Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (20953 Views)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali / The Fallacies Of Saudi Arabia’s Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
NSNA:

they cannot do that. it is a two way thing.
it is mutual benefit and would affect them as well.

China is a bit tricky with the way they do things

How is it a two way thing?

america needs china more than china needs america.

You seem to forget that china has export markets in latin america, asia and africa even parts of the EU will gladly carry on trading with china if the US dollar collapses, the only thing that will stop them is the fact that many EU countries are puppet nations of america but other than that they will gladly trade with china when the US dollar collapses.

america's national debt currently stands at a mind boggling $16 trillion which is the official figure, imagine what the real amount must be? - the only way for the US economy now is down at this point and they know it.

2 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 3:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, how can you recall a payment knowing fully well it's have so much adverse effect on your economy? That will be the beginning of their end. What if they refused to pay? Liquidate their assets? If you dump all your $$$ assets, well you better have one that's equitable to the former else you're in trouble. Lot's of nations want to leave the $$$, but there isn't any viable alternative to the $$...

see my response to NSNA
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by manny4life(m): 3:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
cap28:

You seem to forget that china has export markets in latin america, asia and africa even parts of the EU will gladly carry on trading with china if the US dollar collapses, the only thing that will stop them is the fact that many EU countries are puppet nations of america but other than that they will gladly trade with china when the US dollar collapses.

america's national debt currently stands at a mind boggling $16 trillion which is the official figure, imagine what the real amount must be? - the only way for the US economy now is down at this point and they know it.

It exports but you forget so quickly according to the trade department, more than 40% of China's exports is to the U.S. alone. That's a whopping 40% and their economy is about 70% manufacturing, that's a 28% that U.S. controls. Do the math. Besides, if u think I lie, Google it.

In saying that, American buyers are gradually looking elsewhere for markets. Keep in mind if the U.S. and the Western allies contribute to a huge chunk of exports, recalling those exports and using Africa as slave will definitely crumble China. This action complies with all laws of economics.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2013
Is there a government in Bamako? undecided

take dat: The BH experience in Nigeria cannot be compared to the Islamist insurgency in Mali because the Malian military is almost completely overwhelmed that the government in Bamako had to plead for foreign intervention. However much we may detest neo-colonialism or foreign militarism in Africa, for as long as we find it difficult to manage our affairs successfully, these foreign countries with interests in Africa will continue interfering.
The notion that the intervention in Mali is due to mineral rights or neocolonialism ignores the realities on ground there

The difference between Mali and Nigeria is political stability and our military might in containing the insurgents.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by manny4life(m): 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
Though I was off about the 70% manufacturing thing about China, nonetheless, I've tried to get accurate figures, but I will shortly... brb grin grin grin
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
manny4life:

It exports but you forget so quickly according to the trade department, more than 40% of China's exports is to the U.S. alone. That's a whopping 40% and their economy is about 70% manufacturing, that's a 28% that U.S. controls. Do the math. Besides, if u think I lie, Google it.

ive already explained that china has alternative export markets that will make up for the absence of US exports, how does the US control manufacturing in china - the corporations that manufacture goods in china are not owned by the US govt but by US corporations and they are only interested in making profit, dont forget that they shipped their factories out of america to china in order to make truckloads of money off the back of chinese slave labourers, they also did not give a damn that what they did caused massive unemployment in america, therefore if china replaces US export markets with alternative markets i cant see that they will be too bothered.

have a read of this article it answers your question about china liquidating its US dollar denominated assets:

China to 'liquidate' US Treasuries, not dollars
By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard Economics Last updated: September 15th, 2011
270 Comments Comment on this article

The debt markets have been warned.
A key rate setter-for China's central bank let slip – or was it a slip? – that Beijing aims to run down its portfolio of US debt as soon as safely possible.
"The incremental parts of our of our foreign reserve holdings should be invested in physical assets," said Li Daokui at the World Economic Forum in the very rainy city of Dalian – former Port Arthur from Russian colonial days.
"We would like to buy stakes in Boeing, Intel, and Apple, and maybe we should invest in these types of companies in a proactive way."
"Once the US Treasury market stabilizes we can liquidate more of our holdings of Treasuries," he said.
To my knowledge, this is the first time that a top adviser to China's central bank has uttered the word "liquidate". Until now the policy has been to diversify slowly by investing the fresh $200bn accumulated each quarter into other currencies and assets – chiefly AAA euro debt from Germany, France and the hard core.
We don't know how much US debt is held by SAFE (State Administration of Foreign Exchange), the bank's FX arm. The figure is thought to be over $2.2 trillion.
The Chinese are clearly vexed with Washington, viewing the Fed's QE as a stealth default on US debt. Mr Li came close to calling America a basket case, saying the picture is far worse than when Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher took over in the early 1980s.
Mr Li, one of three outside academics on China's MPC, described the debt deals on Capitol Hill as "just trying to by time", saying it will not be enough to stop America's "debt dynamic" turning dangerous.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100011987/china-to-liquidate-us-treasuries-not-dollars/
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by manny4life(m): 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
cap28:

