Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary (6417 Views)

EFCC Arrests Nkechi Ejele, Sacked Permanent Secretary / The Gift Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Culture And Tourism Gave To PMB (Pics) / FG Suspends Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by mrlizo: 2:34am On Jan 25, 2013
Mohammed Bello Abubakar’s mansion in Sokoto

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Tuesday arrested Mohammed Bello Abukakar a Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Education in Sokoto State.

Mr. Abaubakar is currently undergoing interrogation regarding allegations of criminal enrichment and abuse of office at the agency.

Mr. Abubakar was picked up on Tuesday January 22 2013 by operatives of the commission following intelligence reports suggesting that he was living above his means.

Abubakar who was appointed permanent secretary at the ministry of education in June 2012 had served in the same role for five years in the ministry of local government in the state.

EFCC agents said their initial investigations led them to a range properties including the grand mansion (where Mr. Abubakar currently resides) and a shopping complex.

Abubakar was also found to have purchased brand new 2012 models of a Mercedes Benz E-200, an Audi A-7 Sportback and GMC Sport Utility Vehicle all in 2012.

The Nigerian National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) recently named Sokoto state as the poorest state in Nigeria and some students granted overseas scholarship claimed the state government had not released their entitlements despite several claims to the contrary by the governor.
Source: http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/01/efcc-arrests-sokoto-permanent-secretary.html

1 Like

Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by lain: 7:24am On Jan 25, 2013
What kind of greedy man is this in less than a year that means in 2 yrs he would buy A PRIVATE JET
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 25, 2013
Don't tell me he is being arrested for that chicken change when there are much bigger fishes in the ocean

Tinubu
OUKija
OBJoke
IBBlood
Bank-ole
Atiku
Odili
Gbenga Diabolical
Madam etteh Obasanjo grin
Dariye
Ikedinakoboko Ohakim
Alao white boy Akala

To name but a few

They should leave this man alone jor let him enjoy his Friday prayers at his local Mosque without disturbance
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Techwriter: 7:28am On Jan 25, 2013
It may not be a loot after all. Many northern politicians and elites are getting millions from Arabian oil rich countries to protect Boko Haram and promote Islam. EFCC will still release him you'll see

Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Ahmedie25(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
To me this is nothing special,the perm -sec will soon charge to court & give bail,that is all
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by princemolak(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Nigeria politcians and coruption,may God help us www.efiweblog.info
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by lacasa: 7:30am On Jan 25, 2013
Only

This is chicken change by nigeria's corruption standards now. grin

#..EFCC u fall my hand joor

1 Like

Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by anelka101(m): 7:31am On Jan 25, 2013
hmmmmm,
its not new jare, we were told when he was arrested,but when the case will be buried,no body will hear again.
yeye ppl.
if you are in his shoe,wont you do the same?if not more
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Mazaone: 7:34am On Jan 25, 2013
Haba Efcc this is a smal change .this one na setup u people shld go and arrest the big criminal for abuja not this innocent man pls
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Paulfish: 7:37am On Jan 25, 2013
Baby mama: Don't tell me he is being arrested for that chicken change when there are much bigger fishes in the ocean

Tinubu
OUKija
Obj
Bank-ole
Atiku
Odili
Gbenga Diabolical
Dariye
Ikedinakoboko Ohakim
Alao white boy Akala

To name but a few

They should leave this man alone jor let him enjoy his Friday prayers at his local Mosque without disturbance
Baby mama: Don't tell me he is being arrested for that chicken change when there are much bigger fishes in the ocean

Tinubu
OUKija
Obj
Bank-ole
Atiku
Odili
Gbenga Diabolical
Dariye
Ikedinakoboko Ohakim
Alao white boy Akala

To name but a few

Tinubu
OUKija
Obj
Bank-ole
Atiku
Odili
Gbenga Diabolical
Dariye
Ikedinakoboko Ohakim
Alao white boy Akala

To name but a few

u don say my mind
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Boboedom: 7:37am On Jan 25, 2013
His house and shopping mall are noticed bvecause he decided to site them in sokoto. Supposing they were located in Abuja or Lagos, am Sure that no one will notice them and disturb the man. What is it in our systems that make it possible for us to steal so much money? Crazy country.
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Rexsul: 7:40am On Jan 25, 2013
4 cryn out loud y wuld those useless EFCC arrest som1 dat did'nt even stole up 2 20 billion naira? More greeze 2 ur elbow wen they finally riliz u sir. lipsrsealed
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by ogahope(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2013

Tinubu
OUKija
OBJoke
IBBlood
Bank-ole
Atiku
Odili
Gbenga Diabolical
Dariye
Ikedinakoboko Ohakim
Alao white boy Akala

To name but a few

By their fruit we shall know dem. 'Dey should leave him' luk at d way u are soundin lk a thief.
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Otono77: 7:44am On Jan 25, 2013
Oga Permanent Secretary, settle sharp sharp and carry go.
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 25, 2013
Why does that shopping complex look deserted

The f00l looted money and opened a shopping complex which would rent its rooms to business owners. The buffoon didn't take into consideration that the country is already broke and that people wont be able to afford the rent because people like him have looted the country dry cry.

