Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159784 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sweetboy4jesus: 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
please i need more advice on this
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by sweetboy4jesus: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
please dear car gurus in the house, i need ur opinion on which car to go for, the camry big daddy 2004 model or the toyota avalon. your candid advice please!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by drkay(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Toyota corolla
Year-2003
I4
2.4L engine( I think)

I just bought this car 3 days ago and its my first, no complaint so far.
Can someone pls list step by step, necessary things to do after purchasing a toks car before Using it?

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2014
drkay:
Toyota corolla
Year-2003
I4
2.4L engine( I think)

Can someone pls list step by step, necessary things to do after purchasing a toks car before Using it?

your engine uses 5w-30 with genuine toyota oil filter.
if you are filling your tank, tell the attendant to put the dispenser nozzle deep inside the tank inlet before fueling if not, fuel may escape into a small hole by the inlet of the tank and cause your charcoal cannister to go bad. if this happens, a check engine light will come up. that charcoal can cost up to 80k in ebay.com. dont remove your thermostat and connect your fan direct o, if you do, you'll kill that engine. dont use any kind of atf for your gearbox oil. if you do you'll damage the gearbox use ONLY toyota type T-iv atf oil. dont let your fuel finish in the tank if not the fuel pump migh suck debri and damage it.
use your seatbelt, dont drive like a maniac, install a tracker, a steering and foot pedal lock, and get a comprehensive insurance, dont park carelessly that car is easily targetted for its brainbox and it can easily be vandalized park in an enclosed or secure area. dont connect your battery wrongly if you do, you might damage the ecu.

read your owners manual.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by drkay(m): 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
lomomike:

your engine uses 5w-30 with genuine toyota oil filter.
if you are filling your tank, tell the attendant to put the dispenser nozzle deep inside the tank inlet before fueling if not, fuel may escape into a small hole by the inlet of the tank and cause your charcoal cannister to go bad. if this happens, a check engine light will come up. that charcoal can cost up to 80k in ebay.com. dont remove your thermostat and connect your fan direct o, if you do, you'll kill that engine. dont use any kind of atf for your gearbox oil. if you do you'll damage the gearbox use ONLY toyota type T-iv atf oil. dont let your fuel finish in the tank if not the fuel pump migh suck debri and damage it.
use your seatbelt, dont drive like a maniac, install a tracker, a steering and foot pedal lock, and get a comprehensive insurance, dont park carelessly that car is easily targetted for its brainbox and it can easily be vandalized park in an enclosed or secure area. dont connect your battery wrongly if you do, you might damage the ecu.

read your owners manual.
Thank you very much sir. I'll stick to those advice. Am planning to service it tomorrow and som1 said I should use mobil engine oil. Is it the same oil ur referring to? Am already planning to do the comprehensive insurance but I don't knw where to get those severity kits around.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote
author=drkay post=28275598]
Thank you very much sir. I'll stick to those advice. Am planning to
service it tomorrow and som1 said I should use mobil engine oil. Is it
the same oil ur referring to? Am already planning to do the
comprehensive insurance but I don't knw where to get those severity kits
around. [/quote]

theres a reason why i mentioned the SAE weight and not the manufacturers name. if you see any genuine engine oil labelled as 'synthetic SAE 5w30' irrespective of brand, pls feel free. you can place order for such oil from konga.com
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by drkay(m): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
lomomike:

theres a reason why i mentioned the SAE weight and not the manufacturers name. if you see any genuine engine oil labelled as 'synthetic SAE 5w30' irrespective of brand, pls feel free. you can place order for such oil from konga.com
Ohkay, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by cecegorz(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2014
Hi Guys,
My Highlander '03 Limited Edition, drive belt makes a squealing noise for like 2secs whenever the engine starts, and then stops.
I have changed the belt with a new one, it stopped but resumed after a couple of days. I have a feeling that the belts are not the appropritae size.
Anybody with a better idea for a permanent fix to this should drop please.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kkon(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
pls is it possible for a car windscreen to crack without any impact? and any idea on how much it will cost fix or get a replacement..tnks its a toyota camry 2002 model
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by XketchDesigns(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hi guys, I want to get a sienna not yet sure of the model, please is this car an efficient car, in terms of economy and other things. Thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by starlingbawa(m): 9:36pm On Dec 03, 2014
Fellow Toyota users, please what's the recommended ATF for Toyota Camry, 2000 Model and what's the frequency with which it should be maintained?

