Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim (3745 Views)

FG Hands Over NITEL To NATCOM Consortium / FG Hands Over TCN To MANITOBA / NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by nameo: 4:50am On Jan 26, 2013
Secretary to the Government of the Federation Anyim Pius Anyim said yesterday that the federal government would in two weeks conclude the privatization and handing over the nation’s power sector to private firms for management.
Anyim, who was speaking to newsmen in Lagos on the proposed Nigeria’s centenary celebration said the federal government is on the final stage of the agreement with the new owners and that they at the concluding stage and would formally hand over the generation and distribution companies to the new investors.
“The hand-over will be done in two weeks and we expect to see stable power supply soon,” he said.
The Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE) said last year that it received of $335.85 million from 16 preferred bidders for both distribution and generation companies
The preferred bidders for the Discos submitted bank guarantees worth about $188.48 million, while the preferred bidders for the Gencos submitted bank guarantees of about $147.38 million.
The breakdown of the guarantees is as follows:
Discos include; Abuja Disco: Kann Consortium Utility Company Ltd - $24,600,000.00; Benin Disco: Vigeo Power Consortium - $19,350,000.00; Eko Disco: West Power and Gas - $20,250,000.00; Enugu Disco: Interstate Electrics Ltd - $18,900,000.00; Ibadan Disco: Integrated Energy Distribution and Marketing Ltd - $25,350,000.00; Ikeja Disco: NEDC/KEPCO Consortium - $19,650,000.00; Jos Disco: Aura Energy Ltd - $12,300,000.00; Kano Disco: Sahelian Power Ltd -$20,550,000.00; Port Harcourt Disco: 4Power Consortium - $18,636,306.00; and Yola Disco: Integrated Energy Distribution and Marketing Ltd - $8,890,000.00.
GENCOs are Shiroro Hydro Power Plc: North-South Power Ltd - $16,748,180.00; Kainji Hydro Power Plc: Mainstream Energy Solutions - $35,680,500; Sapele Power Plc: CMEC/EURAFRIC Energy Ltd - $30,150,000.00; Geregu Power Plc: Amperion Power Distribution Limited - $19,800,000.15; Ughelli Power Plc: Transcorp/Woodrock/Sumbion/Medea/PSL/ Thomassen -$45,000,000.00

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/business/49272-fg-hands-over-power-to-private-firms-in-2-weeks-anyim

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by nameo: 5:12am On Jan 26, 2013
This will be so sweat if this is true. Private hands need to take over the sector asap
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 26, 2013
I wish they could hand them over today. I have seen govts come and go but the govt of GEJ, in my opinion, is God sent. I am SO EXCITED about privatization of PHCN.

2 Likes

Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by koruji(m): 6:46am On Jan 26, 2013
We'll crush Boko Haram.
We'll build refineries.
We'll do this, we 'll do that.
Always we'll...

Alright then...

We'll also believe it when we see it!

Sincere 9gerian: I wish they could hand them over today. I have seen govts come and go but the govt of GEJ, in my opinion, is God sent. I am SO EXCITED about privatization of PHCN.
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by taharqa: 11:32am On Jan 26, 2013
Plz @MODS why is this not in d FP?? I pray it is true o; they should hv handed ova these power cops like yterday already.... Really EXCITING news

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by obicentlis: 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
I see GEJ delivery on Power! Well, its not easy to lead.
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
Till the day i see 18hours uninterrupted electricity in my house,i refuse to believe anything.
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by tomakint: 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
berem: Till the day i see 18hours uninterrupted electricity in my house,i refuse to believe anything.
Trust me babygurl, stable power supply will soon be a thing of the past in this country in this year(mark my words)! You can see the figures and the consortium of companies given the jobs clearly stated! Tell me how many of our past governments are this transparent in the Power Sector!
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by subterfuge: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2013
Story tellers again!!!!
Tell Anyim pius to give us our PREPAID meters please!!!
Criminals they are and they have all sorts of storeys to deceive us that they really mean well for poor nigerians when in actual fact, PHCN has refused to distribute the prepaid meters to nigerians. Because PHCN is remitting huge cash to the presidency
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
tomakint:
Trust me babygurl, stable power supply will soon be a thing of the past in this country in this year(mark my words)! You can see the figures and the consortium of companies given the jobs clearly stated! Tell me how many of our past governments are this transparent in the Power Sector!
wetin consign me? they can give the consortium whatever. all i want is just 18hours uninterrupted light.
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by KokoBeware: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
subterfuge: Story tellers again!!!!
Tell Anyim pius to give us our PREPAID meters please!!!
Criminals they are and they have all sorts of storeys to deceive us that they really mean well for poor nigerians when in actual fact, PHCN has refused to distribute the prepaid meters to nigerians. Because PHCN is remitting huge cash to the presidency

Dude what are u on about?? Did you read the post.. We are talking about the death of phcn and ur asking for prepaid meter from them
Just wait small Anyim would send a prepaid meter to your house
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by Tolexander: 12:01am On Jan 27, 2013
to me, the privitization seems to be rubbish. Cos there is no difference between the would be PHCN and the new handlers cos it is just a another way to sell the Nigerian masses to the rich men(highest bidders and political allies to the goverment) .
What is the essence of privatization with no competition? An area given to the extortor to monopolize its power and start to squeeze the area's scrotum as he likes.
We want the telecommunication type of privatization.

1 Like

Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by taharqa: 2:55am On Jan 27, 2013
Tolexander: to me, the privitization seems to be rubbish. Cos there is no difference between the would be PHCN and the new handlers cos it is just a another way to sell the Nigerian masses to the rich men(highest bidders and political allies to the goverment) .
What is the essence of privatization with no competition? An area given to the extortor to monopolize its power and start to squeeze the area's scrotum as he likes.
We want the telecommunication type of privatization.
Plz, always learn to keep yr mouth SHUT if you do not know what you are talking about. Its actuali a Virtue..
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by Tolexander: 8:17am On Jan 27, 2013
taharqa: Plz, always learn to keep yr mouth SHUT if you do not know what you are talking about. Its actuali a Virtue..
try to learn how to respond with sense.
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by DisGuy: 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
it's February now.....
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by DisGuy: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
two weeks.... ?
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by Hagimoh: 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
we really hope 2 see a whole lot of changes!
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by Samland: 8:51am On Oct 13, 2013
It could be better. How could phcn bring #7k plus for a month wen dias no light 4 3weeks out of 4weeks wen d initial bill used to b #2k, #2k plus and at worse #3k. Phcn need deliverance ooo..
Re: FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim by Tintinix: 9:31am On Oct 13, 2013
berem: Till the day i see 18hours uninterrupted electricity in my house,i refuse to believe anything.

So thats why i believe!!!!!
We have returned to normalcy of over 18hours of constant power a day!!!

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola's New Campaign Rice - Iresi Aregbe - Floods Osun (photo) / Fashola Ask President Goodluck Important Questions / Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.