See the calibre of ediots that rule Nigeria? They cant even work out basic economics. cry

1 Like

Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by royalguru: 8:02am On Jan 25, 2013
What happened to T.A Orji of Abia? and Uduaghan of Delta. I heard those 2 peeps are the worst
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by fkaz(m): 8:17am On Jan 25, 2013
lain: What kind of greedy man is this in less than a year that means in 2 yrs he would buy A PRIVATE JET

U no ear say e dey local govt 4 5yr were d main money dey b4 dey carry am go education or u no ondastand oyibo language again.

Efcc no get sense, dem liv all dos people wen dey petition 4 my state go dey folo dis one wen get chikini monie
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 25, 2013
mrlizo: Abubakar was also found to have purchased brand new 2012 models of a Mercedes Benz E-200, an Audi A-7 Sportback and GMC Sport Utility Vehicle all in 2012.

WTF!!...all in one year?!!...from the poorest state in nigeria?...no wonder almajiris keep trolling there cos the money to educate them goes into personal accounts.mtcheeeeeewww
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by kelahns: 9:05am On Jan 25, 2013
Dang!...I know this mansion and the frigging shopping complex,I don't blame him tho,the state is so wayback,and there's no development and the people in the state don't say anything as long as u give dem 50 naira...and the hail dem ran ka dede...dats what give dem the latitude to loot...I pity the state...the govnor is bereft of ideas...90 percent of the citizens are fools...SMH
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by KnowAll(m): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2013
at least d man spent d money in sokoto. unlike some who will hide their asset in places like london dubai or ghana. d shopping complex will provide livilibood for some traders who will display their wares. Can d same be said of James Ibori, Lucky Igbenidion or Peter Odili. undecided
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Reference(m): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2013
This looks like one of the first cases of prosecutions due to disappropriate lifestyles. Hitherto the question was 'prove he/she stole'. If the anti-corruption war can head down this lane it will make greater impact and be more respected abroad.

The next stage is to go after those who have willfully aided his acts such as his bankers, architects and clearing agents. When the war gets to their doorsteps people will probably ask more questions and be more cautious when offering services to people who clearly should not be in a position to afford them.

Anti-corruption is everybody's war. Let's not pretend we don't know or serve them, indirectly encourage or abett them.
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Reference(m): 9:31am On Jan 25, 2013
KnowAll: at least d man spent d money in sokoto. unlike some who will hide their asset in places like london dubai or ghana. d shopping complex will provide livilibood for some traders who will display their wares. Can d same be said of James Ibori, Lucky Igbenidion or Peter Odili. undecided

'at least he spent the money in sokoto...' joke right ?
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 25, 2013

Tinubu
OUKija
OBJoke
IBBlood
Bank-ole
Atiku
Odili
Gbenga Diabolical
Dariye
Ikedinakoboko Ohakim
Alao white boy Akala

To name but a few

grin grin grin Nairaland ooooo grin
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
See gredy man
Re: Efcc Arrests Sokoto Permanent Secretary by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
lain: What kind of greedy man is this in less than a year that means in 2 yrs he would buy A PRIVATE JET

The truth is the report above is grossly economical with the truth. I know the Perm.Sec.,in Sokoto he is popularly called Bello Gwiwa (am sure 95% of Sokoto residents don't know him as Bello Abubakar....... whatever). While Bello Gwiwa was PSec in Ministry for Local Governments,someone told me in confidence that the guy rakes in an estimated N20million weekly from all the LGs in the state (back then my question was,...if a PS steals this much,what then does his Commissioner rake-in?). 2ndly,the pix of that mansion is a very poor one,...give me a week from today I will upload better photos of that Saudi Palace (I choose to cal it a Saudi Palace because that is simply what it is. The architeture and finishing of that house is mind-blowing) as an update to this thread. Ask anyone resident in Sokoto who is familiar wit Sama Road,....Bello Gwiwa's palace has no rival in the entire state. The state Governor who resides in his private residence (and the Deputy Governor as well) does not have a house has magnificient as Bello Gwiwa's. The truth is,until that house was completed,everyone took it for granted that it belonged to Aliyu Wamakko the State Governor. Just last week on a visit to the State Ministry of Education,I saw a black 2011 BMW X6 parked outside where the Commissioner's car should be,...I simply opened my mouth in awe when I learnt the ride belongs to Bello Gwiwa (that's when I learnt he had been removed from Ministry for Local Governments). Lastly,...his arrest by the EFCC is just a ruse! Na today? Bello Gwiwa is simply too connected in Sokoto (and by extension, in Nigeria) to be stripped of his ill-gotten wealth. The fact that the PDP-led Govt in Sokoto gave him a freehand to loot the treasury of LGAs in the state (while turning a blind eye) tells me his relationship to those in power in Sokoto; ....this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased ( Bello Gwiwa is a beloved son of the PDP Govt,...in him the Govt is well pleased!!!)

(1) (Reply)

Cancer On The Rise, But Treatment Costs N0.5m Monthly In Nigeria / See Who Provided 80% Of APC Campaign Funds / TENSION!!! Governor Umahi Of Ebonyi Slapped By Sen. Oji Ogbuoji (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.