Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,493 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:28 PM

Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? (1596 Views)

When Manslaughter Is Justifiable?? [GRAPHIC PICTURES] / Euthanasia ''mercy Killing'' How Justifiable Can It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Horus(m): 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2008
Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable?

What do you think?
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by JeSoul(f): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2008
the killing of a person for any other reason than self-defense is never justifiable. Fatwa is never justifable or any other religion-based killing.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by tpaine: 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2008
We can't really discuss this vile and reprehensible practice without incurring the wrath of the fatwa-issuers, which is then followed by a ban and deletion of threads. Such was the case with therationa and mockfu.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 04, 2008
Horus:

Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable?

What do you think?

In a religion stuck in the dark ages anything is justifiable.
A raped woman is stoned to death in 2008 for allowing herself to be raped and a women is literally the property of her family and later of [b]a husband who has bought her private part with chicken change.[/b]Fatwa is small talk.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 1:45am On Mar 05, 2008
@Nwando:
In a religion stuck in the dark ages anything is justifiable.
A raped woman is stoned to death in 2008 for allowing herself to be raped and a women is literally the property of her family and later of a husband who has bought her private part with chicken change.Fatwa is small talk.
No wonder the laws in the New Testament (the Sharia or Jurispudence as clearly explained by Jesus (as)), is never observed! I hear you, Nwando. Lady, too much mouth! If only any of you are serious Christians, observing what Jesus said. Oh, am mistaking, Jesus was not a Christian.

By the way, how much should be the price to be paid? I only give gift as token of love. People are not purchased, Is'lamically. Any purchase is more ethnic or traditional. But the ignorants wrap their Unis'lamic behaviors by it anyhow. When an illegal sexual act takes place, there are many things that must be considered, including the witnesses. In the case of rape, the perpetrator of the rape must not be spared, but must go under the law. If you find anything different, then the Sharia has not been practiced. It is as simple as that. Saying it without doing it are not the same.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 1:52am On Mar 05, 2008
@JeSoul:
the killing of a person for any other reason than self-defense is never justifiable. Fatwa is never justifable or any other religion-based killing.
Fatwa, if proclaimed under proper Islamic rule, it is self-defense and it is justifiable. Self-defense should not be looked as only individual, but community or societal as well!

Surprising that you are a christian but your statement above simply disregard what Jesus is recorded to have said in the Bible as concerning what one should do with the eye that causes one to sin!
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 05, 2008
olabowale:

@JeSoul: Fatwa, if proclaimed under proper Great Religious rule, it is self-defense and it is justifiable. Self-defense should not be looked as only individual, but community or societal as well!

Surprising that you are a christian but your statement above simply disregard what Jesus is recorded to have said in the Bible as concerning what one should do with the eye that causes one to sin!

not unusual for a "great one" to misyarn.
I wonder how many Christians have followed that command literally
answer is none because we are the people of the book with knowledge and understanding.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 2:08am On Mar 05, 2008
@Nwando;
I wonder how many Christians have followed that command literally
answer is none because we are the people of the book with knowledge and understanding.
Literal is not popular with the Christians, when it comes to crunch time. However, it is literal when it comes to hanging your "salvation hat" on the same personality who outline a process of 'crime and punishment' which you refused to take literally! Wouldn't you call this duality a disgenuous or lukewarm in belief in him at best? If you love him as much as you said, there should be no problem in taking everything that he said in the same manner across the board!
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 05, 2008
olabowale:

@Nwando; Literal is not popular with the Christians, when it comes to crunch time. However, it is literal when it comes to hanging your "salvation hat" on the same personality who outline a process of 'crime and punishment' which you refused to take literally! Wouldn't you call this duality a disgenuous or lukewarm in belief in him at best? If you love him as much as you said, there should be no problem in taking everything that he said in the same manner across the board!

That is the difference between a carnal man and one led by the Spirit.
You,a carnally minded man are not meant to understand Spiritual things.They are above you till you take that first step.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 2:35am On Mar 05, 2008
@Nwando
That is the difference between a carnal man and one led by the Spirit.
You,a carnally minded man are not meant to understand Spiritual things.They are above you till you take that first step
This is your best response on this very senstive issue? If you are dealing with me, and provide this type of responses, I will encourage you to try harder for more direct to the issue responses. A do over. But you are not my jurisdiction so, give whatever response you want. But as for me, it is too flat. Reasons; You walk away from Jesusin something that he said because it calls for personal responbility. But walk to him and pin on him something he did not say, just because it absorb you of personal responsibility of salvation of your soul!

Did you read my response to your statement of chicken fees payment for a wife purchase? Again, there is no purchase of any person, Islamically. Check the Qur'an. Then check the Ahadith/Sunnah which explains Qur'an. You will never find purchasing wife by husband as an acceptable procedure. You may find it in the Bible, I think. Any intended purchase has no be ethnic protocol, but not religious. At least not Islamic, anyway.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 05, 2008
My response above is Scripture and explains your predicament in understanding Christianity.
You can never understand it or live it no matter how hard you tried because you're carnal.
That's what the Bible says not I.
That's why you marvel why Christians led by the Spirit of God are not plucking out their eyes,marrying multiple wives,cutting people down with swords or stoning adultresses and another Mus'lim wonders why christians are not drinking deadly poisons since it's not supposed to harm them.

