Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers (159775 Views)

Strict Information For All Car Users And Technicians / Loading.kwi File Needed For Toyota / Engine Oil For Toyota Camry Big-Daddy (2003 XLE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by rinw: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
yak:

from my little findings, dat car is just a Camry just d door diff. so its not a bad car

Ohk...thanks
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by edoyad(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
The car na sweet ride, I own one. It has a shift on the gear which turns it tiptronic (semi auto).
Make sure you use recommended oil and always check engine oil level too, if you do this you're in heaven.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by fixzylani: 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
Good evening house. On Sunday afternoon I had a major accident along seme badagry road. Car somersaulted more than once according to onlookers but I came out unscathed. The roof of the car is badly damaged and a few dents on the car and glasses shattered. But my bumper, fender and booth still intact. My bonnet shifted too. But the interior is still good and engine runs as I switched off the engine myself. I heard it possible to buy a new body. Pls anyone with any inputs or advice. I'd really appreciate. It's a 2004 white Toyota Camry. Thanks in advance.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by DEXTROVERT: 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
pokenose:
Hello House,

The front passenger tyres of my camry 2010 jerks and shakes slightly and makes some noise whenever i apply the brakes at speeds of 80/100km per hour. This jerking/noise does not occur at slower speeds. What could be the problem? I was advised to do the wheel balancing and alignment. I have done that and the problem still persists. Any suggestions from the house?

It's the brakes disc . especially if the steering jerks with braking at that speed ..go and change them...thanks me later...talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 07, 2015
My Toyota Avalon steering fluid dried up within 2days, now the steering is so hard to turn. What could be the problem as there is no sign of leakage under the car.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2015
michaelcu:
My Toyota Avalon steering fluid dried up within 2days, now the steering is so hard to turn. What could be the problem as there is no sign of leakage under the car.

What year model is the Avalon, did you work on any part of the car especially engine or under front area recently?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by FelixGodwin: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2015
HELLO FELLOW 
I've gots something for all ,,, Thank me letter !! 
Do you know you can buy any Nigerian used car with 6 months guarantee and well inspected with a good mechanic b4 purchase ? Yes for real !!!!  So you have nothing to fear anymore buying a Nigerian used car .. For detail click on the link below 

https://www.nairaland.com/2507950/click-here-buy-nigerian-use

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not all palls !! Check this out !!! Biggest cars for biggest Boss @ a very affordable price with also 6 months guarantee WOW YOU SAY !!!!! Yeah we are just getting started 

Click the link for more !!! 

https://www.nairaland.com/2473399/biggest-cars-biggest-boss

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a Toyota Camry 2007 to 2010 lover ? This is for you !!!! 
Do you can also buy one from us at a cool price and also with 6 months guarantee ,,
YES FOR REAL !!!! 

https://www.nairaland.com/2486670/promo-tok-9ja-used-toyota 

If this is what you are looking for try this !!!
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 07, 2015
It's 2005. Just got it few weeks ago. It's Naija used but the former owner said they have never worked on the engine before and seems so because it looks new and not yet tampered with..I mean the Engine.

kingreign:

What year model is the Avalon, did you work on any part of the car especially engine or under front area recently?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by TheRealGEJ: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hello nairalander, please how many litres of ATF needed to change gearbox of Toyota Corolla 2003/2004. I'm using the OEM Toyota type IV
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
TheRealGEJ:
Hello nairalander, please how many litres of ATF needed to change gearbox of Toyota Corolla 2003/2004. I'm using the OEM Toyota type IV

No more than 4 litres. However, use the dipstick as guage when filling up.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Handsomebeing(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2015
I use a 2003 Camry LE. never had any issue at all with the car when it comes to opening the bonnet but the leg. Shocks, shaft and bearing. I need an advice and a place to get a good part.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by fanex: 11:04am On Oct 08, 2015
toyota products are often abused because of their build quality, when making a purchase, you must have it scann grin grin grin ;Ded o

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2015
Handsomebeing:
I use a 2003 Camry LE. never had any issue at all with the car when it comes to opening the bonnet but the leg. Shocks, shaft and bearing. I need an advice and a place to get a good part.

Location?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:29am On Oct 08, 2015
fanex:
toyota products are often abused because of their build quality, when making a purchase, you must have it scann grin grin grin ;Ded o
Keep spamming cartalk anyhow with your scanner advert.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by fanex: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2015
keep watching me solve other peoples problems and enriching myself in the process o grin grin grin grin
kingreign:

Keep spamming cartalk anyhow with your scanner advert.

Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Handsomebeing(m): 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
kingreign:

Location?
Lagos
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Handsomebeing(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2015
kingreign:

Location?
Ajah, Lagos.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Olaiwolahmed: 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello house. Please i need assistance with some info. I want to know the cost of toyota rav4 2002 engine mount ( right side) as well as the cost of ac condenser for same vehicle. Kindly help with info
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by Princenady(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
I am a fan of Toyota and intend buying one my first car. I had been on d lookout for camry fish light. I stay in d East and d toks sells for 1.15M to 1.25M. I met a dealer that wants to sell for 1M, I took d VIN and some gurus helped me check d history which is summarised below.