ive already explained that china has alternative export markets that will make up for the absence of US exports, how does the US control manufacturing in china - the corporations that manufacture goods in china are not owned by the US govt but by US corporations and they are only interested in making profit, dont forget that they shipped their factories out of america to china in order to make truckloads of money off the back of chinese slave labourers, they also did not give a damn that what they did caused massive unemployment in america, therefore if china replaces US export markets with alternative markets i cant see that they will be too bothered.

have a read of this article it answers your question about china liquidating its US dollar denominated assets:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100011987/china-to-liquidate-us-treasuries-not-dollars/

Dude, when companies manufacture and export products, whether it's done by Chinese companies or by American companies in the China, don't that count towards their economy? Again, according to the trade dept, about 40% of ALL manufactured goods(whether by state owned or corporations), ALL manufactured goods in China is headed for the U.S. which makes the U.S. their largest stakeholder by default.

Is that easy to replace U.S. exports with alternative markets? In market operations, who matters most, the buyer or the seller? Demand or supply, which counts? If other alternative markets were exploitative, that mark will be seriously reduced, but unfortunately, figures tell for themselves. They're are reducing while U.S. and Europe is reducing as well. Other nations are spring forth their cheap labor as well, very common to Asia and Africa.

As for the slaves, corps here are finding that due to the nature of how most goods are produced, lots or patrons are rejecting it. I can only speak about U.S., that's why big box retailers like Walmart has come a long way in improving standards of the average Chinese worker, else they pull out of that market.

Unfortunately, China is vexed with U.S. standards of policies that are indirectly hurting them, whether you believe it or not, if goods are manufactured in Africa (cheap slave labor), it's no telling what the supply market will do. Just for the mere fact that U.S. and her allies want to destabilize China, they will go all out to do anything --- whether u choose to believe it, it's up to you. One thing I know is that the laws of economics - demand/supply does not lie.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
manny4life:

Dude, when companies manufacture and export products, whether it's done by Chinese companies or by American companies in the China, don't that count towards their economy? Again, according to the trade dept, about 40% of ALL manufactured goods(whether by state owned or corporations), ALL manufactured goods in China is headed for the U.S. which makes the U.S. their largest stakeholder by default.

Is that easy to replace U.S. exports with alternative markets? In market operations, who matters most, the buyer or the seller? Demand or supply, which counts? If other alternative markets were exploitative, that mark will be seriously reduced, but unfortunately, figures tell for themselves. They're are reducing while U.S. and Europe is reducing as well. Other nations are spring forth their cheap labor as well, very common to Asia and Africa.

As for the slaves, corps here are finding that due to the nature of how most goods are produced, lots or patrons are rejecting it. I can only speak about U.S., that's why big box retailers like Walmart has come a long way in improving standards of the average Chinese worker, else they pull out of that market.

Unfortunately, China is vexed with U.S. standards of policies that are indirectly hurting them, whether you believe it or not, if goods are manufactured in Africa (cheap slave labor), it's no telling what the supply market will do. Just for the mere fact that U.S. and her allies want to destabilize China, they will go all out to do anything --- whether u choose to believe it, it's up to you. One thing I know is that the laws of economics - demand/supply does not lie.

manny4life: Though I was off about the 70% manufacturing thing about China, nonetheless, I've tried to get accurate figures, but I will shortly... brb grin grin grin

Bros if you want to keep beleiving in that lie that China needs the US more than the US needs China its up to you, i have given you a link to an article about china's plan to dump its US treasury bills as quickly and painlessly as possible.

what is the point in doing business with a country (the US) whose currency is being devalued on a daily basis? what is the point in buying up debt (treasury bonds) that is losing its value daily due to america's current practice of printing money? america is not generating enough revenue to pay for its imports and therefore it has to borrow by getting the Federal Reserve to print money in order to make up for any shortfall in revenue this in turn is causing inflation and the devaluation of the dollar, China knows this, Japan knows this and various other EU creditor countries know this hence their plan to get out of the dollar as soon as possible.

