Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! (15809 Views)

BBM for iPhone and Android is officially available / Best Websites To Download Hd Symbian Games And Apps? / What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 25, 2013
I rep nokia 3310 grin

reindeer: Not a tech wizard like most guys here but after using and getting tired of an iphone,i decided to try the Nokia lumia 920. It's been 2months and i haven't regretted it one bit!
I think the windows 8 phone version is really nice.so bye to symbian!

Stop balling,nobody gets tired of using iPhone except you are using a chinese version.

1 Like

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 25, 2013
I was never really a fan of symbian phone
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Onlinebiz2012: 7:02am On Jan 25, 2013
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by EzePromoe: 7:07am On Jan 25, 2013
I remember my first love, N96. So Symbian is gone?
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Demoinc(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by nas4q(m): 7:25am On Jan 25, 2013
Never speak evil of the dead, it might be your turn tomorrow!
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Iykopee(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
i had a great time with symbian back in d days when free browsing helped me a lot to write ma project.....so many great apps and games 2, made me stick to symbian from 3230, N70, N72, E63 and N78...any way its fun den having a symbian fone.... RIP d gr8..(symbian) we all miss u.
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Imyourex(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Ehm! Ehm! Please how much is this Android sold for.
God bless nigeria Long live Nairaland
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Donchyze(m): 7:32am On Jan 25, 2013
nokia lumia 920 is unbeatbul :nokia lumia 920 is unbeatbul
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Henry22(m): 7:39am On Jan 25, 2013
cry cry cryShe was a good companion,she tot me how to hack becouse of her my name was changed to white hacker and she gave me fame and made me known by many in my neibourhood,oh my u journey home in peace symbian.good bye

1 Like

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 25, 2013
wen is Blackberry goin to die?

1 Like

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by badassnigga(m): 7:39am On Jan 25, 2013
well ,gud development ...who needs Nokia with old Os when powerful Os lyk android and ios r dictating d pace.
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by badassnigga(m): 7:43am On Jan 25, 2013
lamjell: wen is Blackberry goin to die?

blackberry is almost dead also naaa. is just in Nigeria n some few African countries that still stick to BB.
who needs BB in this modern day of rampaging android n ios.
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 25, 2013
ios and android is killing Nokia nd Blackbery nawa oooo
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 25, 2013
Dammit, I love Symbian OS...I'm going to miss you my baby. RIP
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by matrixme(m): 8:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Let's face it, Nokia and Windows OS are like 2 dinosaurs waiting for extinction . Since the early days of exquisite smartphones, who uses Windows OS to impress and gets attention for it? Android, iOS and even BlackBerry (that people have even now turned their back against) are the attention pullers. These two guys ought to face the bitter fact that their romance is not exactly welcoming to the target audience . I pity Nokia more shaa, Windows can rely on their system market. Even Techno now makes android that's not only appealing, also price - friendly. So the low - end market that used to be Nokia's strength is now threatened. I hope the company won't start struggling to survive like RIM soon, 'cos I really hate to see their quality hardwares go to waste. I really believe OS is the soul of smartphones. Anyway, unlike in education, you have to be really smart when you work in tech. :-)
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Shaw007(m): 8:25am On Jan 25, 2013
~Bluetooth:
I rep nokia 3310 grin

Stop balling,nobody gets tired of using iPhone except you are using a chinese version.
i thought i was the onLy one thinKing this Oh . . . How can One possibLy get tired of an iphone??
UnLess u sincereLy only want to try something New,i dnt think u can get tired!
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by nsidible(f): 9:24am On Jan 25, 2013
what is my business when my e51 is still up and runing go0d as ever!..itz even go0d now i can get nokia s60 phone lyk e73 at cheap price.hahahahaha
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Habeebpain(m): 9:31am On Jan 25, 2013
I don't plan to start a phone war here but some comments are just straight on crap. Symbian OS was and is still amazing. My first was the nokia N70, switched to 5800 xpress music edition and last year when I wanted to get myself a birthday gift, instead of choosing from the crappy phones in the 35-40k range, I settled for a 603 that runs the Nokia Belle OS.
I've not seen any blackberry that beats a nokia symbian phone, even the mail ish they're shouting about no special. I receive and send mails easily on my phone. The widgets nko? They're cool. Dolby digital audio update really makes listening to music cool. Same for watching movies.
Most of those screaming bb are afraid to switch to touch-screen devices, which is actually the future. I type as fast as any blackberry user. And I don't abbreviate jack. It's actually surprising that it's those who have a qwerty keypad device who still abbreviate.like seriously?The chances of nokia producing an android phone is very close to none. This os was made to break symbian's hold on the smartphone market. So producing an android phone is tantamount to accepting defeat.If they wanted to, they'll have done that instead of choosing windows os.