Please guys, anyone with the right information in the house?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by starlingbawa(m): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
drkay:
Toyota corolla
Year-2003
I4
2.4L engine( I think)

Bro I think you got it wrong. All Toyota Corolla vehicles come with a 1.8L engine inclusive of the very latest Model.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by FlyboyZee: 5:47am On Dec 04, 2014
starlingbawa:

Bro I think you got it wrong. All Toyota Corolla vehicles come with a 1.8L engine inclusive of the very latest Model.
No. You are wrong. Most Toyota Corollas come with 1.8L engine. Yes. But, there are also Corollas with 1.6L and 2.0L engines too.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by starlingbawa(m): 6:25am On Dec 04, 2014
FlyboyZee:

No. You are wrong. Most Toyota Corollas come with 1.8L engine. Yes. But, there are also Corollas with 1.6L and 2.0L engines too.

I can't possibly argue with you friend because we learn everyday. But truth is, I make it a point of duty to always be on the look out as regards this and just the other day I did see the 2014 Model of this car and it was still the 1.8L engine.

I'm yet to see any that comes with a smaller or bigger engine. I guess we'd have to consult Google on this one.

Have a great day buddy!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 04, 2014
starlingbawa:
Fellow Toyota users, please what's the recommended ATF for Toyota Camry, 2000 Model and what's the frequency with which it should be maintained?

Please guys, anyone with the right information in the house?

Use only Toyota genuine ATF Type T-IV (ATF JWS3309 or NWS6500). Any other ATF will destroy the gearbox.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 04, 2014
starlingbawa:

Corolla XKR comes with a larger volumetric displacement engine which results in more power. Its got a 2.4L i4 engine.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 04, 2014
cecegorz:
Hi Guys,
My Highlander '03 Limited Edition, drive belt makes a squealing noise for like 2secs whenever the engine starts, and then stops.
I have changed the belt with a new one, it stopped but resumed after a couple of days. I have a feeling that the belts are not the appropritae size.
Anybody with a better idea for a permanent fix to this should drop please.

Hope you've not thrown away the previous serpentine belt?

If you still have it, check it, its got some number of grooves check with the new belt if it has same groove number. Also the old serpentine belt has a part number. Use the part number to order a new serpentine belt or buy another serpentine belt if your new serpentine belt is not of same length as the old OEM type.

As for the squeaks, it could be the belt wasn't tension properly or a pulley is ending its service life span. Normally, when you change belt, you ought to inspect the pulley for consistency and replace any defective pulley.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 04, 2014
kkon:
pls is it possible for a car windscreen to crack without any impact? and any idea on how much it will cost fix or get a replacement..tnks its a toyota camry 2002 model

Yes, it is very much possible.

Modern cars have their windscreen and rear windows acting as part of the body stiffness. And if you park on an un-parallel surface, it might bring some strain on the body of the car. Sometimes, the stress and strain could cause the screen to crack or scatter.

Glass being poor conductor of heat could crack to sudden wide margin temperature change too.

Any little non visible or hidden crack in the glass could expand as you travel on high speed due to stress and air pressure heating and cooling of glass surface.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kkon(m): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
lomomike:

Yes, it is very much possible.

Modern cars have their windscreen and rear windows acting as part of the body stiffness. And if you park on an un-parallel surface, it might bring some strain on the body of the car. Sometimes, the stress and strain could cause the screen to crack or scatter.

Glass being poor conductor of heat could crack to sudden wide margin temperature change too.

Any little non visible or hidden crack in the glass could expand as you travel on high speed due to stress and air pressure heating and cooling of glass surface.
tnks for this info really got me wondering, well i wil have to replace it then. any idea of the cost and where i can get it in lag. tnks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
kkon:
tnks for this info really got me wondering, well i wil have to replace it then. any idea of the cost and where i can get it in lag. tnks

I am not based in Lagos, however, check Ladipo auto spareparts market.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by starlingbawa(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
lomomike:

Use only Toyota genuine ATF Type T-IV (ATF JWS3309 or NWS6500). Any other ATF will destroy the gearbox.

Dude, thanks for the information. But then, what's the name of this particular ATF, is it mobil or total or something?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2014
starlingbawa:

Dude, thanks for the information. But then, what's the name of this particular ATF, is it mobil or total or something?

The name of the particular ATF is Toyota genuine ATF Type T-IV

If you want to buy it, check the body of the container, it should have any of these specification ATF JWS3309 or NWS6500. If it doesn't, pls don't buy it.

Any ATF other than that, will certainly kill your gear box. DON'T put any seahorse, or holts or whatever in your gearbox. Use ONLY Toyota Genuine ATF Type T-IV.