you may find this article illuminating:

Lights Out…

Delusions of Chinese dependency on the U.S consumer still abound, and those who suggest a catastrophic dump of U.S. debt and dollars in the near term are liable to hear the same ignorant talking points we have heard all along:

“The Chinese are better off with us than without us…”

"China needs export dollars from the U.S. to survive…”

“China isn’t equipped to produce goods without U.S. technological savvy…”

"America could simply revert back to industry and production and teach the Chinese a lesson…”

“The U.S. could default on its debts to China and simply walk away…”

“The whole situation is China’s fault because of their artificial devaluation of the Yuan over the decades…”

And on and on it goes. Though I have deconstructed these arguments more instances than I can count in the past, I feel it my duty to at least quickly address them one more time:

U.S. consumption of all goods, not just Chinese goods, has fallen off a cliff since 2008 and is unlikely to recover anytime soon. China has done quite well despite this fall in exports considering the circumstances. With the institution of ASEAN, they barely need us at all.

China is well equipped to produce technological goods without U.S. help, and if Japan is inducted into ASEAN (as I believe they soon will be), they will be even more capable.

America will NOT be able to revert back to an industrial based economy before a dollar collapse escalates to fruition. It took decades to dismantle U.S. industry and ship it overseas. Reeducating a 70% service based society to function in an industrial system, not to mention resurrecting the factory infrastructure necessary to support the nation, would likely take decades to accomplish.

If the U.S. deliberately defaults on debt to China, the global reputation of the dollar would implode, and its world reserve status would be irrevocably lost. We won’t be teaching anyone a “lesson” then.

Yes, China currently manipulates its currency down, but then again, so does the U.S. though quantitative easing. Both sides are dirty. Taking sides in this farce is pure stupidity...

Now that all that has been cleared up (again), the primary point becomes rather direct; the reason it is difficult to predict an exact time frame for an American collapse is because all the pieces are in place to trigger an event right now! There are, of course, stress points within the system that set a time limit, even on global banks and China, but a full spectrum catastrophe is not only a concern for some distant future. Every element needed for the so called “perfect storm” is ever present and ready to ignite at a moments notice. The destructive potential coming from China alone is undeniable. Everyday that the spark is subdued should be treated as a gift, an extra 24 hours of education and preparation. This is how close we are to the edge. It is not for us to be alarmed, but to be ready, and ever aware.

You can contact Brandon Smith at: brandon@alt-market.com

To contribute to the growth of the Safe Haven Project, and to help us help others in relocating, visit our donate page here:

http://www.alt-market.com/donate

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/266-is-china-ready-to-pull-the-plug
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
Manny4 life - China has a ready made export market with ASEAN - Association of South East Asian Nations :

The Association of Southeast Asian Nations[5] (ASEAN pron.: /ˈɑːsi.ɑːn/ ah-see-ahn,[6] rarely /ˈɑːzi.ɑːn/ ah-zee-ahn)[7][8] is a geo-political and economic organization of ten countries located in Southeast Asia, which was formed on 8 August 1967 by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.[9] Since then, membership has expanded to include Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. Its aims include accelerating economic growth, social progress, cultural development among its members, protection of regional peace and stability, and opportunities for member countries to discuss differences peacefully.[10]
ASEAN covers a land area of 4.46 million km², which is 3% of the total land area of Earth, and has a population of approximately 600 million people, which is 8.8% of the world's population. The sea area of ASEAN is about three times larger than its land counterpart. In 2010, its combined nominal GDP had grown to US$1.8 trillion.[11] If ASEAN were a single entity, it would rank as the tenth largest economy in the world, behind the United States, China, Japan, India, Germany, Russia, France, Canada, Spain, Brazil, the United Kingdom, and Italy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Southeast_Asian_Nations#History
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by yam: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
take dat: Interesting Read! Though it is difficult to disprove allegations of imperialist motivations in French foreign policy and the use of its military base in Africa to strengthen its role in the inter-imperialist competition and to serve the interest of its monopoly groups plundering our resources but Hollande seems to have been reluctant to intervene in the crisis initially but chose to assist the Malian military with financial and logistic supports. The question is, with the imminent collapse of the Malian military to the Islamists, should France then reject the intervention by invitation offer extended to it by the Malian government to help intervene? should France abstain from intervening in a country where its economic interests is at stake?

