Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb (74246 Views)

2015 Waec Civic And Literature Question Ans Answers Release / Online tutorial in Physics, Chemistry, Maths for Jamb and pume / Government/crs Online Tutorial for jamb and Pume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by phtemie(m): 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
Fynestboi: Ok i agree if u guys fail to concord wit me
Lol...but u also made a good point...i like pple dat do challenge past-quests...past-quests can mislead attimes if not careful..
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by phtemie(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
Fynestboi: This question is based on Literary Principles.
'So Children,
If per chance you see a here that roars
Or an ape perched in a palanquin,
Look on in silence..'
'Africa by David Diop
This excerpt exemplifies
A. poetic climax
B. rhetorics
C. paradox
D. conflict
I go for A..Poetic climax..not sure though
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by phtemie(m): 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
Fynestboi: In drama drama dramaturge is he who
A. writes or edits plays
B. directs a play
C. acts a film
D. features in a play

This question is based on General Literary Principles.
A figurative device in whicha statement is made and then withdrawn is referred to as
A. metanoia
B. metaphysical
C. metalanguage
D. metalepsi

An image in poetry usually gives a clue to one of the following:
A. rhyme
B. assonance
C. paradox
D. theme
E. refrain
B
A or D..not sure
D
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
phtemie:
Lol...but u also made a good point...i like pple dat do challenge past-quests...past-quests can mislead attimes if not careful..
naxo am a lawyer just dnt want to crowd dis thread wit unnecesary argument i gat so many point to bk up mai ansa.. Let put a stop deir...
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by saleemema(m): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
Me too
phtemie:
but love treating it myself
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fynestboi: In drama drama dramaturge is he who
A. writes or edits plays
B. directs a play
C. acts a film
D. features in a play

This question is based on General Literary Principles.
A figurative device in whicha statement is made and then withdrawn is referred to as
A. metanoia
B. metaphysical
C. metalanguage
D. metalepsi

An image in poetry usually gives a clue to one of the following:
A. rhyme
B. assonance
C. paradox
D. theme
E. refrain
A,A,D
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 4:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fynestboi: This question is based on Literary Principles.
'So Children,
If per chance you see a here that roars
Or an ape perched in a palanquin,
Look on in silence..'
'Africa by David Diop
This excerpt exemplifies
A. poetic climax
B. rhetorics
C. paradox
D. conflict
A
Am i right?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
Sadeluhv:
A,A,D
2/3
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
Sadeluhv: A
Am i right?
b
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 7:51am On Mar 07, 2013
Fynestboi: 2/3
Which one do i get wrong?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 8:13am On Mar 07, 2013
Numba 2 is
Sadeluhv:
Which one do i get wrong?
d
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by phtemie(m): 9:54am On Mar 07, 2013
Fynestboi: b
B?....How?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Fynestboi: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2013
phtemie:
B?....How?
past questn.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Tosdam(m): 8:29am On Mar 08, 2013
Avoid choosing answer in anxious because so many question are twisted and not straight forward...answer the question below.

1." The hoe is her barber"
The line above is an example of ...
A. Metaphor B. Hyperbole C. Personification D. Litotes.

2. "Pen is mightier than sword" what literary term is use above.

3. "Lazy bone with kleptomania fingers,
axing neighbour door at night with hunger,
crepst had made neighbour labour in vain,
twenty years hard labour with hot blood flowing in vein,
now derelict to pains.

POEM BY TOSIN DAMILARE IYIOLA.
1.The subject matter of the poem above is ........

2. The sound device used in the extract above is .....

1 Like

Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by simplifier(f): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
[quote author=Tosdam]Avoid choosing answer in anxious because so many question are twisted and not straight forward...answer the question below.

1 b 2. metonymy
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by simplifier(f): 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
Here and there
like a plague of locust
whirling
tossing up things on its tail
like a madman chasing nothing
1. Identify the poem it was extracted from

2. The dominant figure of speech in the extract above is
a. simile
b. irony
c. metaphor.
d. hyperbole

3.The mood in the above extract is
a. joy
b. panic
c. anger
d. all of the above

4 What is Agon?
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Tosdam(m): 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
simplifier: Here and there
like a plague of locust
whirling

a. simile
b. irony
c. metaphor.
d. hyperbole

a. joy
b. panic
c. anger
d. all of the above

4 What is Agon?

1. African thuderstorm by rubadiri.

2. A. Simile

3. B. Panic

4. An agon is the conflict between the protagonist and the antagonist.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Tosdam(m): 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
[quote author=simplifier][/quote]
pls answer number 3 and let me award u.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Sadeluhv(f): 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
Tosdam: Avoid choosing answer in anxious because so many question are twisted and not straight forward...answer the question below.

3. "Lazy bone with kleptomania fingers,
now derelict to pains.

POEM BY TOSIN DAMILARE IYIOLA.
1.The subject matter of the poem above is ........

