Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs (4397 Views)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Chocolate Royale Shut By NAFDAC For Distributing 1billion Naira Expired Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by mrlizo: 3:02am On Jan 25, 2013
National Agency for Food, Drugs Administration and Control said in Abuja on Thursday that it had established toll-free platform for feedback on adverse drug reactions.

Coordinator, National Pharmacovigilance Centre of NAFDAC, Mrs. Adeline Osakwe, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria.

She urged MTN, Etisalat and Glo subscribers to text messages to 20543.

Osakwe advised the public to regard such reports as important, stressing that the information would facilitate the agency’s work in safeguarding the health of Nigerians.

She said, “If we get 1,000 reports and only one is genuine, we won’t mind.

“We want people to report as much as possible so that we will begin to document what is happening to Nigerians when they use certain medicines.

“For instance, if you take a drug for stomach ache and you react to it, you could just text `I took this medicine and my stomach is on fire.

“When the information gets to us, we will call and interview you to get additional information that will enable us to determine whether it is actually an adverse drug reaction.

“If it is serious, we can refer the person to a hospital because we do not do clinical management of problem, we do documentation.

“This information will help us to assist the person and the general public because with the information we get, we get to know the people that should not take certain medicines.
source: http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/01/nafdac-creates-toll-free-lines-for-feedback-on-drugs.html

4 Likes

Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by taharqa: 3:10am On Jan 25, 2013
Innovative and a Great move..

1 Like

Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by Nobody: 3:16am On Jan 25, 2013
Is Nigeria's police line working? grin
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 25, 2013
thats good. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by braine(m): 7:09am On Jan 25, 2013
Text messages really? Will they even read the messages? Imagine 100 million people sending messages to that single number. I like the motive, but the idea is not well structured.
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by simongonner: 7:12am On Jan 25, 2013
9C MOVE
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by braine(m): 7:14am On Jan 25, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:

At least we don't have to "text" the police. grin
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by andyolo(m): 7:17am On Jan 25, 2013
It should be called TEXT Message free and not TOll free line. Pls restructure, thanks.
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by Paulfish: 7:23am On Jan 25, 2013
welcome development joor..
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by victorazy(m): 7:25am On Jan 25, 2013
THATS GUD BUT WOUNT THE SAME WORM EAT IT UP TOO?
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by Youngzedd(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2013
Naija 4 life.

We. We.. love yit.
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by greatgod2012(f): 7:32am On Jan 25, 2013
Hopefully, its a good move
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by princemolak(m): 7:32am On Jan 25, 2013
I think this should assist in combating fake drugs www.efiweblog.info
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by leonshom(m): 7:33am On Jan 25, 2013
They r not to read it, its authomated response, there is a code on each drubs purchased,u'l send d code 2d given number,then,if its a genuine drug,u'l get d ok feedback,and if its not,u'l get d opposite !
braine: Text messages really? Will they even read the messages? Imagine 100 million people sending messages to that single number. I like the motive, but the idea is not well structured.
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by kpozite(m): 7:56am On Jan 25, 2013
braine: Text messages really? Will they even read the messages? Imagine 100 million people sending messages to that single number. I like the motive, but the idea is not well structured.

Rome was not built in a day they will perfect the system gradually.

1 Like

Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by drlaykay(m): 8:50am On Jan 25, 2013
*Ileke-IdI:
The lagos emergency line is working perfectly nd its toll free.112 and 767.
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by alaladakosta(f): 9:06am On Jan 25, 2013
no need, i can alwayZ complain to emeka if i have any issue with his drug.
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by gerald09(m): 10:59am On Jan 25, 2013
For Goodness sake give it a chance if it doesn't work obviously they will kn where is lackin n fix it. The police 1 is work well even FRSC.
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by Otolorin4real(m): 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Its a welcome idea,for heathical purpose Thanks.
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by manny4life(m): 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2013

Seriously dude? Do you mean 100million sending @ one time or do you mean the capacity, which one? How is it not well structured?
Re: Nafdac Creates Toll Free Lines For Feedback On Drugs by wheesin(m): 8:35am On Jan 26, 2013
Dats gud but not gud enough..i go dey use the lines send love messages to d nafdac girls

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gets Pregnant Through Anal Sex / COVID-19 Update For December 18 2021 In Nigeria / 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Beer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.