Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159794 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 1:04am On Oct 23, 2016
BushDoctor123:
Yes I sometimes remove the two seats at the rear when I need to move some large objects that the trunk can not contain, but sometimes the flashing stops. pls what simple method can I use to rectify this issue tnx in advance.

He is talking about the passenger seat, that thing has a mind of its own. Notice when you seat at the edge the light will stop blinking. Just leave it or find someone to fix it or check the wire
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by BushDoctor123: 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2016
nurey:

He is talking about the passenger seat, that thing has a mind of its own. Notice when you seat at the edge the light will stop blinking. Just leave it or find someone to fix it or check the wire
arite,tnx.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Obinoscopy(m): 9:56am On Oct 25, 2016
Following.....

Toyota Avalon 2005
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by labiola: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2016
I drive toyota corrolla 2009 model manual drive. I observed that is shortening oil, not leaking anywhere and smoke is not coming out . Please I need help.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by autotrader2: 9:21am On Oct 26, 2016
labiola:
I drive toyota corrolla 2009 model manual drive. I observed that is shortening oil, not leaking anywhere and smoke is not coming out . Please I need help.

What kind of oil are you using for it?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
labiola:
look under ur car very well. ur crankshaft oil seal may have expired.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Crixie(m): 2:01am On Oct 27, 2016
Good day everyone,Pls visit my thread where I will continuously post pictures of genuine OEM and quality after market auto parts we have in stock @ https://www.nairaland.com/3430298/say-bye-bye-fake-auto#
Thank you and have a wonderful day
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by labiola: 7:49am On Oct 27, 2016
autotrader2:

What kind of oil are you using for it?

Before I bought the car, it was Mobil oil , I started using Mile Master oil, I later stopped and changed to Total Oil, am back to Mile Master now
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by autotrader2: 7:54am On Oct 27, 2016
labiola:

Before I bought the car, it was Mobil oil , I started using Mile Master oil, I later stopped and changed to Total Oil, am back to Mile Master now

Hmmm....Try using the recommended oil Toyota Motor Oil 5w20.
Check out this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2880651/us-engine-oils-toyota-motor/10
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by mejai(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
with d rate of toyota cars in Nigeria and dis forum, dis thread is not active. Why?

Meanwhile, how do i go about P0500 (vehicle speed sensor malfunction, 2009 toyota corolla)? Once d light(hand brake and P/S) comes on, d steering has a seizure.

Cc: Gazzuzz, nurey, kingreign and d gang
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by computerglobal(m): 7:31am On Mar 28, 2017
following
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Melaine(f): 10:34am On Mar 28, 2017
mejai:
with d rate of toyota cars in Nigeria and dis forum, dis thread is not active. Why?

Meanwhile, how do i go about P0500 (vehicle speed sensor malfunction, 2009 toyota corolla)? Once d light(hand brake and P/S) comes on, d steering has a seizure.

Hello everyone. I want to buy Toyota Avensis 2001. What do you pple think about it in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption. It is urgent please. Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2017
Melaine:

Hello everyone. I want to buy Toyota Avensis 2001. What do you pple think about it in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption. It is urgent please. Thanks

Buy it. But ensure its not Converted car.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:08am On Mar 28, 2017
Melaine:

Very sturdy vehicle, I have had 1 for 3years now. Try and get the one with the 1.8liter engine
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2017
mejai:

possible causes

smileyFaulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
smileyVehicle speed sensor harness or connectors is open or shorted
smileyVehicle speed sensor circuit poor electrical connection
smileyFaulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

The P0500 code is very common on the Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Yaris, Toyota Camry, Toyota Tundra, Toyota RAV-4. Before replacing the sensor you should try cleaning the sensor gear and erasing the code. If the light comes back you may have to replace the sensor.

possible symptoms

Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) Speedometer may not work properly Transmission shifting problem

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0500_toyota.html

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
mejai:

Cc: Gaz.zuzz, nu.rey, king.reign and d gang

Scan ABS unit and post codes here.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 3kay945(m): 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pls,. How can I locate the thermometer gauge sensors or fuse? The gauge in rav4 02 isn't working and my rewire cant find it
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by OShepherd: 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
My Rav4 '99 model Odometer & Fuel gauge has been acting up, do I need 2 scan or outright fixing by a competent personnel? Meanwhile ain't dere any Toyota Wattzapp group as we have in Volks/Audi group which have really been helpful! Well incase there is kindly add my nos 08060286044 Sirs let's rub minds
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
3kay945:
Pls,. How can I locate the thermometer gauge sensors or fuse? The gauge in rav4 02 isn't working and my rewire cant find it

Wrong engine ecu installed in vehicle.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 3kay945(m): 9:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Wrong engine ecu installed in vehicle.