One major flaw spoils the windows phones. Inability to lock onto 3G.That feature is a phone killer.

I've seen very few iPhone users who are power users. By that I mean someone who uses their phone extensively. How many apps do they have on their phones? They're too damn broke to buy the quality apps the app store is known for. So if you know you've never bought an app before on your iPhone and it isn't jailbroken, please keep your mouth shut.

Sent from my Nokia 603.

4 Likes

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Damon03(m): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2013
Everyone can keep shouting android and ios till tomorrow, but I'm so in love with my Nokia 701 running Nokia Belle, the os is simply fantastic, lots of app (yea I dont need millions), great battery life (this is what I love most), solid hardware and a brilliant ui. Symbian can die all it wants I don't really care, in fact I still av Belle fp2 upgrade to make....

1 Like

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Walphem(m): 10:12am On Jan 25, 2013
Mehn I rocked my N97, so much before Galaxy s3 took my love for her away, hardly use it for any other thing than phone calls now RIP symbian
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by texazzpete(m): 11:23am On Jan 25, 2013
Habeebpain: I don't plan to start a phone war here but some comments are just straight on crap. Symbian OS was and is still amazing. My first was the nokia N70, switched to 5800 xpress music edition and last year when I wanted to get myself a birthday gift, instead of choosing from the crappy phones in the 35-40k range, I settled for a 603 that runs the Nokia Belle OS.
I've not seen any blackberry that beats a nokia symbian phone, even the mail ish they're shouting about no special. I receive and send mails easily on my phone. The widgets nko? They're cool. Dolby digital audio update really makes listening to music cool. Same for watching movies.
Most of those screaming bb are afraid to switch to touch-screen devices, which is actually the future. I type as fast as any blackberry user. And I don't abbreviate jack. It's actually surprising that it's those who have a qwerty keypad device who still abbreviate.like seriously?The chances of nokia producing an android phone is very close to none. This os was made to break symbian's hold on the smartphone market. So producing an android phone is tantamount to accepting defeat.If they wanted to, they'll have done that instead of choosing windows os.

One major flaw spoils the windows phones. Inability to lock onto 3G.That feature is a phone killer.

I've seen very few iPhone users who are power users. By that I mean someone who uses their phone extensively. How many apps do they have on their phones? They're too damn broke to buy the quality apps the app store is known for. So if you know you've never bought an app before on your iPhone and it isn't jailbroken, please keep your mouth shut.

Sent from my Nokia 603.

Translated: "I am too broke to buy a quality iPhone or Android device, and thus i must promote the hopelessly outdated Symbian OS"

To say WP can't 'lock on to 3G' is nigh idiocy. Haba!

Nokia 603...a paltry 360 x 640 resolution, a measly 5MP camera, a small 3.5 inch screen and a crappy 1GHz single core processor...in 2013!! Not even a front facing camera for Skype or video calls! And you're a 'power user'? LMFAOOO!

2 Likes

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2013
hehehe noobs are here forming experts. They don't know a hoot
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Bawss1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
Habeebpain is definitely reeling in pain after that punch from Tex grin

1 Like

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by CeeK1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
I know this is off topic but I just thought I should spread the word. Kravex (www.kravex.com) is an online store that sells electronic tablets, video games and consoles. We currently have the brand new ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet on sale at our website. You can check it now with this URL : http://kravex.com/product_info.php?products_id=314.

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by loswhite(m): 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
reindeer: Not a tech wizard like most guys here but after using and getting tired of an iphone,i decided to try the Nokia lumia 920. It's been 2months and i haven't regretted it one bit!
I think the windows 8 phone version is really nice.so bye to symbian!
probably u used IPhone 3GS
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by loswhite(m): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Young po413:

Every galaxy users started with symbian,android and ios will not even reach 15yrs like symbian.
The first mobile OS with real multitasking,not all these copy copy.
hw do u knw dat it will not reach 15 yrs prophet?
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by dapo338(m): 5:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
I thought as much, if wanna download sum gud apps, u only get options for iOs or andriod Os. I use nokia E5 and would love sum apps like, talking tom, google earth and sum 3d games but sorry is what i get.. Only runs on Andriod and Iphones.
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Emekayoung(m): 5:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
falansa: To be sincere, i really love Nokia phone... Especially d symbian version but we all kno its overdue n dey need to start producing smartphones like android or window phones dats when dey can really compete wit BB, SAMSUNG, SONY, HTC n others now. Wish them best of luck
Who talks abt BB now a days wen we have fones like Galaxy s3,Iphones and HTC?
Be warned.
Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by reumat(m): 10:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
symbian mit luk dead but believe me symbian dos tins I can't find in oda ios and andriod, hackers knw wat am talking abt