2. The sound device used in the extract above is .....
1. Litotes
2. Metonym
3a. Laziness
3b. abab
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by fynestbarrister(f): 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
african thunder storm
simplifier: Here and there
like a plague of locust
whirling

a. simile
b. irony
c. metaphor.
d. hyperbole

a. joy
b. panic
c. anger
d. all of the above

4 What is Agon?

all of the bove (3)
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by fynestbarrister(f): 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
kiss lawyers, masscm lets storm dis place am expectng una ooo
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by fynestbarrister(f): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
Make sure ur questns re wit options... Dats d rule oo
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Tosdam(m): 12:06am On Mar 09, 2013
Sadeluhv:
1. Litotes
2. Metonym
3a. Laziness
3b. abab

1/4 dat ur score.
Correction
1. "the hoe is her barber"
a. metaphor is a direct comparison
b. Hyperbole is exaggeration of words
c. Personification is an act of animating inanimate things, that is taking non-living things as if they have life.e.g the hoe barbed my hair.
D. Litote is an understatement.
From the analysis of the objectives A. Is the answer, direct comparison, comparing a hoe to barber.

2. Metonymy, that is using a things to represent another.

3. "lazy bone with kleptomania fingers,
now derelict to pain.

That poem was excerpt from my poem, the poem by me entitle "THIEF" .

1. The subject matter of that poem is thief, kleptomania fingers means people who steal what does not belong to them, they are regarded as lazy fellow who doesn't work but steal. When they are hungry they came to broke neighbour door packing away his twenty years hard labour, what he work hard for to get where been pack away on of a sudden.... I wish u read the poem.

2. The sound use is rhythme which is aabb.

If u wish to read my collection of poems never hesitate to ask for them. I may post it online.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by fynestbarrister(f): 12:08am On Mar 09, 2013
Tosdam:

1/4 dat ur score.
Correction
1. "the hoe is her barber"
a. metaphor is a direct comparison
b. Hyperbole is exaggeration of words
c. Personification is an act of animating inanimate things, that is taking non-living things as if they have life.e.g the hoe barbed my hair.
D. Litote is an understatement.
For the analysis of the objectives A. Is the answer, direct comparison, comparing a hoe to barber.

2. Metonymy, that is using a things to represent another.

3. "lazy bone with kleptomania fingers,
crepst had made neighbour in vain,
now derelict to pain.

That poem was excerpt from my poem, the poem by me entitle "THIEF" .

1. The subject matter of that poem is thief, kleptomania fingers means people who steal what does not belong to them, they are regarded as lazy fellow who doesn't work but steal. When they are hungry they came to broke neighbour door packing away his twenty years hard labour, what he work hard for to get where been pack away on of a sudden.... I wish u read the poem.

2. The sound use is rhythme which is aabb.

If u wish to read my collection of poems never hesitate to ask for them. I may post them online.
nice one always help in putn optn..
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by fynestbarrister(f): 12:09am On Mar 09, 2013
More of dat is needed
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by fynestbarrister(f): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2013
This question is based on Literary Principles
' 'They came on like a whirlwind, and dashed over the line snorting, kicking, squealing in a compact, pie bald tossing mob of bay,brown, grey backs, eyes staring, necks extended, nostrils red,long tails, streaming. As soon as they had leaped upon the road the thick dust flew upwards from under their hoofs, and within six yards of Glorgio only a brown cloud with vague forms of necks and cruppers rolled by,making the soil tremble..
Joseph Conrald: Nostromo
The passage above describes a troop of
A. cows
B. elephants
C. camels
D. horses
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by simplifier(f): 9:33am On Mar 11, 2013
Tosdam:
1. African thuderstorm by rubadiri.

2. A. Simile

3. B. Panic

4. An agon is the conflict between the protagonist and the antagonist.
All others are right except Q4.
Agon is the struggle between two protagonist in a play.
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by simplifier(f): 9:35am On Mar 11, 2013
fynestbarrister: This question is based on Literary Principles
' 'They came on like a whirlwind, and dashed over the line snorting, kicking, squealing in a compact, pie bald tossing mob of bay,brown, grey backs, eyes staring, necks extended, nostrils red,long tails, streaming. As soon as they had leaped upon the road the thick dust flew upwards from under their hoofs, and within six yards of Glorgio only a brown cloud with vague forms of necks and cruppers rolled by,making the soil tremble..
Joseph Conrald: Nostromo
The passage above describes a troop of
A. cows
B. elephants
C. camels
D. horses
D. Horses
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by Emmy35(f): 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
1 Some people think that ____ are potentially nuisance
A parent-in-law
B parents-in-law
C parents-in-laws
D parent-in-laws
E parents-ins-laws
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by phtemie(m): 6:31am On Mar 13, 2013
Emmy35: 1 Some people think that ____ are potentially nuisance
A parent-in-law
B parents-in-law
C parents-in-laws
D parent-in-laws
E parents-ins-laws
B..Parents-in-law
Re: English Language And Literature Online Tutorial For Jamb by fynestbarrister(f): 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
Nawa oo where all dis literature pikin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

400L Unilorin Microbiology Student Beat Up A Female Lecturer In Her Office(video / What Offence Did a Student Who Approached His Female Lecturer For love Commit? / New Photo Of Ekuma Jeremiah, Hawker Obi Cubana Sponsored To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.