The war in Mali is primarily a direct consequence of state failure due to factors caused by Malians themselves. Economic interest, Western meddling and religion are secondary.

just my mind
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by yam: 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
take dat: The BH experience in Nigeria cannot be compared to the Islamist insurgency in Mali because the Malian military is almost completely overwhelmed that the government in Bamako had to plead for foreign intervention. However much we may detest neo-colonialism or foreign militarism in Africa, f[b]or as long as we find it difficult to manage our affairs successfully, these foreign countries with interests in Africa will continue interfering.[/b]
The notion that the intervention in Mali is due to mineral rights or neocolonialism ignores the realities on ground there[/b]

The difference between Mali and Nigeria is political stability and our military might in containing the insurgents.

u said my mind again

Is france just realising there is mineral resources in mali?
[b]
The notion that the intervention in Mali is due to mineral rights or neocolonialism ignores the realities on ground there

i love the above statement

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by aljharem(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
ABAKA72: You mean Nigeria should be invading and colonizing other African countries?. SMH. some sick minds here.

So you mean we should sit back and allow other countries to colonize Nigeria when they surpass us ? How du.mb

Is it not the same Ecowas that don't want Nigerians in the sit of power ?

Is it not the same South Africa that were burning, killing and rasically abusing Nigerians even after we took the Mandela freedom of south Africa like it is ours. WHAT WAS NIGERIAN'S GAIN OTHER THAN INSULTS

Is it not the same Libya and Arab countries of africa that behead Nigerians anyhow just cus we are Nigerians

Ghana even made a law so as to discourage Nigerian investor and cripple their business, not only that, they have stabbed Nigerians at the back loads of time

The same central africa that kept torturing and burning Igbos anyhow.

Again I thank God for allow likes of IBB AND OBJ to be in the history of Nigeria if not, with gullible people like you, we would be victims in a continent that is already victimized.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by yam: 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
Negro_Ntns: on the scale of population and resource, when you compare the two conutries our military have indeed failed. our military are operating in a zone under emergency declaration and yet have failed to contain cross-border attacks from one state to the other. the failure is highlighted by the event in which a military command zone that houses many generals was attacked.

the fact that boko has remained in north and not crossed southward is by their own choice and has nothing to do with military efectiveness in containing their spread and blocking a southbound assault. if boko chooses to head south we cannot rely on our military to give us safety and security, we must depend on our various regional vigilantes to provide security.......in fact, so far, the fear of a bloody encounter with the vigilantes has been a more successful deterrent than is the fear of the military.

u correct.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by yam: 7:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
kalokalo: The Hypocrisy of the West riles my stomach. They armed, trained and financed racist salafists that overran Libya, calling them pro-democracy activists only to start to claim to fight them when they killed the US ambassador. Benghazi has now been turned to a terror fiefdom exporting terror to Mali, Algeria, Tunisia, Northern Nigeria and Syria. This is the very Benghazi that the Western Press told us was the epicenter of the "pro-democracy" yearnings in Libya. They are currently backing Al-Qaeda terrorists tearing Syria apart while supposedly fighting them in Afghanistan, Iraq and now Mali. The utter hypocrisy!! And their so called "free press" consistently omits these critical information from the folks who believe the trash they report as news.

Who doesn't know that Western intervention in sovereign states is dictated by corporate and geo-political resource interests? All their huffing and puffing of democracy and freedom are all hogwash. Here we have France fighting to protect a military dictatorship in Mali while they claimed they bombed Libya to protect the people from another dictator. Who doesn't know that the previous elected government in Mali was overthrown in a coup with support from France so as to get a pliant regime that will allow uranium exploitation in the country?

I pity the simpletons who are sent to their graves to die fighting terrorists that were created, armed, trained and financed by western intelligence agencies in their geo-political chess games. Read the reports of corporate funded think tanks like CFR, Chatham House and you would see reports of the very things happening before our eyes years in advance.