The Christian life is open to all who will believe it's not a set of do's and don'ts.
It is the best life you ever lived.
If it's hard for you to grasp,I understand
It is having an assurance of salvation with God and the strength to live a holy life by His grace.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2008
@Nwando: Too much preaching! Its the old mindset; Just belief. Even though it does not make any sense, but your faith in that belief is what count! No, sis, not me. It just does not wash! Been led by a spirit, have to be taking into proper context; There are good spirit and bad spirit! You can imagine how easy it is for the evil one, a spirit to make things evil seemingly good to you, since he was able to lead your god, Jesus to the wilderness, taking him on a cliff and asking him to bonafide himself, in three separate ocassions. Think about that.

It is true that I am carnal, because I am a human being. I eat, drink, love the things that make life worth living. But I am warned not to go against the grain of the set boundary by God in His Sharia, which was demostrated by His MessengerMuhammad (as). This, have kept me grounded, with the fact that I have many safety nets; seeking forgiveness when I err, etc. I am not a drone and I doubt if any human is. I readily admit my weakness to God and seek His Mercy in my prayer and repentance. You should try it. talk to Him directly and not through a third party. He sees and hears everyone!

COME TO IS'LAM and stop fighting so hard!
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by JeSoul(f): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2008
olabowale:

@JeSoul: Fatwa, if proclaimed under proper Great Religious rule, it is self-defense and it is justifiable. Self-defense should not be looked as only individual, but community or societal as well!

shocked shocked so this is how you people justify taking other peoples lives? how frivolous! what rubbish!

Self defense is only when another person is trying to kill you, or your wife or child or someone else and by protecting that person/yourself you end up killing the attacker. This is the only time killing is justifiable!

Just becos someone insults your religion or prophet or whatever that gives you ZERO right to kill them! There is freedom of speech and granted some people abuse it but it is still their right. Fatwa is nonsense and can never be justified. Live and let live for crying out loud!

what does that have to do with fatwa and its injustifiable killing of innocent people?
FYI: Jesus commanded us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute or insult us
Mo'hammed commanded ya'll to go and kill those same people - he's outta his mind! what other people say against you can never warrant or justify killing them. Period.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2008
@JeSoul: Sometimes, later today, I will address your statement above.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 06, 2008
olabowale:

@Nwando: Too much preaching! Its the old mindset; Just belief. Even though it does not make any sense, but your faith in that belief is what count! No, sis, not me. It just does not wash! Been led by a spirit, have to be taking into proper context; There are good spirit and bad spirit! You can imagine how easy it is for the evil one, a spirit to make things evil seemingly good to you, since he was able to lead your god, Jesus to the wilderness, taking him on a cliff and asking him to bonafide himself, in three separate ocassions. Think about that.

It is true that I am carnal, because I am a human being. I eat, drink, love the things that make life worth living. But I am warned not to go against the grain of the set boundary by God in His Sharia, which was demostrated by His MessengerMuhammad (as). This, have kept me grounded, with the fact that I have many safety nets; seeking forgiveness when I err, etc. I am not a drone and I doubt if any human is. I readily admit my weakness to God and seek His Mercy in my prayer and repentance. You should try it. talk to Him directly and not through a third party. He sees and hears everyone!

COME TO IS'LAM and stop fighting so hard!

I say go wash ya "abunna" and say ya prayers 20 times a day grin
It leads you no where lipsrsealed
Christ himself made a claim of himself,I believe it.
God hears me when I call.
My prayers are to him.
and I don't need no plastic kettles,no combustible mats,no kiblah.no recitaions of things I know not, neither do I need to face the atlantic ocean and rearrange my toilet away from Mecca for him to hear me cool
My God is everywhere and hears me in all languages.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 2:33am On Mar 06, 2008
@Nwando: At least I am clean and my body and soul are focused on the Almighty, alone. You should join in on it!
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by 4Him(m): 2:35am On Mar 06, 2008
olabowale:

@Nwando: At least I am clean and my body and soul are focused on the Almighty, alone. You should join in on it!

Does sand also clean the body?
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 06, 2008
wow!!
Olabs
just like that you appeared?
is this jihad time?
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 06, 2008
4Him:

with all the akwarikwata inside
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by redsun(m): 7:32am On Mar 06, 2008
Christ principles are the ultimate,not christianity or any other religion,it is a way of life that frees all,with you as the one,believe.What have you got to lose?it is win win or lose lose situation.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by samba123(m): 8:12am On Mar 06, 2008
nwando:

wow!!
Olabs
is this jihad time?