1 Like

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by Habeebpain(m): 12:25am On Jan 26, 2013
@Tex. Too broke to buy a high end android phone you say? Yep I am. I'm just a twenty-one year old graduate. Plus every dime I've earned is as legal as it can be. But I sure do can maintain what I've bought. I ain't in the league of those who spend all their savings on a phone and don't even have money to subscribe.
Plus do you think just because a device is expensive makes it the best. No it doesn't. People like you are the ones that think that just because the money is there means I have to spend it on crap to earn respect. The pagani zonda is expensive, that doesn't it make it more powerful than the Chevrolet Camaro or the Dodge Charger.
A device should be bought for it's functions and not for class.
I believe you've not seen the pictures taken by a nokia 603 before. Don't worry I'll upload some. You think say na pixel dem dey use do am? Barrel chest no open door o! Na person wey get key for hand.
Oya answer this question. Is the Galaxy note II and the iPhone 5 on the same levels? Would you compare the productivity level of an iphone 5 user to that of a note II user?
What you don't know is that some of these high end phones ain't made for naija, but gullible folks like you, all in the name of trying to impress go on and purchase it. Then you start naming the things your phone can do but which you've never tried.

I no get money to buy high end android phone or iphone o, but God bless my parents sotay them help me order nexus 7 (32GB hsdpa version). If that ain't high end for you. Kiss my sorry a**!

4 Likes

Re: Nokia's Symbian Is Officially Dead...!!! by texazzpete(m): 12:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
Habeebpain: @Tex. Too broke to buy a high end android phone you say? Yep I am. I'm just a twenty-one year old graduate. Plus every dime I've earned is as legal as it can be. But I sure do can maintain what I've bought. I ain't in the league of those who spend all their savings on a phone and don't even have money to subscribe.
Plus do you think just because a device is expensive makes it the best. No it doesn't. People like you are the ones that think that just because the money is there means I have to spend it on crap to earn respect. The pagani zonda is expensive, that doesn't it make it more powerful than the Chevrolet Camaro or the Dodge Charger.
A device should be bought for it's functions and not for class.
I believe you've not seen the pictures taken by a nokia 603 before. Don't worry I'll upload some. You think say na pixel dem dey use do am? Barrel chest no open door o! Na person wey get key for hand.
Oya answer this question. Is the Galaxy note II and the iPhone 5 on the same levels? Would you compare the productivity level of an iphone 5 user to that of a note II user?
What you don't know is that some of these high end phones ain't made for naija, but gullible folks like you, all in the name of trying to impress go on and purchase it. Then you start naming the things your phone can do but which you've never tried.

I no get money to buy high end android phone or iphone o, but God bless my parents sotay them help me order nexus 7 (32GB hsdpa version). If that ain't high end for you. Kiss my sorry a**!

Wetin concern me if you had someone buy you a Nexus 7?
Thank you for confirming my previous hypothesis. There is absolutely nothing wrong in owning an outdated phone or a phone that's no anywhere near cutting edge. There are people here that use cheap tecno phones and nobody criticizes their choice. There's everything wrong in using an outdated phone and then coming out to criticize users of much more powerful hardware and software that they are 'n00bs'.
You had the option of keeping your mouth shut. Exercise this option!

Habeebpain:

No need for that, it was a budget phone from Nokia when it was released, sporting only a 5MP camera. Camera performance may be great to someone of low expectations, but it's mediocre these days.

Habeebpain:

Not sure what you mean by 'levels'. Both are high end, flagship phones. Galaxy Note II has a slightly faster CPU but the iPhone 5 has a much more powerful GPU.
There's no single benchmark for 'productivity levels' you tool! You can multitask, run Office apps and many niche apps like AutoCAD mobile on both iOS and Android so either way, all bases are covered. Note II does have a handy stylus for annotation/drawing and other stuff.
What does this have to do with the topic of discussion?

Habeebpain:

With the exception of LTE (which isn't available in most African countries), users in Africa can easily use all the features of these high end phones. Please stop parroting this misinformation around.
Just because you're broke, it doesn't mean people who buy high end phones are 'gullible' or use their entire life savings to buy a phone. Is that what you tell yourself at night to make yourself feel better? cheesy
When I buy a high end phone, i expect best in class performance, camera quality, video quality, cutting edge software and gaming performance. I get all those and more.

PS: I suppose you think your parents were 'gullible' for buying you a Nexus 7? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Infinix Note 5 Stylus Mall Activation In Lagos / The Return Of The Cheap Airtel Night Unlimited Data Plans In Different Style / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.