2001 Toyota Camry LE / XLE
One owner One owners
Calculated Owners: 1
Class: Mid Range Car - Standard
Engine: 2.2L I4 EFI
Country of Assembly: Japan
Vehicle Age: 14
Calculated Owners: 1
VIN: JT2BG22K410542792
Year : 2001
Make : Toyota
Model: Camry LE / XLE
Style/Body: Sedan 4D
This vehicle's AutoCheck Score
26 - 56
The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's
history. It lets you compare similar vehicles with ease.
About the AutoCheck Score
This vehicle does not qualify for Buyback Protection
Buyback
Unfortunately, this vehicle does not qualify for our
Buyback Protection program.
About Buyback Protection
Accident Check
Reported Accidents: 1
Title and Problem Check
Major title or other problem(s) reported
Odometer Check
Your vehicle checks out
Last Reported Odometer: 297,104
Vehicle Use and Event Check

Reported Date of accident
1 02/24/2015
Reported accidents or damage events are a result of
vehicle collisions or other non-collision incidents such
as vandalism or theft. Not all accidents or damage
events are reported to AutoCheck.
Title and Problem Check
Problem Reported: AutoCheck's database for this
2001 Toyota Camry LE / XLE (JT2BG22K410542792)
shows a negative title(s) or other problems. When
reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate
serious past damage or other significant problems,
and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback
Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and Event Check for
reported accidents.
3 Problem(s) Reported:
Damaged title record(s) or major damage incident
record(s)

Insurance loss title or probable total loss record(s)

Salvage title or salvage auction record(s)

Vehicle Use and Event Check
Information Reported:

Fleet, rental and/or lease use record(s)

2 Event(s) Reported:
1 Accident record(s) reported through accident data
sources

Emission/safety inspection record(s)
★**★*****★****

Please I will need advice from experienced experts here on whether to go for d deal or not.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by tabisegroup(m): 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
gboss4sure:

Beauty ke? Go and check the 2 cars again. Check the pix below of 2012 Toyota Avalon and Honda Accord 2012 and tell me the definition of beauty.

2012 Toyota Avalon

2012 Honda Accord

I must buy toyota avelon in by God's grace
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by edoyad(m): 4:44am On Jan 08, 2016
Hi, who has any idea on the price of an overgrade 2az-fe engine and the price smiley . Rather than trying to change water to wine I think I should just get a new engine, thus I'd like to know how much to budget.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 6:51am On Jan 08, 2016
edoyad:
Hi, who has any idea on the price of an overgrade 2az-fe engine and the price smiley . Rather than trying to change water to wine I think I should just get a new engine, thus I'd like to know how much to budget.

Your Location matters bro, do you want brand new tear rubber 2AZ-fe or toks 2AZ-fe?
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by edoyad(m): 10:39am On Jan 08, 2016
kingreign:

Your Location matters bro, do you want brand new tear rubber 2AZ-fe or toks 2AZ-fe?
Brand new one bro, I'm in north central. Transportation there should be negligible
And when you say brand new I take it you mean straight from factory to my engine compartment
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 11:04am On Jan 08, 2016
edoyad:

Brand new one bro, I'm in north central. Transportation there should be negligible
And when you say brand new I take it you mean straight from factory to my engine compartment

North central meaning Abuja, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kaduna?

Bros, no waste time abeg, na white elephant project be that, go get a tokunbo engine.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by edoyad(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
kingreign:

North central meaning Abuja, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kaduna?

Bros, no waste time abeg, na white elephant project be that, go get a tokunbo engine.

No you go tell me wetin I want or wetin ? Okay tell me the cost of a 1st grade tokunbo, as in "silence of the lambs"
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
edoyad:

No you go tell me wetin I want or wetin ? Okay tell me the cost of a 1st grade tokunbo, as in "silence of the lambs"

You wan para when I wan help you?
Calm down Bros... You won't easily find a 2AZ-FE engine for brand new except you place an order to get from either Toyota accredited dealers abroad or go to elizade (factor in the price of freight logistics).

Japanese grade 1 2AZ-FE is 220,000 last price. If anyone say its 150,000 he is either trying to sell you a 1AZ-FE which the top has been swapped with a 2AZ-FE's top or a dead engine without warranty.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by edoyad(m): 6:44am On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

You wan para when I wan help you?
Calm down Bros... You won't easily find a 2AZ-FE engine for brand new except you place an order to get from either Toyota accredited dealers abroad or go to elizade (factor in the price of freight logistics).

Japanese grade 1 2AZ-FE is 220,000 last price. If anyone say its 150,000 he is either trying to sell you a 1AZ-FE which the top has been swapped with a 2AZ-FE's top or a dead engine without warranty.

Alright thanks. So I take it you are the man to meet when I am ready cheesy cheesy.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by SWG1: 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
gboss4sure:

The car the make me go madt. Anytime i look at the pix online i just let desire for it consume me.

God, I need this car this 2013 Avalon this year cause is my right to ask and receive.

since its ur right, have u received it?

God wants u to be consumed in him while he sends the Avalon (even 2016) ur way to facilitate ur movement and show forth his glory.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by toluh(f): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Please i need to know a reasonable price, i can bid for Toyota Corolla 2007/2009 and Honda Civic 2007/2009
Thanks.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ivoryhouse(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2016
Hello all, i have a question. Which of this two will sell faster; 2015 toyota avalon or 2015 toyota camry xle? A friend wants to buy his first sedan and wants a car he can easily sell when he gets tired of it.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by kingreign(m): 9:13am On Jan 11, 2016
ivoryhouse:
Hello all, i have a question. Which of this two will sell faster; 2015 toyota avalon or 2015 toyota camry xle? A friend wants to buy his first sedan and wants a car he can easily sell when he gets tired of it.
A CAMRY sells faster.
Re: Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers by ivoryhouse(m): 11:30am On Jan 11, 2016
kingreign:

A CAMRY sells faster.
Ok. if you got a 2015 camry xle and 2015 avalon xle touring at the same price, which would you buy? The cars are clean title with manufacturers waranty

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (44) (Reply)

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.