That's only what toyota recommends and its available in major auto spareparts / autocare shops.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by starlingbawa(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
lomomike:

The name of the particular ATF is Toyota genuine ATF Type T-IV

If you want to buy it, check the body of the container, it should have any of these specification ATF JWS3309 or NWS6500. If it doesn't, pls don't buy it.

Any ATF other than that, will certainly kill your gear box. DON'T put any seahorse, or holts or whatever in your gearbox. Use ONLY Toyota Genuine ATF Type T-IV.

That's only what toyota recommends and its available in major auto spareparts / autocare shops.

Now this is where I have got to say thanks a million !!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by cecegorz(m): 10:32am On Dec 05, 2014
lomomike:

Hope you've not thrown away the previous serpentine belt?

If you still have it, check it, its got some number of grooves check with the new belt if it has same groove number. Also the old serpentine belt has a part number. Use the part number to order a new serpentine belt or buy another serpentine belt if your new serpentine belt is not of same length as the old OEM type.

As for the squeaks, it could be the belt wasn't tension properly or a pulley is ending its service life span. Normally, when you change belt, you ought to inspect the pulley for consistency and replace any defective pulley.

I have that habit of keeping OEM replaced parts for a while before discarding, so I'll dig this out and compare the grooves and part no as advised.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by OneNaijaMan: 11:45am On Dec 05, 2014
Hi,

I'm very curious about the Toyota Solara 2001. Im a big fan of coupes, my first car was a coupe. How durable and maintainable is it. I m about to buy one.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
OneNaijaMan:
Hi,

I'm very curious about the Toyota Solara 2001. Im a big fan of coupes,
my first car was a coupe. How durable and maintainable is it. I m about
to buy one.

its basically a toyota pencil light with only two pillarless doors. same engine, gear and other components. its not really sporty per se, but its okay. if you can over look its boring interior and its lack of driving feel, if you can maintain a camry pencil light then youre good to go!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by OneNaijaMan: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
lomomike:

its basically a toyota pencil light with only two pillarless doors. same engine, gear and other components. its not really sporty per se, but its okay. if you can over look its boring interior and its lack of driving feel, if you can maintain a camry pencil light then youre good to go!

Thanks!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by bjjbam: 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
To d experts in the house. My Toyota camry's
radiator shortens water whenever I travel long
distance. Within town it works perfectly. Eventhough
the temperature on d dash board doesn't rise above
d normal range, I don't think this is normal. Pls I
need ur advice. Thanks!
I have replaced the gasket, but the problem
persists.
These road side mechanics advised that I remove
the thermostat but knowing fully well what
thermostat does in a car, I stood my ground dat I
wouldn't. I don't know wot to do again. I thought
of
replacing d radiator but there was no leak
anywhere. A friend later told me to get a double
cell
radiator. Pls wot shud I do?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by KingMoney(m): 1:05am On Jan 31, 2015
Toyota camry
Year -2005
I4 2.4l

Pls my toyota camry makes horrible noise when ever I put on d A/c.not sure wot d problem might Bt my mechanic says it has to do with the compressor head.I don't think he quite certain wot d problem is also and d car also vibrates when ever I press d throttle.Pls help
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2015
KingMoney:
Toyota camry
Year -2005
I4 2.4l

Pls my toyota camry makes horrible noise when ever I put on d A/c.not sure wot d problem might Bt my mechanic says it has to do with the compressor head.I don't think he quite certain wot d problem is also and d car also vibrates when ever I press d throttle.Pls help

Try turning on the Fan without the AC turned on then report your findings. Does your car misfire, did you change sparkplugs and/or plug coilpack, are the engine mounts wornout/broken, did you carry out any recent repair activity in your car?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 31, 2015
bjjbam:
To d experts in the house. My Toyota camry's
radiator shortens water whenever I travel long
distance. Within town it works perfectly. Eventhough
the temperature on d dash board doesn't rise above
d normal range, I don't think this is normal. Pls I
need ur advice. Thanks!
I have replaced the gasket, but the problem
persists.
These road side mechanics advised that I remove
the thermostat but knowing fully well what
thermostat does in a car, I stood my ground dat I
wouldn't. I don't know wot to do again. I thought
of
replacing d radiator but there was no leak
anywhere. A friend later told me to get a double
cell
radiator. Pls wot shud I do?

Its got a leak somewhere or a bad gasket (even though you alleged to have replaced it, check it if its genuine gasket that was bought.

DON'T use water. Use recommended coolant. Toyota long life coolant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.