Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159768 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tolugeorgeinfo(f): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2017
tutuwater:

Create a new thread on nairaland car talk. You will get more reply that way

Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by cdbaba: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2017
I think my toyota Camry 2005 V6 3.3 engine consumes fuel. The car consumes an average of 48 litres for a 210 miles. No check engine light on. No issue with engine. I am just concerned about the fuel cost.
PLEASE HELP
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 2:32am On Oct 26, 2017
cdbaba:
I think my toyota Camry 2005 V6 3.3 engine consumes fuel. The car consumes an average of 48 litres for a 210 miles. No check engine light on. No issue with engine. I am just concerned about the fuel cost.
PLEASE HELP

https://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2005/st-100395315/mpg/
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by derbylicious: 2:45am On Nov 08, 2017
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=61281451]

My 2000 xls Avalon goes off while on reverse especially on slanting ground levels e.g backing out from the gate, the idle point you check both sides of the road to ensure coast is clear prior to wheeling full to left or right. Also noticed some kind of vibrations . What could be the cause? I was advised to clean the plugs and nozzles, what do you think??
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by BushDoctor123: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
nurey:

If. It increases when you buy fuel and is always decreasing when car is in usage. A faulty Guage is not hard to spot. Will remain stagnant even after refilling or tank nearing empty.
I am also experiencing similar issue with my Toyota sienna 2000 model. it has been performing well but of late the fuel indicator will remain or fluctuate between half tank and zero level even when my tank is fuel filled. I have changed the fuel gauge close to the fuel pump inside the tank two times but the problem still persist. My auto electrician said the problem might be from the fuel meter on the dash board, that it might be the culprit since we have changed the fuel gauge twice.
Gurus in the house kindly pls help me out cause it is so frustrating driving without been able to monitor the quantity of liters in the car. thanking you for your response(s)
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2017
BushDoctor123:
I am also experiencing similar issue with my Toyota sienna 2000 model. it has been performing well but of late the fuel indicator will remain or fluctuate between half tank and zero level even when my tank is fuel filled. I have changed the fuel gauge close to the fuel pump inside the tank two times but the problem still persist. My auto electrician said the problem might be from the fuel meter on the dash board, that it might be the culprit since we have changed the fuel gauge twice.
Gurus in the house kindly pls help me out cause it is so frustrating driving without been able to monitor the quantity of liters in the car. thanking you for your response(s)

buy a brandnew one of both though i have not had siuch experience before
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by digitalheadline(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

So sorry about today, its like that with me most days. I sincerly was about to send you a message, but each time I tried a call came in, and it lasted so long I forgot the last thing I was about to do.

For your vehicles issues, I will look at it @ no cost, unfortunately it will be a one time thing as I do not support repairs of vehicles older than 2003.

My address is and has always been in my signature.

Goodevening Oga Gazzuzz. My friend is looking to buy a 2005 Toyota Avensis (Nigerian used). The car is located around ogba. I really don't have an idea on the maintenance of an Avensis and how durable the car is. Please, I will like to an advice from you and also ask if we can get you to help scan the vehicle when he is ready for inspection. Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Mayorwer: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
guys please how much can i get Toyota Avalon 2013 tokunbo
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
digitalheadline:

Goodevening Oga Gazzuzz. My friend is looking to buy a 2005 Toyota Avensis (Nigerian used). The car is located around ogba. I really don't have an idea on the maintenance of an Avensis and how durable the car is. Please, I will like to an advice from you and also ask if we can get you to help scan the vehicle when he is ready for inspection. Thanks

08033910382 call when ready
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by digitalheadline(m): 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

08033910382 call when ready
Thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by jossytech(m): 4:20am On Nov 22, 2017
Oga gazzuz and rest professional, my 99 camry short oil service was done Oct 23 @ 130043 mileage, now at 131004(1000 miles) and oil at lower levels, I notice drop under in the morning and a mech said engine need to be removed to be able to replace the seal, is that right I actually fear such operation, pleas advice accordingly

Thank you, meanwhile can I replace my abs cable my abs light is on, and let me know d likely cost
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 6:52am On Nov 22, 2017
jossytech:
Oga gazzuz and rest professional, my 99 camry short oil service was done Oct 23 @ 130043 mileage, now at 131004(1000 miles) and oil at lower levels, I notice drop under in the morning and a mech said engine need to be removed to be able to replace the seal, is that right I actually fear such operation, pleas advice accordingly

Thank you, meanwhile can I replace my abs cable my abs light is on, and let me know d likely cost
Are there visible external signs of leakage?
Such as oil stain on the floor where you park or within the engine bay?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by jossytech(m): 9:35am On Nov 22, 2017
@ timifakay, yes there is,stain on d floor wen parking n dirty oil sludge under, i went under mysef n i saw it
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 6:28am On Nov 23, 2017
jossytech:
@ timifakay, yes there is,stain on d floor wen parking n dirty oil sludge under, i went under mysef n i saw it
Confirm which seal it is, there's an oil seal between engine and transmission, if it's leaking, then the only remedy is taking out one of engine and transmission...
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2017
timifakay:

