Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,502 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Businessman Make Their Money(darkfall Gold?) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Businessman Make Their Money(darkfall Gold?) (1037 Views)

You Win Some Darkfall Gold And Lose Some Others / Do Any Nigerians Make Their Own Video Games? / What If Apple Decides To Make Their Own Game Console? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Businessman Make Their Money(darkfall Gold?) by tp6gw2: 8:42am On Jan 25, 2013
I can’t comment on Darkfall because I have never played it but I think that releasing a brand new mmorpg so shortly after their first is a master stroke. In fact I think that this may just be the future of Darkfall Gold.

There are too many games out there and I think that the gaming public no longer has the attention span to play one game for five years.

A lot of recent mmorpgs have been labelled failures because they failed to hold onto their audience for more than a few months.

Why not embrace this new reality and design games (and their economic model) that will keep people entertained for a few months before they move on to a new game.

Look at Darkfall. Some bloggers are already fretting over whether or not it has longevity. Why does it matter? There is no sub so Arenanet make their money as soon as you buy the game and if a player gets a couple of months entertainment out of that purchase before moving thats a pretty good deal.

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Video Games / Gta 5 Is Said To Be Release On September 2013 / Scrabble Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.