Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (20952 Views)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali / The Fallacies Of Saudi Arabia’s Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Ngwakwe: 9:41am On Jan 26, 2013
What is happening in Mali is a war by two colonial masters on the indigeneous Africans.

Islamists are Arabs trying to colonize Africans and then their rivalry the West rose up in arms against them.

5 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 26, 2013
Only a Blind African man cannot see whats coming. Boko Haram just like other terrorist groups in Africa and middle east are creation of the united states via cia and the worst is that those people that carry out these attacks doesn't know who they are working for and for what purposes. Is time our people wake up to this conspiracy and put a stop to it, yes we can do it and we will do it. We can never be over run by the west.

3 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 26, 2013
val_dee:

It 's not a matter of balls brother, but of corruption. Fighting war is a big business a d terorism is a gold mine.

The few that run things will always sell us a lie in order to continue enriching their pocket.

The process through which our leaders emerge is greatly flawed thus throwing up people without ideologies as our leaders.

A lot of work needs to be done on our electorate and the electoral process.

How will capitalist theory survive if they don't lie ?
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: What is happening in Mali is a war by two colonial masters on the indigeneous Africans.

Islamists are Arabs trying to colonize Africans and then their rivalry the West rose up in arms against them.

I don't understand your theory of chinese hegemony in Africa.

How many countries in the world speak English ? Many

How many sovereign territories in the world speak french ? Many

How many nations in the world and Africa speak chinese as their official language ? NONE

Why are you now blaming the chinese for colonization in Africa when there is no chinese hegemony in the continent ?
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by sammmiey1: 9:52am On Jan 26, 2013
@Moderators!I'd like 2chnge my username 2'JOKERZ'..I dnt knw y iv nt bn attendd 2 yet,but if it were 2b sum worth hidden posts dey get attention speedily.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Shalome(m): 9:53am On Jan 26, 2013
gboss4sure: Only a Blind African man cannot see whats coming. Boko Haram just like other terrorist groups in Africa and middle east are creation of the united states via cia and the worst is that those people that carry out these attacks were doesn't know who they are working for and for what purposes. Is time our people wake up to this conspiracy and put a stop to it, yes we can do it and we will do it. We can never be over run by the west.
my brother tell me more,last time i checked boko haram meant western education is a sin,so how come the west created them,stop miseducating us, ok

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by mujiboy(m): 9:53am On Jan 26, 2013
Zeddicus: Whilst not dismissing the sentiments of this man, this is no different from the rantings of a conspiracy theorist teenager typing out crap behind his keyboard. So 9/11 was staged? Tell me more..
[color=#990000][/color] yes
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by thirty(m): 9:55am On Jan 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: The Belgian Psychopath plus Sociopath has spoken.

Which one be Egypt and Tunisia war, I thought book makers said they were Revolutions and that it caught Americans and Europeans by surprise.
Q. who are the book maker?
A. The paid journalist.
In Egypt and Tunisia its war not a revolution and its doctored and furnished by Americans and Europeans. Did Egypt and Tunisia manufacture weapons? The MP said the truth and you should read between the lines.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Shalome(m): 9:56am On Jan 26, 2013
We africans love to kiss a.ss, some kiss the a.ss of the west,some are kissing Arab a.ss,"ewww" while some are just learning how to kiss Chinko a.ss

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 26, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How will capitalist theory survive if they don't lie ?

So sad brother. This is the only time I agree with Abacha; We need home grown democracy.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2013
This foolishh guy called louis is very lucky we re in a democratic setting else I would hv clamoured 4 his immediate execution. How can dis fool claim 2 be enlightened n come here 2 say absolute rubbishe 2 d world!!! I feel like bringing him nd beating d daylight out of him! Animal, God will surely purnish yu whereever u re!!! He will mek sure u ceee excrutiating agony in its raw form, foooooooooooollll

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by fio(m): 9:59am On Jan 26, 2013
i keep saying this, cold war between east and west is like a chess game....and we africans are the pawns

2 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 26, 2013
Shalomé: my brother tell me more,last time i checked boko haram meant western education is a sin,so how come the west created them,stop miseducating us, ok

Divisionary tactics.

Who created and funded the Talibans to fight the soviets ? America

Who armed Osama bin-laden against soviet ? America

Why did America arm Osama ? To push the soviets out of Afghan territory;a hotspot for opium an active content in the production of heroine.