But the fact is dese nobody can go to war without having any interest.
i also think the case of mali and libya is very different.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by yam: 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2013
Zeddicus: Whilst not dismissing the sentiments of this man, this is no different from the rantings of a conspiracy theorist teenager typing out crap behind his keyboard. So 9/11 was staged? Tell me more..
grin
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by yam: 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
Raymondenyi: This foolishh guy called louis is very lucky we re in a democratic setting else I would hv clamoured 4 his immediate execution. How can dis fool claim 2 be enlightened n come here 2 say absolute rubbishe 2 d world!!! I feel like bringing him nd beating d daylight out of him! Animal, God will surely purnish yu whereever u re!!! He will mek sure u ceee excrutiating agony in its raw form, foooooooooooollll

cool down man, wat exactly is d rubbish.at least he is beta dan u in clearify his view.clearify ur view abt the rubbish u assume he said.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by yam: 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
take dat: Thank you! I asked those questions to bring us to a conclusion which is, the rapid spread of the Islamists and the need to contain them. Ap[b]art from other sinister interests at stake for these world powers, there is also the "terrorist threat" that needs to be contain and since the regional powers have not been able to find an African solution to the terrorist threats and the spread of radical jihadists, no one should fault the intervention of the West[/b].

u are on point,What france will get can neva be compared with the lifes they will save.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by takedat(m): 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
yam:

u are on point,What france will get can neva be compared with the lifes they will save.

Thanks Bro. The truth is, starting a war is hardly unnecessary for France if its motive is to exploit mineral resources in Mali. Since the Malian government recognises their lack of capital and human resources to develop the deposits themselves, France with their paternistic influence on Mali would have easily cut generous deals with any government in power in Bamako without having to go to war.

What is the need of carrying out a risky jewellery store heist when the owners are practically given away their merchandise? France has nothing much to gain economically compared to the risk they have taken!
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by loswhite(m): 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
In as much as d west have their own interest so is china.ppl kip blaming d west for everyting but d truth is d west cannot do anything witout our support. D west cannot overthrow gadaffi witout d support of Libyans d west cannot stop our development witout our ppl d west cannot cum to Nigeria to blow our churches in d north witout our ppl as sum may claim dat Boko haram is funded by d west so y do we allow ourselves to b used. It's more like doin evil n blaming d devil.as for Mali I will prefer d west to be in control of d uranium Dan for it to be in d Hands of sum Islamic extremist.commedians joke abt Jesus n pastors but as Christian we don't start rioting or burning tin cos of dat. I remember d da Vinci code movie dat didn't make us Christian to fight n riot even miss world dat was to b hosted in Nigeria ppl were rioting n destroying tins. It is obvious dat d west have their issues but d fact still remains dat we Have Islamic extremist popularly called terrorist

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by loswhite(m): 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
NSNA: I was been sarcastic about America saving Africa from Europe.

What Africa needs to do as a matter of urgency is to break the borders. Africa will never be taken seriously until they do this. Even European countries are shying away from using individual countries name and they prefer to use West Africa, North Africa etc

African relationship between countries before the Arab spring was the best ever.

Now they have strange people leading them in the North Africa that the rest of Africa really do not know.

They are moving into the West using Mali as an excuse.

They [size=15pt]really really badly[/size] want to come for Nigeria hence the Boko Haram that no one knows who is funding them.

Also Hilary Clinton as to leave because it just does not fit for her to be handling pending issues.

did you know that Obama throughout is 4 years only visited Ghana for just a few hours and Egypt for some Arab whatever talks.

Obama cannot be seen friendly with Africa because of what they are planning to do. Things they cannot do to a friend.

The keyword to Africa success and strength is Unification, and this is a talk that [size=18pt]Nigeria and South Africa[/size] need to sit down and sign pen to paper. All the west Africans will follow Nigeria's lead and all the Southerners will follow South Africa, Every country will join the majority so as not to be left out.

They really are planning on coming believe it on not.

China can actually stop this if they too pretend to be terror fighters and deploy 50,000 soldiers to Mali.
wat makes u feel china is better n wat makes u feel unification is d way forward
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by loswhite(m): 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Did china invent slvery ? NO

Did china invent colonizaion ? NO

Did china invent humanitarian service ? NO

Did China invent democracy ? No

Why are you blaming china when Britain,France,germany and other European countries benefitted heavily from slavery and colonization ? Blame the US for foreign occupation !
pls who invented slavery n who were d sellers n buyers n who stopped it.
Abt colonization china does not have d economic strength or s military might during d days of colonization as compared to what they have now.
Are u insinuating dat humanitarian service is bad tin?
To me proper democracy is better than communism
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by loswhite(m): 11:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
thirty:
Q. who are the book maker?
A. The paid journalist.
In Egypt and Tunisia its war not a revolution and its doctored and furnished by Americans and Europeans. Did Egypt and Tunisia manufacture weapons? The MP said the truth and you should read between the lines.
is it only d west dat manufacture weapons ?
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by loswhite(m): 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Divisionary tactics.

