly appreciate smiley wink smiley smiley
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by chiebube1: 4:03am On Jul 10, 2016
LAGATA:

My brother aw av u been? Quite a while...
I dey. Come for a free scan. Tomorrow sunday 2pm. Weekdays 5pm. Venue is Ferma Office Wuse 2. 09099447385, 08034533668

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ravensburger: 8:20am On Jul 10, 2016
A friend is coming to Nigeria for a short holiday and need a car to run around.
The choice is between a clean naija use Honda end of discussion(EOD) and neatly used Toyota camry(Tiny light or big daddy).

He prefer the EOD due to body sleekness, but I advice against it due to reselling the eod will takes times but he does not fancy camry due to the body shape and tiny light being very easy to steal in lagos.

Average cost of clean EOD(800K),He agreed he can resell 700k.....
Average cost of Big daddy camry 900k
Tiny light 700k.....

All prices are from observation on olx and nairaland.....PLEASE HELP WITH CHOICES TO MAKE
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
Kindly help me out with Tokunbo (Cotonu) and Nigeria car dealer price of Toyota Camry (big daddy) 2006 and 2004. Thank you sirs n ma
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 14, 2016
hello i have a little problem with my camry 09. one side of the back light does not come on when i put on the head lights in the night.it only comes on if i hit or tap on it.Please i need advise on what i should do. thanks,
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 14, 2016
Audi's look much nicer. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.