Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia (14220 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
I'm highly saddened by this game and it's too bad we have to let slip a lead again.

Well, here we go:

Enyeama: Good performance; no error; saved a couple of efforts, especially the poorly hit one-on-one by Mbesuma. He can't be blamed for the penalty goal. 6

Oboabona: Solid defending. He did well in the defence, stopping a number of runs by the Copper Bullets' attackers. 6

Omeruo: Good game too. Combined well with his partner in central defence, except a couple of times they lost concentration. 6

Onazi: He was behind the penalty call, but it was a bad call by the referee and hardly his fault. He was played out of position but did averagely well. 5

Echiejile: A little better performance than last game, although he still doesn't assist the attack as TT would have done. 5.5

Ogude: His tackling were raw again, but did a good job trying to cover the backline, which is what mattered more. 5.5

Mikel: His penalty loss was a disaster, but he still had an average game, distributing the passes, although half of the passes didnt reach the destination. His assist got Nigeria the only goal. He also lost possession too easily and guided the ball too much. 5.5

Igiebor: Not as active as Mikel in the midfield. Still not the Igiebor we saw in matches prior to this tournament. Needs to up his game and his sub-optimal performance is exposing our midfield too often: 5

Moses: Average game, did some dazzling runs but not as productive as we would have expected. His presence made a little difference though. Not not playing to expectation. 5.5

Musa: I can't remember a single final ball he got right. Losing balls, poor final balls, poor crosses. Ineffective. 3

Emenike: Highest goal scorer in the tournament. Our best performer, no doubt. He didn't waste teh chances. Keeps reminding me of Yekini. He is a typical centre forward. 7

SUBS:
All the three subs, Ideye, Omeruo and IK Uche hardly settled into the game. So they are unrated.

MAN OF THE MATCH FOR NIGERIA: Emenike
FLOP OF THE MATCH FOR NIGERIA: Musa

Overall, it is a very bad game for Nigeria. It is unthinkable that what happened in first match could happen again: letting opponent come back from behind. Musa is my culprit. If he had been a little more effective upfront, and Moses also in his A-game, the difference could have been made. Absence of a proven penalty taker like Taiye Taiwo in the team is also a thumb down to the coaching crew. Although it comes with risk (counterattack in the event of miss, Enyeama is another proven penalty taker that could have sealed that penalty for Nigeria). Too bad. Too bad. Winning this game - against Zambia, the defending champion - would have been a big morale booster for us.

7 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Afam4eva(m): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
We lack a creative midfielder in that team. I wonder when we'll stop playing this "try your luck" kinda football. Our team lacks a game plan.

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by hollandis(f): 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
emenike in my opinion is 5
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Afam4eva(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
hollandis: emenike in my opinion is 5
I don't see any player that did better than him in that game.
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by hollandis(f): 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't see any player that did better than him in that game.
What is the use of having a striker who converts 1 out of 10 chances .If he is the best player in that match according to you then i weep for Nigeria football

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by go4value(m): 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
comment my reserve
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Afam4eva(m): 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
hollandis:
What is the use of having a striker who converts 1 out of 10 chances .If he is the best player in that match according to you then i weep for Nigeria football
Which 10 chances? In this same match that i watched?

6 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
hollandis:

He didn't get up to 3 clear chances, yet he buried one. That's good strike rate. He wasn't fed enough.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by coogar: 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2013

Mikel: His penalty loss was a disaster, but he still had an average game, distributing the passes, although half of the passes didnt reach the destination. His assist got Nigeria the only goal. He also lost possession too easily and guided the ball too much. 5.5

mikel deserves a 7 - should have been 8 if he didn't miss the penalty.
just like the first game, he did very well with the passes whilst his partner in the midfield looked lost. mikel pressed the opponent to pick his opponent's pocket and he pinged a world class pass to emenike for the opening goal. i cannot fault his effort!

musa was the worst player on the pitch.....
his ball control is nothing to write home about - he lacks awareness and his vision is poor. musa has the first touch of a räpist. keshi should have taken him out around the 60th min mark!

