Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain (8392 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's Big Centenary / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Joseph Yobo Chases Mother-in-law From Home - National Enquirer Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by JOJORHYMES(m): 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
YOBO was super eagles problem.

From the two careless errors he committed early in the game i knew the defence and by extension the entire team will have problem . As the captain and very senior player he lack the leadership quality needed on the pitch.

He could not lead by example talk less of inspire confidence in the players. Was he just included to enable him break the record of most capped player.I prefare a younger more disciplined player if there is no experienced leg.

Winning can not be possible all the time.but yobo is not doing it right.

9 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Clickprettye: 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
When osaze was saying Nigeria don't a captain pple did not listen. Its too late now i guess

8 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Clickprettye: 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
Right from time. Na one better one yeye yobo be. If he play better today.tomorrow fit be owe goal. One better one yeye

2 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by JOJORHYMES(m): 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
If he is one better one yeye,i hope he will be better against Zambia cos he was very yeye in the first game

9 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by tunapawizzy: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2013
i dnt care
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by venorite(m): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2013
No
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Born2beRich1(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2013
Capital NO
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by vincent09(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2013
Peeling egusi and whistles* wetin concern me?

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Adanyebe(m): 10:10am On Jan 25, 2013
WHAT IS YOBO?.... IS IT A NAME OF TOWN OR DISEASE? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by AdemolaA2: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2013
Yes he is ...He's got to put his courage together and play like a man..he promised he would put up a better performance in today's game..
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by aglomar: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2013
No!!
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Skywalker5(m): 10:12am On Jan 25, 2013
Naija and thier blaming games.

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by onatisi(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2013
goog player =yes
good defender =yes
patriotic=yes
good captain=NO
good leader on feild =NO

8 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by BrownMC(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2013
We shall know by the end of today's match and let's remember he's not the problem of the squad
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by webcityng: 10:14am On Jan 25, 2013
CALAMITY YOBO that what i call him... wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by sheriffman(m): 10:14am On Jan 25, 2013
He is long overdue for retirement from the national team
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by COvo(m): 10:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Stop blaming yobo,he's a great captain...blame d idiot who failed to tk d ball to d corner flag.
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Gwekzy: 10:16am On Jan 25, 2013
I say NO n i stand by my NO n if u tink ur yes is greater dan my NO den prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by pendusky(m): 10:16am On Jan 25, 2013
anybody can captain any team so far he can lead... Yobo Isnt chicken problem... Is quite unfortunate that Zambia and Abokinafaso wil qualify frm the group coz we took games for granted... Hope no bottle wil fly over my head... Its going to be a tight game buh *Sowie*
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by samwash(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2013
Yobo Or do you mean bobo? Dat sound like d name of a drink.

3 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Tbillz(m): 10:18am On Jan 25, 2013
yobo i guez insultin u ryt nw wil neva bring out tha best in u 4 nw. .bt i knw u are capable of inspirin tha orda younga playaz bt incase u fail 2 do dis 2dai. all tha accumulated insult would be dished inna plate 4 U.

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by talk2tosep(m): 10:18am On Jan 25, 2013
@ poster,dats the best yobo can do!!you too do yours....
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by vanstanzy(m): 10:18am On Jan 25, 2013
FAR FROM IT!
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 25, 2013
One needs to be a good player first before he can be a 'good' captain. Yobo is neither. The guy is an embarrassment - and that is putting it mildly. Always fidgety, disorganised, and prone to school-boy errors. Of course the other players notice these defects, and so they can hardly derive any inspiration from him as the captain. Too bad.

I guess Mikel is the most qualified player to serve as captain. He is more reliable, and is extremely exposed and experienced - being a regular player at a top (Champions League winning) club like Chelsea. I also believe that the captaincy could bring out the best in him as a central midfielder and motivating influence for the other players.

Like an old horse, Yobo should be spared further misery and sent to the knacker's yard after this AFCON.

3 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by tunapawizzy: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2013
Adanyebe: WHAT IS YOBO?.... undecided
name of animal, place or thing

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by strangest(m): 10:19am On Jan 25, 2013
Osaze na white winchi... i love him though
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by executinal(m): 10:20am On Jan 25, 2013
And here they come again. So you expect Yobo to dominate in defence because he is the only one there right? Ok if you did watch the game you see that those boys backing YOBO up lack confidence and always put Yobo in much pressure.

Echijile or whatever he is called never perform to my expectation. Once he formbles it will still fall back to Yobo, and because Yobo is magician to play all round abi?

The guy called Obobona [/b]was another scum, a player trying to defend his last chance just end up trapping ball for the opponent and the blame should also go for Yobo abi?

I agree he lacks leadership motivation, but that does not mean he never perform well, he did his best.

Nigerians always complain any time they loose match, if Nigeria were Ghana that were 2.0 up and at the end they blow up those chance, by now we could have been calling for the head of our head coach.

In summary is not easy and other team equally need the trophy, so all we need do is to encourage our boys and support them even if they are not performing to our expectation.

Put your blame on this players
1, [b]Ahmed Musa

2, Ik Uche

I expect both boys to kill the game at the corner flag, but what do you expect from them, they need goal to give them automatic Jesse angry angry

Up Super Eagle, Up Keshi and Up Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by aglomar: 10:20am On Jan 25, 2013
Of course not!
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 25, 2013
d guy is prone to mistakes, i tire for him mata. No b him do foolish bak pass to enyeama some years bak wey lead to own goal.
Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by vanstanzy(m): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2013
JOJORHYMES: YOBO was super eagles problem.

From the two careless errors he committed early in the game i knew the defence and by extension the entire team will have problem . As the captain and very senior player he lack the leadership quality needed on the pitch.

He could not lead by example talk less of inspire confidence in the players. Was he just included to enable him break the record of most capped player.I prefare a younger more disciplined player if there is no experienced leg.

Winning can not be possible all the time.but yobo is not doing it right.

The nigger has never struck me as both a good defender and Captain. Nigeria needs someone who can stand as a solid wall in our defence line. Someone fast, fluid and aggressive! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Is Joseph Yobo a good Captain by samwash(m): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2013
Adanyebe: WHAT IS YOBO?.... IS IT A NAME OF TOWN OR DISEASE? undecided
nt Yobo its called bobo Its a name 4 a drink loved by children.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019/2020 NPFL Season Begins November 3 / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Barcelona Vs Girona 6-1 – Highlights & Goals / Payne Scores, Ajibade's Goal Is Ruled Out As Atletico Madrid Beat Sevilla 2-1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.