Why did Osama turn against the Americans ?
Because after the eviction of the soviets,America decided to settle in Afghanistan to explore and exploit opium and bin-laden was like WTF,I was just be tricked by the Americans and he went on killing spree.See why boko haram called the west evil cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by takedat(m): 10:01am On Jan 26, 2013
The uncontrolled proliferation of arms and Libyan upheaval which the West is responsible for, contributed to the deterioration of the situation in Mali. My question is, how rich is Mali's mineral resources for these foreign countries to covert, if their true intention is to strip them of their natural resources by securing the access of international corporations to do it? What would have been the African solution to the crisis in Mali since we all see the meddling of the West as neo-colonialism?
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2013
thirty:
Q. who are the book maker?
A. The paid journalist.
In Egypt and Tunisia its war not a revolution and its doctored and furnished by Americans and Europeans. Did Egypt and Tunisia manufacture weapons? The MP said the truth and you should read between the lines.
I think people should learn to watch Presstv to know more of what is going on in the western world too which Cnn,bbc and Al-jazeera won't show you.but what can I say,Nigerians would rather stick to Africa movie channels.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 26, 2013
Shalomé: my brother tell me more,last time i checked boko haram meant western education is a sin,so how come the west created them,stop miseducating us, ok

miseducatiing you? So you expect them to bear a name that will look favorably to the west? You must be a kid for thinking this way. Go and research more on Boko Haram and stop believing whatever you hear on CNN. Osama bin Laden was a former CIA Agent so go figure out the relation between them and you can figure out the relation between boko haram and cia. Ask yourself also who are the people arming these terrorist groups with this type of ammunition they use. Just watch out for invasion of Algeria sooner.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by fio(m): 10:06am On Jan 26, 2013
africa dont let us keep looking like mumu, its time to do what the rest of the world are doing, we need to choose sides;between ussr, china and west.....we cant stay in the middle of the fence, we will be crushed one-by-one(fist,libya and second mali. who knows the next). we cant trust them all....but at least keep west from us and learn more.....thats the only out.
its a chess game...only two big players
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 26, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Divisionary tactics.

Why did America arm Osama ? To push the soviets out of Afghan territory;a hotspot for opium an active content in the production of heroine.

Because after the eviction of the soviets,America decided to settle in Afghanistan to explore and exploit opium and bin-laden was like WTF,I was just be tricked by the Americans and he went on killing spree.See why boko haram called the west evil cheesy

Thank you for helping me educate the kid who cant think with his own brain.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 26, 2013
take dat: The uncontrolled proliferation of arms and Libyan upheaval which the West is responsible for, contributed to the deterioration of the situation in Mali. My question is, how rich is Mali's mineral resources for these foreign countries to covert, if their true intention is to strip them of their natural resources by securing the access of international corporations to do it?

Somalia has been in crisis for long and I wonder why troops were not deployed there.Let boko haram starts attacking Niger delta right now now and by noon Nigerian time,you will see US Tomhawks and Apache raining armaggedon on Nigeria just to protect their oil interest since Nigeria is their second largest oil supplier after an absolute saudi arabia.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by warrior101: 10:07am On Jan 26, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Divisionary tactics.

Logical {straight face}
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by thirty(m): 10:09am On Jan 26, 2013
alaoeri:
With the situation of things in northern Nigeria with time don't u think Nigerian govt won't seek for foreign aid because its obvious Nigerian govt can't tackle BH & the Malian Islamist didn't have such power over night, they have been in existence for ages so if BH isn't curb very soon what 'll it turn out to be in the next couple of years recall that in the last 3-4years there's nothing like suicide bombers, bombing of place of worship etc the earlier a lasting solution is find to halt BH the better or else enough calamities in the future ωε don't need a prophet to tell us that.
are are surgesting the american should come and take over power in Nigeria? Or you have forgotten BH is in aso rock. We dont america intervension. Let govt create job and improve in facilities. Its will solve the problem of BH.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Ngwakwe: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2013
When Japan colonized China, where the Chinese speaking Japan or do we write that off and take it as Neighbourisation

~Bluetooth:

I don't understand your theory of chinese hegemony in Africa.

How many countries in the world speak English ? Many

How many sovereign territories in the world speak french ? Many

How many nations in the world and Africa speak chinese as their official language ? NONE

Why are you now blaming the chinese for colonization in Africa when there is no chinese hegemony in the continent ?

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by tplacid: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2013
Thank God this is coming from a christian.......if a Muslim were to write this Christians on nairaland would call such person all sorts of name.......In fact it's so sad to realise that Christians are acting exactly the way the imperalist want to act - Hating Muslims and believing Islam is a religion of terrorist. Thank God the writer stated clearly that 9/11 was sponsored by America and OBL was a creation of the west......so if you are a christian and you hate Muslims thinking they are terrorist I just pity you cos just like so many,you are just a victim of mind control and brain wash. If you are Muslim and you think Christians/non Muslims should be killed then you should realise that you are a transgressor and Allah hates those who transgress.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by takedat(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Somalia has been in crisis for long and I wonder why troops were not deployed there.Let boko haram starts attacking Niger delta right now now and by noon Nigerian time,you will see US Tomhawks and Apache raining armaggedon on Nigeria just to protect their oil interest since Nigeria is their second largest oil supplier after an absolute saudi arabia.
The situation in Mali is that where the Islamist control(Northern Mali) have no mineral deposits. The uranium and gold mining operation in Mali are carried out in Southern and Western Mali which are nowhere Near the Conflict zone and these mining operation are carried out by multi-national companies. So what other interest do they(West) still need to protect through militarism since their investments in Mali is unaffected for now just like in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by ocelot2006(m): 10:26am On Jan 26, 2013
Negro_Ntns: on the scale of population and resource, when you compare the two conutries our military have indeed failed. our military are operating in a zone under emergency declaration and yet have failed to contain cross-border attacks from one state to the other. the failure is highlighted by the event in which a military command zone that houses many generals was attacked.

the fact that boko has remained in north and not crossed southward is by their own choice and has nothing to do with military efectiveness in containing their spread and blocking a southbound assault. if boko chooses to head south we cannot rely on our military to give us safety and security, we must depend on our various regional vigilantes to provide security.......in fact, so far, the fear of a bloody encounter with the vigilantes has been a more successful deterrent than is the fear of the military.