Confirm which seal it is, there's an oil seal between engine and transmission, if it's leaking, then the only remedy is taking out one of engine and transmission...

take out both, its faster wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by jossytech(m): 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
2 sealed, one at transmission n engine n the other from shaft, all fixed n put mobil 1 5w30 advance synthetic inside the engine n wait for outcome n performance improvement. Thank oga gazzuz,all fix and all working fine now
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Deeni131: 2:51am On Nov 24, 2017
Pls gentlemen, I have a plan to buy Toyota corolla sport 06 and I wanna know if the has some challenges and is it difficult to maintain? and what about the cost of its spare parts? tnx
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by 3kay945(m): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Deeni131:
Pls gentlemen, I have a plan to buy Toyota corolla sport 06 and I wanna know if the has some challenges and is it difficult to maintain? and what about the cost of its spare parts? tnx

Every average income earner is dying to have that car o. cool
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by timifakay(m): 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
Deeni131:
No, it's not difficult to maintain. Parts are in high demand, so prices are a little above average expectation but the parts are reliable. Overall Corolla is a good car.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Deeni131: 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
3kay945:

Every average income earner is dying to have that car o. cool
the car must be good cos everybody is recommending it
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by good188(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2017
Deeni131:
corolla is a good car ,i am using corrolla 2006 bank type ,i am enjoying it ,its speed ,please go for it

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by SmartToyota(m): 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hello guys, Nice work here on nairaland. I just joined the forum & i must say the forum is a great one. Kudos to whoever created the thread. I can also learn & assist others with their toyota car issues. You can also contact me for your toyota genuine spare parts.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:27am On Nov 29, 2017
SmartToyota:
Hello guys, Nice work here on nairaland. I just joined the forum & i must say the forum is a great one. Kudos to whoever created the thread. I can also learn & assist others with their toyota car issues. You can also contact me for your toyota genuine spare parts.

pally chill, u have got to earn the NL patronage, not by advertising urself @ every little opportunity, but by solving issues for people and providing unequalled customer experience... then and only then can u be called upon to assist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by SmartToyota(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2017
I concur with you but i made it clear also based on what you said. I was actually introduced to the forum by a nairalander.Thanks anyways.
obekediamondfuto:

pally chill, u have got to earn the NL patronage, not by advertising urself @ every little opportunity, but by solving issues for people and providing unequalled customer experience... then and only then can u be called upon to assist.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by good188(m): 11:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
im using toyota corolla bank type ,Abeg i need your help , Antilock Brake Warning was ON,and when i want to select a gear it didnt select at all,i leave the car for few minute and its selected but the Antilock Brake Warning still ,what is really going on?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tq0074u: 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
I'm using a Toyota corolla sports 2013 for three years now, Im now experiencing smoke at the tail end and oil shortage weekly without leakage . I was adviced to get a new engine. My question is there any way around this or I must change the engine. If the latter is the case, how much can I get a good engine. The AC and gear box are perfectly OK
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2017
tq0074u:
I'm using a Toyota corolla sports 2013 for three years now, Im now experiencing smoke at the tail end and oil shortage weekly without leakage . I was adviced to get a new engine. My question is there any way around this or I must change the engine. If the latter is the case, how much can I get a good engine. The AC and gear box are perfectly OK

What engine oil was used to service the car during its life time?

Also what engine oil was used for the last service and what's the mileage?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by noeloge82(m): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2017
Pls guys someone wants to help me get a US used Sienna but we have not agreed on price cos he said he wants to bid for the car first Pls any idea of what it will cost both buying to delivery in Nigeria attached is a Nigeria used pic cos I don't even know the model but I know the car ur advice will be highly appreciated

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by SmartToyota(m): 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
Which engine oil do you use & when last was your car serviced?
tq0074u:
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by nurey(m): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
noeloge82:
Pls guys someone wants to help me get a US used Sienna but we have not agreed on price cos he said he wants to bid for the car first Pls any idea of what it will cost both buying to delivery in Nigeria attached is a Nigeria used pic cos I don't even know the model but I know the car ur advice will be highly appreciated

Tokunbo is pegged at highest 1.8m for the 2003 model year XLE (last year that body style was used). i cant buy this car more than 1.6m for tokunbo so you that you are bidding accidented you shouldnt pay more than 1m including clearing cost depending on year and trim

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by noeloge82(m): 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
nurey:

Tokunbo is pegged at highest 1.8m for the 2003 model year XLE (last year that body style was used). i cant buy this car more than 1.6m for tokunbo so you that you are bidding accidented you shouldnt pay more than 1m including clearing cost depending on year and trim
Thanks for the info
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by noeloge82(m): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
@nurey
Pls do u have idea on maximum weeks it will take a shipped car from Us to get to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.