Who created and funded the Talibans to fight the soviets ? America

Who armed Osama bin-laden against soviet ? America

Why did America arm Osama ? To push the soviets out of Afghan territory;a hotspot for opium an active content in the production of heroine.

Why did Osama turn against the Americans ?
Because after the eviction of the soviets,America decided to settle in Afghanistan to explore and exploit opium and bin-laden was like WTF,I was just be tricked by the Americans and he went on killing spree.See why boko haram called the west evil cheesy
your theory funny o pls do more research
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 12:00am On Jan 27, 2013
loswhite: In as much as d west have their own interest so is china.ppl kip blaming d west for everyting but d truth is d west cannot do anything witout our support. D west cannot overthrow gadaffi witout d support of Libyans d west cannot stop our development witout our ppl d west cannot cum to Nigeria to blow our churches in d north witout our ppl as sum may claim dat Boko haram is funded by d west so y do we allow ourselves to b used. It's more like doin evil n blaming d devil.as for Mali I will prefer d west to be in control of d uranium Dan for it to be in d Hands of sum Islamic extremist.commedians joke abt Jesus n pastors but as Christian we don't start rioting or burning tin cos of dat. I remember d da Vinci code movie dat didn't make us Christian to fight n riot even miss world dat was to b hosted in Nigeria ppl were rioting n destroying tins. It is obvious dat d west have their issues but d fact still remains dat we Have Islamic extremist popularly called terrorist

i dont know if you know this but the west funds, arms and places in power some of the world's most corrupt and brutal dicators.

they look for people who have one grudge or the other against a legitimate leader - usually the kind of leader who is not willing to sell out his own people in exchange for bribes and extreme wealth from western corporations and banks, they find a saboteur who will be willing to get rid of such a leader and they fund, train and arm rebel groups who are then sent in to destabilise the entire country, and kill this leader, they did this in Libya the majority of libyans were in support of Qadaffi and wanted him to remain in power. You are wrong when you say that it is our fault that we end up in this way, if the west can not get to you using saboteurs to destabilise the country they will invade your country and kill thousands of your people this happened in Iraq, it also happened in Libya when the saboteurs they trained, armed and funded could not remove Qadaffi, the same thing is also currently happening in Syria, the west have been trying to remove Basshar Al Assad for almost 2 years using al qaeda.

[b]Friendly Dictators

by Dennis Bernstein and Laura Sydell

from Eclipse Enterprises trading card series, 1995

Many of the world's most repressive dictators have been friends of America. Tyrants, torturers, killers, and sundry dictators and corrupt puppet-presidents have been aided, supported, and rewarded handsomely for their loyalty to US interests. Traditional dictators seize control through force, while constitutional dictators hold office through voting fraud or severely restricted elections, and are frequently puppets and apologists for the military juntas which control the ballot boxes. In any case, none have been democratically elected by the majority of their people in fair and open elections.

They are democratic America's undemocratic allies. They may rise to power through bloody ClA-backed coups and rule by terror and torture. Their troops may receive training or advice from the CIA and other US agencies. US military aid and weapons sales often strengthen their armies and guarantee their hold on power. Unwavering "anti-communism" and a willingness to provide unhampered access for American business interests to exploit their countries' natural resources and cheap labor are the excuses for their repression, and the primary reason the US government supports them. They may be linked internationalIy to extreme right-wing groups such as the World Anti-Communist League, and some have had strong Nazi affiliations and have offered sanctuary to WWll Nazi war criminals.

They usually grow rich, while their countries' economies deteriorate and the majority of their people live in poverty. US tax dollars and US-backed loans have made billionaires of some, while others are international drug dealers who also collect CIA paychecks. Rarely are they called to account for their crimes. And rarely still, is the US government held responsible for supporting and protecting some of the worst human rights violators in the world.