How can I get the right ecu and likely cost? Besides, what is ECU
thanks for your response.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
I drive one camry 07, tire pressure notification won't go off and ABS too. Anyone know where i can get them fixed in lagos?

Any car detailing thread on here?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2017
3kay945:

How can I get the right ecu and likely cost? Besides, what is ECU
thanks for your response.

first take a pic of the current engine ecu aka brainbox, post pics here.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:28am On Mar 29, 2017
fuckerstard:
I drive one camry 07, tire pressure notification won't go off and ABS too. Anyone know where i can get them fixed in lagos?

Any car detailing thread on here?

car detailing available, you will have to scan abs and TPMS to find out why you have those lights are about.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honsule(m): 10:01am On Mar 29, 2017
I have a Toyota Corolla 2005 car. But I noticed the fuel consumption is not normal. Moreover, later I discovered that the indomie of the car has been removed.
I also learnt that the car has two indomie. Middle and front-near the engine. My question is this: does the indomie really conserve fuel consumption?
Last week Saturday, a friend took me to his mechanic, and eventually my exhaust was removed and stuffed with sth inside and the weider, did some weidering, although I observed reduction in fuel consumption, but am still not impressed because the engine side-front is still left untouched. Nothing was fixed there.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2017
honsule:
I have a Toyota Corolla 2005 car. But I noticed the fuel consumption is not normal. Moreover, later I discovered that the indomie of the car has been removed.
I also learnt that the car has two indomie. Middle and front-near the engine. My question is this: does the indomie really conserve fuel consumption?
Last week Saturday, a friend took me to his mechanic, and eventually my exhaust was removed and stuffed with sth inside and the weider, did some weidering, although I observed reduction in fuel consumption, but am still not impressed because the engine side-front is still left untouched. Nothing was fixed there.

Nemesis has caught up with you. grin grin grin grin
Karma is bliss grin grin grin
If you like ban me for 125years.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ogeodi(f): 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
please, which year and model of rav4 is the best to buy? thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by honsule(m): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
kingreign:

Nemesis has caught up with you. grin grin grin grin
Karma is bliss grin grin grin
If you like ban me for 125years.

What Nemesis are u talking about?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
honsule:

What Nemesis are u talking about?
You act as if you never know what you did to me?

You complained you had a serious issue last year, you called me. I told you my diagnostic fees NGN5,000 non negotiable. You came to my house. Scanned your car, I explained to you what to do. You smiled and was happy. I saw you off to my estate gate, you produced a wrinkled dirty worn out 500 naira note, and told me its what you had. I told you we never agreed on this, why did you want to start this, you said its what you got and when you came back for repair you'd settle me. You even swore you're a Moderator of many sections and a lawyer and you can't defraud me (I knew you won't come back) I took the note from you, you zoomed off thinking youve won your game, i gave to a begger that 500naira note.
Here you are forming innocent.

Hope you see you've spent more than that. And you'd spend more than the 5,000.

Karma is a blissful concubine.
Yeah, if you like ban me 200years

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by gly2ken: 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
the price is

Shocks absorber 15k,
stab linkage 14k,
stabilizer rod 7k,
ball joint 2k

the mechanic is a tief
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by gly2ken: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
the price is
Shocks absorber 15k, stab linkage 14k, stabilizer rod 7k, ball joint 2k
the Mechanic is a tief

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by gly2ken: 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
Unionised:
Hello all,
take a look at my mechanic's quote for parts for my Rav4 2003 version.

Shocks absorber 40k,
stab linkage 14k,
stabilizer rod 18k,
ball joint 25k

Can you confirm these prices for me?

Also, what could cause a stabilizer rod to break into two. This has happened twice to my car.

Cc kingreign
Cc lomomike
Cc Gazzuzz
Cc siena

the price is
Shocks absorber 15k,
stab linkage 14k,
stabilizer rod 7k,
ball joint 2k
the mechanic is a tief
Cc ikenna351
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by oladimejiX: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
Prof Gazzuzz.
Please I need your insight.
My toyota Avalon engine shuts down anytime i try reversing out of my compound.
I have to accelerate quickly to make it stay long enough to drive out and then it shuts down again.
it seems to happen when climbing slopes and when the engine is started cold. cos it drives smoothly when I am out and about.
my gate entrance has a slope though.

Thanks for your time in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.