What "zone of emergency declaration" are you talking about? You do know the FG lifted the curfew in the NE, a region still firmly in tge hands on the FG. Oh btw, I live in same "zone".

One more thing, do NOT compare Nigeria with Mali. While the former's busy tackling and dismantling terror cells in a region THE GOVERNMENT FULLY CONTROLS, the later lost HALF OF THE COUNTRY TO ISLAMIC REBELS, with their army on the run. So there are zero similarities.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: When Japan colonized China, where the Chinese speaking Japan or do we write that off and take it as Neighbourisation

Have you ever heard about the First Opium war and the treaty of Nanjing cuz it seems you don't really know how china was forced to make concessions not only to japan but Britain,france and other european powers then ?

I asked you if any country in the world have chinese hegemoney not the above rantings.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 26, 2013
Strange, funny read. I bet he has forgotten it was this same "neo-colonialism" that gives him the good life he and his people are living now.
Nobody has the power to control you except you give the consent to him.
Africa has always been whining and complaining since forever, what have they ever done about their decisions despite sitting on endless resources.
I don't ever blame the so-called "imperialists". Have we forgotten our history? We would. Do the same if we were in their position, so deal with it people.
Just my thought.

2 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Ngwakwe: 10:31am On Jan 26, 2013
For us to understand the West, we need the Musiwa Satellite pictures.

Let me put it this way

Radical Islamists (Arabs) are Colonial masters.

Europeans are Colonial masters.

These Colonial masters have the same objective to impose their believe on the common Africans.

Haven't you heard them saying the West are after Arabs' Oil (Niger Delta Oil inclusive)

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 26, 2013
take dat: The situation in Mali is that where the Islamist control(Northern Mali) have no mineral deposits. The uranium and gold mining operation in Mali are carried out in Southern and Western Mali which are nowhere Near the Conflict zone and these mining operation are carried out by multi-national companies. So what other interest do they(West) still need to protect through militarism since their investments in Mali is unaffected for now just like in Nigeria!

The militants are spreading towards the south to take over the country.where you expecting such to happen before france wakes up from her slumber ?
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by peace3: 10:37am On Jan 26, 2013
Dede1: Africans are lazy, sentimental and deluded bunch of scallywags. It does not take a Belgian MP Laurent Louis to realize that the debacle in Mali is international neo-colonial plot. Any African who is afraid to deconstruct the 1884 European partition of Africa does not deserve a liter of air.
WE ARE OFTEN CARRIED AWAY BY EMOTIONS AND SENTIMENTS.BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT OUR AFRICAN LEADERS ARE TOYS.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by SimplySEA(m): 10:38am On Jan 26, 2013
Chongaiman: Let Mr. Louis have his say and the majority, its way. He pretends not to know that national interest lies at the heart of international diplomacy. Left to him, the oppressive goverments that were swept away by the Arab Spring should have been left in place (even against the wishes of the majority of the people). Therein lies his interest - the people could go to hell so long as no Islamist regime was in place. Whatever happened to "Vox populi, vox Dei"? He is even working against his interests here as the intervention this time is against an Islamist group.

He then continues with half-truths and conjectures. Apart from Libya, were there any overt Western interventions in the Arab Spring? In pursuance of its interests, the West was ready to take a chance with a possible Islamist government in Libya rather than Ghaddafi. Ghaddafi had it coming. He was like Nze the bird which challenged its chi to a duel, after eating to its satisfaction. Mr. Louis wants us to believe that 9/11 was a false-flag operation. undecided Is he the one to determine the legitimacy of the Malian presidency for the world? From the relative safety of Belgium, he could afford to downplay the Malian crisis. He very well knows his opinion would not stand up to proper scrutiny hence his digression through the use of Sagamite's favourite word low class speech and obsession with the French president's choice of words about destroying the Malian Islamists.
no sir. If u read it well u'll kno dat's not his interest. His emphasis are on d lies and inconsistency of d claims of d west for their reasons for intervention....! Taking d rest of d world for an slowpoke!
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2013
Darthmaul: Strange, funny read. I bet he has forgotten it was this same "neo-colonialism" that gives him the good life he and his people are living now.
Nobody has the power to control you except you give the consent to him.

Africa has always been whining and complaining since forever, what have they ever done about their decisions despite sitting on endless resources.
I don't ever blame the so-called "imperialists". Have we forgotten our history? We would. Do the same if we were in their position, so deal with it people.
Just my thought.

Says who ?
Better don't mess with the west cuz they are going to kick your butt really hard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peru's President, Castillo Impeached & Arrested For Rebellion, VP Sworn-in / Ukraine Completes Questionnaire For EU Membership / Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.