Friendly dictators

Abacha, General Sani ----------------------------Nigeria
Amin, Idi ------------------------------------------Uganda
Banzer, Colonel Hugo ---------------------------Bolivia
Batista, Fulgencio --------------------------------Cuba
Bolkiah, Sir Hassanal ----------------------------Brunei
Botha, P.W. ---------------------------------------South Africa
Branco, General Humberto ---------------------Brazil
Cedras, Raoul -------------------------------------Haiti
Cerezo, Vinicio -----------------------------------Guatemala
Chiang Kai-Shek ---------------------------------Taiwan
Cordova, Roberto Suazo ------------------------Honduras
Christiani, Alfredo -------------------------------El Salvador
Diem, Ngo Dihn ---------------------------------Vietnam
Doe, General Samuel ----------------------------Liberia
Duvalier, Francois --------------------------------Haiti
Duvalier, Jean Claude-----------------------------Haiti
Fahd bin'Abdul-'Aziz, King ---------------------Saudi Arabia
Franco, General Francisco -----------------------Spain
Hitler, Adolf ---------------------------------------Germany
Hassan II-------------------------------------------Morocco
Marcos, Ferdinand -------------------------------Philippines
Martinez, General Maximiliano Hernandez ---El Salvador
Mobutu Sese Seko -------------------------------Zaire
Noriega, General Manuel ------------------------Panama
Ozal, Turgut --------------------------------------Turkey
Pahlevi, Shah Mohammed Reza ---------------Iran
Papadopoulos, George --------------------------Greece
Park Chung Hee ---------------------------------South Korea
Pinochet, General Augusto ---------------------Chile
Pol Pot---------------------------------------------Cambodia
Rabuka, General Sitiveni ------------------------Fiji
Montt, General Efrain Rios ---------------------Guatemala
Salassie, Halie ------------------------------------Ethiopia
Salazar, Antonio de Oliveira --------------------Portugal
Somoza, Anastasio Jr. --------------------------Nicaragua
Somoza, Anastasio, Sr. -------------------------Nicaragua
Smith, Ian ----------------------------------------Rhodesia
Stroessner, Alfredo -----------------------------Paraguay
Suharto, General ---------------------------------Indonesia
Trujillo, Rafael Leonidas -----------------------Dominican Republic
Videla, General Jorge Rafael ------------------Argentina
Zia Ul-Haq, Mohammed ----------------------Pakistan

[/b]

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/US_ThirdWorld/dictators.html
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by loswhite(m): 12:11am On Jan 27, 2013
cap28:

There are many weapons china can use against the US - but the biggest weapon they have at the moment is their position as america's biggest creditor - china holds over ver $1 trillion of US treasury bonds, if they want to mess america up big time all they need to do is demand repayment of this debt (knowing full well that america is bankrupt) and at the same time start getting rid of all their US dollar denominated assets this will trigger the immediate collapse of the US dollar as other countries will rush to offload the dollar as well as its value starts to plummet. I beleive that sooner or later China will attack them using this method because there is no way they are going to sit back and watch while europe and america locks them out of africa.
easier said than done
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 27, 2013
Chongaiman: Let Mr. Louis have his say and the majority, its way. He pretends not to know that national interest lies at the heart of international diplomacy. Left to him, the oppressive goverments that were swept away by the Arab Spring should have been left in place (even against the wishes of the majority of the people). Therein lies his interest - the people could go to hell so long as no Islamist regime was in place. Whatever happened to "Vox populi, vox Dei"? He is even working against his interests here as the intervention this time is against an Islamist group.

He then continues with half-truths and conjectures. Apart from Libya, were there any overt Western interventions in the Arab Spring? In pursuance of its interests, the West was ready to take a chance with a possible Islamist government in Libya rather than Ghaddafi. Ghaddafi had it coming. He was like Nze the bird which challenged its chi to a duel, after eating to its satisfaction. Mr. Louis wants us to believe that 9/11 was a false-flag operation. undecided Is he the one to determine the legitimacy of the Malian presidency for the world? From the relative safety of Belgium, he could afford to downplay the Malian crisis. He very well knows his opinion would not stand up to proper scrutiny hence his digression through the use of Sagamite's favourite word low class speech and obsession with the French president's choice of words about destroying the Malian Islamists.

@ bolded
Was it not? With myriads of information at your disposal you still manage to sound clueless as regards international politics.
was it not?
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by loswhite(m): 12:19am On Jan 27, 2013
cap28:

do u think u knw more Dan d Chinese government if really it was that easy they would hav don it. U acting like sumbody dat play chess thinking of only ur moves.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 12:30am On Jan 27, 2013
loswhite: do u think u knw more Dan d Chinese government if really it was that easy they would hav don it. U acting like sumbody dat play chess thinking of only ur moves.

and what makes you think that they wont do this? they are making moves in that direction.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 27, 2013
Chongaiman: To digress, this caught my attention:

I wonder how feasible this would have been, what with the Bretton Woods system of monetary management . . .

