Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company (5383 Views)

Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" / Help To Renew My Expired Website / Need A Good Webhosting Site To Host My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by gabriel74: 8:24am On Jan 26, 2013
hello

please how do i host my expired domain with another hosting company. My website expired and i dont want to use the existing company anymore.

Thank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2013
Do a back order and transfer it to your new host.
You can do that on ListMasta and I can help you with payments if you don't have a Visa or Mastercard.
My number is in my signature.

2 Likes

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by gabriel74: 9:42am On Jan 27, 2013
Brand_new: Do a back order and transfer it to your new host.
You can do that on ListMasta and I can help you with payments if you don't have a Visa or Mastercard.
My number is in my signature.

I visited their site, i will still face the same challenge, see their requirement

Observe these rules for domain transfer eligibility:

Domain transfer is possible ONLY if you own this domain;
Domain should be already registered and not expired;
Domain should be over or 60 days old, but not less;
Domain should be unlocked (OK) from the current registrar;
EPP key, issued by the current registrar needed to transfer;

Start Transfer

1 Like

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2013
gabriel74:

I visited their site, i will still face the same challenge, see their requirement

Observe these rules for domain transfer eligibility:

Domain transfer is possible ONLY if you own this domain;
Domain should be already registered and not expired;
Domain should be over or 60 days old, but not less;
Domain should be unlocked (OK) from the current registrar;
EPP key, issued by the current registrar needed to transfer;

Start Transfer
First do a back order on your present host.
Then transfer it as soon as the purchase has been made.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by mrperfect(m): 10:02am On Jan 28, 2013
Unlock the domain from current registrar and get the authentication code and transfer it to the new one.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by mrsmithkay(m): 11:59am On Jan 28, 2013
just point your dns to thd expired website dns thats all
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by rufaai(m): 12:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
gabriel74: hello

please how do i host my expired domain with another hosting company. My website expired and i dont want to use the existing company anymore.

Thank

If you own the domain and have access to the EPP Code you may be able to transfer it. You can contact the host you want to move to, they should be able to help. Unless you want to back-order like most suggest. But back-ordering is not always ideal, you may still lose it to squatters. Don't fall a victim! cry

The best is to transfer it, if it has expired; renew it and transfer afterwards.

1 Like

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by gabriel74: 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
Thanks for all the response, but this so called blackhostafrica has not been replying my emails, i asked them for the EPP code, no response, i called the number switched off. anyway, thanks all i have decided to let it go.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by rufaai(m): 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
gabriel74: Thanks for all the response, but this so called blackhostafrica has not been replying my emails, i asked them for the EPP code, no response, i called the number switched off. anyway, thanks all i have decided to let it go.

I can see they're running WHMCS, you can obtain your domain EPP Code by following these steps:

1) Go to http://www.blackhostafrica.com/billing/clientarea.php
2) Login to your account.
2) Go to My Domains and click Manage Domain
3) Check Registrar Lock and click Disable.
4) Check Management Tools and Click "Get EPP Code".

Okay, now you're ready to transfer your domain. If anything else, you may want to check Domain Contact still under Management Tools to be sure you're the Admin contact of the domain. Move fast to any hosting provider of choice.

Cheers. cool grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by realmike4u: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pls does anybody know about ihostafrica.com. They have taken my cash and refused to renew my domain until it expired. They ar not picking my calls or responding to my mails. The domain is right now parked.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
realmike4u: Pls does anybody know about ihostafrica.com. They have taken my cash and refused to renew my domain until it expired. They ar not picking my calls or responding to my mails. The domain is right now parked.
This is something that will never happen on www.ListMasta.com
With 24/7 ticketing support system. All tickets you open is guaranteed to get a response.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by wealthcash123: 4:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
Dear [[NAIRALANDITES]]

I'm contacting you to announce that our company is awarding you
with a FREE website.

This is not any website, this is a website proven to generate up
to 400% more sales to our customers.

Today you're elegible to get it for FREE! you may be wondering
where is catch?

We're very confident that you're going to see a huge improvement
in your sales, and we trust that you're going to be happy and
consider our company for your future marketing needs.

