Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? (7287 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by princessono(f): 10:44am On Jan 25, 2013
Nothing is worng.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by bongila(f): 11:04am On Jan 25, 2013
No so far you know he is the right one for you,like someone has rightly said,his position on the queue doesn't matter.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 25, 2013
Orisirisi. Some people are more complicated than a labyrinth. Wetin person no go hear?

It depends on who the "everyone" are. If they are mainly the females in the OP's family - probably her mother, sisters, cousins, and aunties, then one can see the sort of greedy and warped characters you have in your life. They want you to hang your yansh on the shop shelf until the highest bidder comes along, so that they would benefit directly or indirectly. The hope is that since she's still relatively young, she can hold out for Paddy Adenuga or Aliko Dangote Jnr. It is only when she has crossed the Age 30 benchmark and realise that the highly desired 'suitors' are not forthcoming that they would advise her to 'manage' any alcoholic, woman-battering, thrice-married he-goat that comes her way.

However, if the "everyone" are mainly friends, then it is probably a case of jealousy - they are mad that you are getting married before them, or that you are getting married to a decent 'husband material' that has constantly eluded them.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by bukatyne(f): 11:46am On Jan 25, 2013
adaoke: Everyone keeps saying he is the first one, you dont have to say yes to him, others will come etc
The guy in question is a decent person,but people are wary cause he is the first person.

So, is anything wrong in marrying the first person that comes for your hand in marriage?
What do you mean by the first suitor? Is he your boyfriend that proposed or did a random man just propose to you?

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by megaforward: 12:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Op, answer is no! Bt there is something wrong in marryin ur last suitor. Does dis help? U get my drif?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by lillyveezy: 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
tpia@:
very few people actually marry their first suitor.

but, in cases where you're convinced he or she is the one, and no other issue presents itself, its up to you.
How can a she be a suitor(ask for hand in marriage)maybe in ur location?

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by freecocoa(f): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Are we talking about just going ahead to marry someone who just asked for your hand in marriage without knowing anything about him?
or that you love and know the basic things there is to know about him, want to marry him and people think its a bad idea cos he's the first who's ever asked?

I'm kinda confused .

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by neksummi(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nothing wrong in that.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by dacutie1(f): 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
There's nothing wrong with it dear, I married my 1st real suitor. If the feeling is right and you pray about it and hes someone you feel you can live with for the rest of your life. smiley
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Orikinla(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
No.
If he is who and what you are sure you want as your life partner, then please, don't bluff or rebuff him.

There is a time in your biological clock that you will attract many suitors, but it is not permanent.
Then gradually as you grow older and less attractive, the number of your suitors will reduce and then you will no longer find Mr. Eligible, but Mr. Available.
Be wise.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by creativemusic: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by JisolaMar(f): 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
m-ployer:
Do people stil have suitors now? I mean a situation where a man appears from nowhere and proposes to a lady
my brother, i tire oshocked shocked
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by blackbeau1(f): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
It makes you look desperate but then,if you really love him,then its not a problem to marry him
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by bukatyne(f): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
black_beau: It makes you look desperate but then,if you really love him,then its not a problem to marry him
Wetin person no go read for NL!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
adaoke: Everyone keeps saying he is the first one, you dont have to say yes to him, others will come etc
The guy in question is a decent person,but people are wary cause he is the first person.

So, is anything wrong in marrying the first person that comes for your hand in marriage?

Dont give a damn to their reason. or rather wait for the last suitor...
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by toccine: 8:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
There is no need for sampling,if he has all what you want in a man then go on
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by armyofone(m): 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
our parents did . . . nothing wrong.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by DaDewdropsNVS: 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
If a woman is so dammmmmmmmmn ugly. . . that may be her ONLY CHANCE. . . like some moderators and super moderators on Facebook or NS/NVS. Especially, when 'ABSTINENCE' cannot help matters in the WOR-WOR department.wink

Futhermore. . .a woman may have many 'customers' but only one suitor. . . how can she refuse then? wink
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by TheTraveller(f): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2013

Ermmmm, are you a Muslim or something? Have u got to know this person? I don't c anything wrong with it if he's 'the one.'
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by olaeli(m): 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
I am my wife's first suitor and she is my first also, this year our marriage will be 5years and I can tell you clearly that ours is one of the best marriages around! Please note that we agreed to this marriage when all I had were just few trousers and shirts with probably one shoe, meaning the union was never based on what I have o, she accepted me when I was nobody, never waited for richer suitor to come by! Today we are both doing great together, God is indeed good to us... If you are sure that he is the right one (I must tell you that you need GOD to be sure), please dont waste time... Marriage is sweet o, I Wish you ALL the best of GOD.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by nobniger: 11:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nothing

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Marrying Your First Suitor? by TheTraveller(f): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
olaeli: I am my wife's first suitor and she is my first also, this year our marriage will be 5years and I can tell you clearly that ours is one of the best marriages around! Please note that we agreed to this marriage when all I had were just few trousers and shirts with probably one shoe, meaning the union was never based on what I have o, she accepted me when I was nobody, never waited for richer suitor to come by! Today we are both doing great together, God is indeed good to us... If you are sure that he is the right one (I must tell you that you need GOD to be sure), please dont waste time... Marriage is sweet o, I Wish you ALL the best of GOD.

Awwwwwwwww

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men and their joystick / KIDDIES and ADULT US STOCK School Shoes,Sport Shoes,Casual Shoes, Formal Shoes. / Help Help Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.