It would have been worth a try just as eurozone have euros as their currency. Only difference is that Ghaddaffi just like saddam wanted out on the dollar standard. He wanted it to be like old times when countries had to pay for goods using gold or oil, e.t.c. more like a trade by barter kindah arrangement instead of using dollar which the federal reserve prints like akara without any real value attached to it. That way, those with gold, oil or other natural resources get to trade directly with them. e.g
gold = $1300+/ounce
oil = $100+/barrel
if A wants 20 barrels of oil from B, then he's got to pay the equivalent in gold(1.54 ounces). This is just a simple analogy. This way countries get to control their resources without the value being dependent on fluctuations in some paper currency. The dollar standard was introduced I think by Nixon after the vietnam war at a period america was going through financial peril and was neck deep in debt(other countries gold which were kept in the federal reserves for safekeeping had been squandered to prosecute the war in vietnam).
Gbagbo of recent wanted out on the neo-colonialist royalties being remitted to france(imagine being compelled to have your nations money in a french bank and then borrowing same with high interest, plus they dictate to you how much of your own money you can have access to at any given time). This is just re-partitioning of Africa 2.0, only this time, it is not just Europe alone, but US too. China, Russia soon to follow with the leftovers.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by loswhite(m): 12:45am On Jan 27, 2013
cap28:

i dont know if you know this but the west funds, arms and places in power some of the world's most corrupt and brutal dicators.

they look for people who have one grudge or the other against a legitimate leader - usually the kind of leader who is not willing to sell out his own people in exchange for bribes and extreme wealth from western corporations and banks, they find a saboteur who will be willing to get rid of such a leader and they fund, train and arm rebel groups who are then sent in to destabilise the entire country, and kill this leader, they did this in Libya the majority of libyans were in support of Qadaffi and wanted him to remain in power. You are wrong when you say that it is our fault that we end up in this way, if the west can not get to you using saboteurs to destabilise the country they will invade your country and kill thousands of your people this happened in Iraq, it also happened in Libya when the saboteurs they trained, armed and funded could not remove Qadaffi, the same thing is also currently happening in Syria, the west have been trying to remove Basshar Al Assad for almost 2 years using al qaeda.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/US_ThirdWorld/dictators.html
I agree wit u but it is d same tin I said they cannot do it witout our help or sumbody selling out. Our best bet is to develop our self n not to take side with either west or east or Arab cos they will always have their interest
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Divisionary tactics.

Who created and funded the Talibans to fight the soviets ? America

Who armed Osama bin-laden against soviet ? America

Why did America arm Osama ? To push the soviets out of Afghan territory;a hotspot for opium an active content in the production of heroine.

Why did Osama turn against the Americans ?
Because after the eviction of the soviets,America decided to settle in Afghanistan to explore and exploit opium and bin-laden was like WTF,I was just be tricked by the Americans and he went on killing spree.See why boko haram called the west evil cheesy

Word! Spot on jare!
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 27, 2013
take dat: The situation in Mali is that where the Islamist control(Northern Mali) have no mineral deposits. The uranium and gold mining operation in Mali are carried out in Southern and Western Mali which are nowhere Near the Conflict zone and these mining operation are carried out by multi-national companies. So what other interest do they(West) still need to protect through militarism since their investments in Mali is unaffected for now just like in Nigeria!

just to answer you, pls read carefully.

...Uranium: encouraging signs and exploration in full swing. Exploration is currently being carried out by several companies with clear indications of deposits of uranium in Mali. Uranium potential is located in the Falea area which covers 150 km² of the Falea- North Guinea basin, a Neoproterozoic sedimentary basin marked by significant radiometric anomalies. Uranium potential in Falea is thought to be 5000 tonnes. The Kidal Project, in the north eastern part of Mali, with an area of 19,930 km2, the project covers a large crystalline geological province known as L’Adrar Des Iforas. Uranium potential in the Samit deposit, Gao region alone is thought to be 200 tonnes.

Diamonds: Mali has potential to develop its diamond exploration: in the Kayes administrative region (Mining region 1), thirty (30) kimberlitic pipes have been discovered of which eight are show traces of diamonds. Some eight small diamonds have been picked in the Sikasso administrative region (southern Mali).

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-war-on-mali-what-you-should-know/5319093

Gao is northern mali, Kidal too, Falae too.
[img][/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peru's President, Castillo Impeached & Arrested For Rebellion, VP Sworn-in / Ukraine Completes Questionnaire For EU Membership / Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.