Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:23 AM

Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? (18305 Views)

How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Cweetie(f): 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
So NLs, should people who like each other front for many months or years before they decide to date.

In my opinion too much fronting can cost you some good love. What do you guys think? Any experiences?

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by greedie1(f): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
i don't know

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Too much of everything is not ideal. Strike when the iron is hot!

8 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by WackyJ1(m): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
As a guy. Don't waste too much time, do the things to ensure she falls in love with you then strike before you get put into Friendzone or ever worse brodazone

16 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Youngsage: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
WackyJ1: As a guy. Don't waste too much time, do the things to ensure she falls in love with you then strike before you get put into Friendzone or ever worse brodazone
things like what pls elucidate expantiatively thanks
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by luvmijeje(f): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
Op shebi is a date not sleeping with him,not even yes to a serious relationship.Just want to know him better.
Please the answer is IMMEDIATELY.

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
As soon as u both feel the chemistry,then u can set off. But don't waste too much time ooo.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by WackyJ1(m): 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
Youngsage:
things like what pls elucidate expantiatively thanks
Show her care, listen to her, be someone that she feels secure and safe around...

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Cweetie(f): 8:05am On Jan 24, 2013
luvmijeje: Op shebi is a date not sleeping with him,not even yes to a serious relationship.Just want to know him better.
Yeah I mean dating (entering a relationship)
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by WackyJ1(m): 8:45am On Jan 24, 2013
Cweetie:
Yeah I mean dating (entering a relationship)
Yeah if you've evaluated his character to a satisfactory level and you like him enough then don't play hard longer than necessary
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by mudistr(m): 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
@op, it all depends
if you've known him for a long time, and he only just asked you out, you can start dating (including sex) him immediatiely
if you just met him, and you like him (you can start simple kisses the first week, and heavy smooching at the end of the month). by the end of 1.5 months, you can commense sex)
If you follow this patter, he won't consider u cheap

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by olumaxi(m): 1:51am On Jan 25, 2013
No definite tym
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Mynd44: 2:57am On Jan 25, 2013
He likes you and you like him act so why wait again? People like too much wahala ooo

4 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Cweetie(f): 3:35am On Jan 25, 2013
mudistr: @op, it all depends
if you've known him for a long time, and he only just asked you out, you can start dating (including sex) him immediatiely
if you just met him, and you like him (you can start simple kisses the first week, and heavy smooching at the end of the month). by the end of 1.5 months, you can commense sex)
Your pattern is detailed enough. Is it guaranteed? It worked for you abi?
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by True2myself24(f): 3:56am On Jan 25, 2013
WackyJ1: As a guy. Don't waste too much time, do the things to ensure she falls in love with you then strike before you get put into Friendzone or ever worse brodazone

Lol
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by True2myself24(f): 3:57am On Jan 25, 2013
The sooner the better so if he turns out to be someone you don't like you just let him go instead of waiting time putting up a front.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Mynd44: 4:42am On Jan 25, 2013
True2myself24: The sooner the better so if he turns out to be someone you don't like you just let him go instead of waiting time putting up a front.
True
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by djeezy(m): 6:26am On Jan 25, 2013
When you do not like someone, let them know in lieu of telling them they are on trial on you want to know them more and in the end your answer will be a "No" or probably you were just playing all along. Basically I believe falling in love is a risk backed up by choice, so if you feel the person is worth giving a shot, then moderation should come to play in how long it'll take to start. For me, the moment a girl puts up this hard to get attitude for a long time than necessary, I start loosing interest and before you know it, the whole process will fade away only for her to be up on you latter when you must have moved on.

6 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by mudistr(m): 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
Cweetie:
Your pattern is detailed enough. Is it guaranteed? It worked for you abi?

yes

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Boss13: 10:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
luvmijeje: Op shebi is a date not sleeping with him,not even yes to a serious relationship.Just want to know him better.

See am typical naija babe - very hungry.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by freecocoa(f): 10:55am On Jan 26, 2013
What are you waiting for?

Date him and get to know him better, from there you go know whether na serious issue or to move on with your life.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by chechemania(f): 10:59am On Jan 26, 2013
2 years
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by phaya(f): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2013

A friend is someone who knows u well(ur likes n dislikes). I can date my friend

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Sike(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2013
As long as i can Endure.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by ifihearam: 11:10am On Jan 26, 2013
mudistr: @op, it all depends

Lol

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by cowgurl: 11:13am On Jan 26, 2013
Seriously are you kidding me? If he/she digs you same way you dig them, what's there to wait? Okay, wait till you loose him/her to someone else.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 26, 2013
I would prefer the firendzone or brodazone cos u might end up hating one another when the going isn't good..
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by WackyJ1(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2013
phaya:

A friend is someone who knows u well(ur likes n dislikes). I can date my friend
It's not that kind of "friend" i'm talking about.. There are some guys that pass through the "friend phase" before they finally start dating the girl.
But for "FRIENDZONE" the girl likes you as a friend but for as little as 2 reasons she cannot date you, you might even be the MALE BESTIE. Ladies you know what i'm talking about

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Men Only Cheat When Their Woman Is Lacking In The Bedroom" - Twitter User Blame / "If You Want Peace, Let Him Be" - Lady To Insecure Women Who Keep Tabs On Men / What Woman Should Know About Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.