Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Game Lovers Temple Run2 Is Out - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Game Lovers Temple Run2 Is Out (1166 Views)

Thread For Android Game Lovers / Get 999 Million Gems On Temple Run Oz / Hottest Gaming Page On Facebook, A Facebook Page Dedicated To Game Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Game Lovers Temple Run2 Is Out by redcliff: 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
Finally, it is here.

I mean, I got bored of the first one after hitting 27 million and I’ve been trying to fill the void in my heart with knock offs like Subway Surf, Pyramid Run and Survival Run. Subway Surf is pretty awesome though. But I always say, nothing does me like Temple Run does me.

And voila, barely a week ago, Temple Run 2 hit the stores and is already at over 20million downloads. iOS only [though the Android Community says an Android client should be dropping 24th of this month].

The question is; was Temple Run 2 worth the wait?

Well, to a large extent yes.

We’ve got new stuff, a new temple up in the sky, the cart of doom [that's what I call it], zip-lining, new upgrades, objectives and perks.

The terrain isn’t just straight anymore, with winding roads, stairs, miner’s caves, rivers and new booby traps.

And the game is a tad harder, at least for us tight-wads.

Say bye to Resurrection wings and hello to gems, which although can be gained through hard work and perseverance, Imangi studios have decided to be their in-app purchase gold mine. You can’t buy gems with coins like with the wings in the prequel, you just have to collect them like the other power ups or BUY.

I mean, with gems, you don’t have to die. Which means that the leaderboards would be filled with average people who don’t mind spending money rather than talented folks who are good at the game.

The graphics are wayyyy awesome with the new engine but it makes the game kinda heavy to handle on previous generation iOS devices. I mean, the game skipped a bit while I was playing on an iPhone 4S and a notification came in [and I didn't die because I am awesome], what then happens to the iPod Touch folks?

There are some familiar things too; basically the same controls, except for the cart. The characters are the same although they left behind a few unnecessary ones. [I don't really care as long as my baby boo favourite character Karma Lee makes an appearance].

In fact the game is not that different. Imangi was probably going for “Don’t fix what ain’t broken” and decided not to change too much of the game.

It’s hella fun, been playing it since I got it. I’m even playing it right now, as I type…because I don’t have to look at what I type…didn’t I tell you guys I’m cyborg?..oh..some other time then.

I just hope I don’t get tired of it quickly since it’s pretty much the same game.

I’ll give this one a solid 7.5/10 because with improved graphics Karma Lee looks sexier than ever.

Here are some screenshots for Android users who can’t just go and grab the game. :p “ntorr”

SOURCE

(1) (Reply)

Halo 4 On Xbox 360 . A Hit Or A Miss. / If You Are A True Gamer Then This Is For You!!!! / Crimson Vane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.