Sharing discussion is not Jihad, you should read more about I.slam before twisting the meaning of Jihad.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by samba123(m): 8:16am On Mar 06, 2008
4Him:

what sand do you mean for that? the sand in the Beach or sandpaper that the Christian are using in cleaning the ass grin
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by samba123(m): 8:18am On Mar 06, 2008
4Him:

what sand do you mean for that? the sand in the Beach or sandpaper that the Christian are using in cleaning the ass grin
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ samba 123, need not be nasty to make a point
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by 4Him(m): 11:33pm On Mar 06, 2008
samba123:

While you're busy laughing kindly help us understand why ur prophet encouraged you to use sand for ablution.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 06, 2008
@ samba 123, need not be nasty to make a point
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by tpaine: 11:42pm On Mar 06, 2008
Any progressive "philosophy" abandons barbarity as it advances. Christianity made a step change from Judaism by abandoning some of the cruel and barbaric elements of the Judaic faith. But its doctrine of hell is still repugnant. Is-lam is still set in the dark ages and its about time it underwent some reforms.

The government of Turkey is doing the right thing is pushing forward the idea of the reformation of the islami-c religion. Hope they drop this notion of the fatwa.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 2:02am On Mar 07, 2008
@JeSoul;
so this is how you people justify taking other peoples lives? how frivolous! what rubbish!
In America, we don't say Rubbish. I gues you are a lady, so you are being ladylike. Thanks. But I feel you. How do the Christians justify taking other peoples lives?

Self defense is only when another person is trying to kill you, or your wife or child or someone else and by protecting that person/yourself you end up killing the attacker. This is the only time killing is justifiable!
What if a person is clearly trying to kill the society in a gradual way? That will not count ane justify for a fatwa on the person's live, looking at your repose above?

Just because someone insults your religion or prophet or whatever that gives you ZERO right to kill them! There is freedom of speech and granted some people abuse it but it is still their right. Fatwa is nonsense and can never be justified. Live and let live for crying out loud!
Why would you insult my religion and my prophet? Where is your moral and consideration for others? What happens to speaking the truth? And freedom of speech does not mean that you must abuse my freedom and right of person. Your right should not mean that you must stomp on my right.

what does that have to do with fatwa and its injustifiable killing of innocent people?
how is a fatwa pronounced on an innocent person? A person who fatwa is pronounced upon is not innocent. Fatwa is a decree. I guess every society has its own process of decree pronouncement. America pronounce a decree against the Alqauidah organisation!

FYI: Jesus commanded us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute or insult us
I guess the Christian nations did not heed Jesus statement.

Mo'hammed commanded ya'll to go and kill those same people - he's out of his mind! what other people say against you can never warrant or justify killing them. Period.
I hear you. But you are wrong. You will gain experience and in time you sing a different tune! You are not the first to misspeak.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 2:13am On Mar 07, 2008
@4Him:
Try it and lets know. Afterall, the animals use it to kill parasites on their skin. It removed bacteria, but still need to clean your skin with water, etc.

wow!!
Olabs
is this jihad time?
You like my appearance, am sure! Allahu ta'ala brought me to a place of victory. This is why I was available yesterday to respond immediately. I wonder what you will do to make your heart beat fast when I am not availabe on the board anymore?
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by 4Him(m): 2:32am On Mar 07, 2008
olabowale:

@4Him: Try it and lets know. Afterall, the animals use it to kill parasites on their skin. It removed bacteria, but still need to clean your skin with water, etc.

Alhaji agba. Which animals use sand to remove bacteria?
If you were not sleeping in biology class you shld have learnt that there is bacteria in soil.

It boggles the mind that you people will find any incredulous excuse to back m'ohammad's ridiculous practices.
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by olabowale(m): 4:13am On Mar 07, 2008
@4Him: Read again. I said animals use sand, in sand bathing to remove parasites. Elephant and others are good examples. Then I said it removes bacteria. I did not connect it with animals or not. Now have the saliva of dog a dish. then observe it under a microscope. Then wash each specimen plate surface with several powerful types of detergents or bacteria removals. then the a specimen with clean sand or soil, six times. the seventh time rinse with water! Take your specimen surfaces for observations. When you report back to us, tell us which one of them has the least remaining bacteria or non remaining at all.

I will wager my last dollar that it will be the specimen surface that was washed with sand six time and then rinsed with water! You should perform this experiment and we will know who was asleep in Biology class. Nwando, Biko obigeli, perform the same experiment and give us your findings.

And by the way humans eat soil you know! have you heard of mudpie before? Poor western people eat him. And I have seen babies eat soil in Africa. So much for the dangerous bacteria in the soil!
Re: Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable? by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 07, 2008
olabowale:

You like my appearance, am sure! Allahu ta'ala brought me to a place of victory. This is why I was available yesterday to respond immediately. I wonder what you will do to make your heart beat fast when I am not availabe on the board anymore?

This kind of love I never see am grin
what will I do without you?
That's why I was running to mukina and babs asking after you when you went away last time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? / Secrets Of Christianity (decoding The Ancient) / What Happened To Manmuswac?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.