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by sambos994(m): 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ref- 10/10

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by rozayx5(m): 7:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
Which 10 chances? In this same match that i watched?

grin grin grin grin grin
he was was watching in HD
supersport grin

4 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by outrage: 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mikel-2
Musa-1
The rest-4.5

1 Like

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by toluxa1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
Jarus:

MAN OF THE MATCH FOR NIGERIA: Emenike
FLOP OF TEH MATCH FOR NIGERIA: Musa

U know what to do wink
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by tonym1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
UNTIL THE TRUTH IS STATED, THE NIGERIA TEAM AND COACHES ARE ALL CRAP

SOME OF THEM WENT THERE TO SHOW OFF, I WILL BE SHOCKED TO HEAR IF ANY PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGERS WENT TO WATCH THEM.

AND THAT MUSA IS THE WORST PLAYER IN THE TOURNAMENT SO FAR, LACKS ANY CREATIVITY.

THE PLAYERS NOT CHOSEN ARE NOT MISSING ANYTHING AT ALL, A WASTE OF TIME WATCHING THEM

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by toluxa1(m): 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
hollandis:

You are spilling thrash angry

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by zuma4k(m): 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
didn't watch d match
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by ChyV(f): 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2013

no bros, d guy Emenike tried his best, don't u c wen Uche wants to replace him they said no not minding dat d zambians was attacking him badly.
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
hollandis:

How many chances did he get?
Im not sure you what the match or know what football is all about.
Emenike did very well,very strong and unyielding against the towering and bullish Sunzu.
Im surprised you didnt see that,he had few chances to shoot at target and did very well.
Even his goal was a difficult one and still had the calmness and guile to beat his marker before scoring.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by brilapluz(m): 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
no recognised attacking midfielder in d team..still back 2 our proverbial drawing board..
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by toluxa1(m): 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
I'll give mikel at least a 6. The boy has good vision. Just not doing a good playmaker job. He is too into that "holding" thing.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by toluxa1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
coogar:

mikel deserves a 7 - should have been 8 if he didn't miss the penalty.
just like the first game, he did very well with the passes whilst his partner in the midfield looked lost. mikel pressed the opponent to pick his opponent's pocket and he pinged a world class pass to emenike for the opening goal. i cannot fault his effort!

I agree he did well with the ball but nothing world class about the pass. He just did the right thing, that's all.

#Exaggeration

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
toluxa1:

U know what to do wink

Done. Thanks
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by andyanders: 7:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
outrage: Mikel-2
Musa-1
The rest-4.5

The truth. Mikel should have been 1 considering the fact that he lost such a penalty.
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by vanstanzy(m): 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
I am disappointed in the Super 'chickens'.
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by Stalemate(m): 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
How on earth could 9ja team have allowed dat goal eluded player to play dat P.K dat came begging. When last was the day mikel found the net? It is obvious and conspicuous that mikel is nothing to write home about when it comes to converting chance{s} to goal.. Gosh...!!
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by toluxa1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2013

Now I am sure you didn't watch the game. I have never seen a Nigerian striker that plays difficult balls with such calmness. His strength and agility is something else. Did you see that time he was brought down in the box? Didn't you watch the replays to see how hard he still tried to get his foot to that ball in the direction of the post, though he was facing the opposite direct? Guy (or babe), go sleep angry

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by toluxa1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
Stalemate: How on earth could 9ja team have allowed dat goal eluded player to play dat P.K dat came begging. When last was the day mikel found the net? It is obvious and conspicuous that mikel is nothing to write home about when it comes to converting chance{s} to goal.. Gosh...!!

Well, I have never seen his lose a penalty before.
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by outrage: 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
How can you be building a team at a competition?? E dey pain me when ever he uses that card! How now?? Then why are you there?
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by gemini35(m): 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
plz alfa haqu can u solve nigerian football problem,whats the cause of their blunder plz
Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by eedreez505: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
AHMED MUSA NEEDS TO CUT OFF HIS TAINTED HAIRS ASAP. HIS PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN BELOW PAR.

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia by coogar: 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
toluxa1:
I agree he did well with the ball but nothing world class about the pass. He just did the right thing, that's all.

#Exaggeration

i doubt you have ever played football at the top level.
what you think is simple is not that simple - the required weight must be applied. if it's less, emenike won't get the ball and if the weight is more, then the ball would run out of play.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr / Six Nigerian Wrestlers Set For 2017 World Championships In Paris / Man Utd's Captaincy: Maguire Debunks 'in-fighting' Rumours With Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.