Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? (4093 Views)

Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Is Oral Sexx a Sin Before God? / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? by chynabest(m): 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
As a christian and a as a church youth president i find it difficult to do without CHEWING GUM. I cant stay a day without chewing gum, i mean i somuch like it and cant go without it and it has become part of me. As a youth president i have been heavily criticised by my fellow youth members for setting bad example to other youths, they labels chewing gum a "SIN" before God. But i dont see it as such. So is chewing gum really a SIN Before God?. Your openion is very important.Tanx
Re: Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? by plappville(f): 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
chynabest: As a christian and a as a church youth president i find it difficult to do without CHEWING GUM. I cant stay a day without chewing gum, i mean i somuch like it and cant go without it and it has become part of me. As a youth president i have been heavily criticised by my fellow youth members for setting bad example to other youths, they labels chewing gum a "SIN" before God. But i dont see it as such. So is chewing gum really a SIN Before God?. Your openion is very important.Tanx

I dont think its a bad thing, how much more calling it a sin, But It also depends. You do not have to pose any problem to others with it.
Re: Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? by Lovethywilbedon: 4:32am On Jan 25, 2013
You can as well ask, Is drinking water a sin befor God?.
Re: Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 25, 2013
Good morning Chynabest,

As a child I was made to believe that chewing gum was associated with pr*stitutes and "low lifes" but now I have come to realize that this is hardly the case.

I am of the opinion that chewwing gum in itself is NOT a sin but despite this belief, I am still of the view that moderation is very needed in some of the things we do; as I do not expect you to chew gum when addressing your elders in church etc.

It is great to know that you are the youth leader but note that this comes with its own responsibilities. I will advice that you be alert to the kind of examples you set for those under you. There are times we might need to drop some things as leaders if those things tend to send out the wrong message.

In summary, Chewing gum is not sinful but apply moderation while chewing and if indeed chewing it leads some members to sin thhen I think it would be best to drop it.

PS: If you must chew, please chew one that is sugar free and helps build the teeth.

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman 2018 Prophecies / Death / Atheism: If There Is Satan There Must Be God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.