We can set up your website right now for you, Simply follow this
link and we'll get in touch in immediately!

WWW.WEALTHWEBX.

Thank you very much for your time and we're looking forward to do
business with you in the near future.

Warms Regards,
[ABBA TAHIR]
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by rufaai(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
realmike4u: Pls does anybody know about ihostafrica.com. They have taken my cash and refused to renew my domain until it expired. They ar not picking my calls or responding to my mails. The domain is right now parked.

What is the domain and are you sure you're not facing redemption? undecided
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by DualCore1: 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2013
To the best of my knowledge, you cannot transfer an expired domain to a different registrar.

Renew the your hosting and domain name with the present host and do a transfer when your domain is back online.

2 Likes

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
Dual Core: To the best of my knowledge, you cannot transfer an expired domain to a different registrar.

Renew the your hosting and domain name with the present host and do a transfer when your domain is back online.
Same thing I suggested. Not even sure and expired domain name can be renewed. I'm sure you know better.Only thought the best he could do is a back order.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by gabriel74: 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
rufaai:

I can see they're running WHMCS, you can obtain your domain EPP Code by following these steps:

1) Go to http://www.blackhostafrica.com/billing/clientarea.php
2) Login to your account.
2) Go to My Domains and click Manage Domain
3) Check Registrar Lock and click Disable.
4) Check Management Tools and Click "Get EPP Code".

Okay, now you're ready to transfer your domain. If anything else, you may want to check Domain Contact still under Management Tools to be sure you're the Admin contact of the domain. Move fast to any hosting provider of choice.

Cheers. cool grin

thank you very much, but some one posted that i cannot transfer expired domain, Is it true?
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
gabriel74:

thank you very much, but some one posted that i cannot transfer expired domain, Is it true?
Yes and you got that from a pro with years of experience. You have to renew it first before transfering it.

1 Like

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by rufaai(m): 3:07am On Jan 31, 2013
gabriel74:

It depends (technical)... my advice is stop talking, grab your EPP Code and move fast! undecided
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by realmike4u: 7:17am On Jan 31, 2013
Pls what is, back order and how is it done?
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by rufaai(m): 9:46am On Feb 01, 2013
realmike4u: Pls what is, back order and how is it done?

Backorder is a sales term, it refers to an order being accepted for items even when the item is currently not available FOR when it becomes available. In domain registration, it means you pay for a domain pending the day it becomes available, it will then be registered for you.

You don't have to worry checking and checking if it becomes available. grin
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by chamstick(m): 9:01am On Sep 19, 2014
I run an SMSportal site and my domain has expired pls I need help, what do I do next?
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by isyrecord(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
cry please am having problem with my master card i cant make international transaction, my goddady domain expired and i can renew it can i transfer it please my customers are worrying. please help. embarassed[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by dogstyle007(m): 12:05am On Feb 09, 2017
Do u av a PayPal account? If no then create 1 and link your master card to it
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by isyrecord(m): 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
boss have tried it several times it not work cry they said may be if i can open another account ie visa
prepid
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Toniwirelex: 7:09am On Feb 15, 2017
my signature
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by MakeADifference: 7:17am On Feb 15, 2017
To everyone who is in this dilemma

1. The rules are different per registrar
2. Go to Internic site to have the MOST correct status of your domain name
3. If your domain is expired, there is a grace period of about 35 days in which you can still transfer. BUT some registrars are strong headed.
4. If it is expired, within grace period, not locked, not having active WHOIS privacy and it is a standard host, you can transfer it elsewhere.
5. Backorders are not the right or best way to go about it.
6. If you can't get to your hosts or registrar, see if you can find out their parent registrar from the whois details of the domain. Call them. They can have the thing sorted for you.
7. There is a body governing domain ownership for each TLD. As long as your name/email is associated with that domain name, your host/registrar isn't the king. Contact TLD managers and report the issue.

I transfer expired domains regularly. Still going to do some at gd, name, and namesilo. But better to do it when it hasn't expired for your own peace.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by MifiHost: 7:23am On Feb 15, 2017
Moving your expired domain name to MifiHost is easy.

1. Unlock the domain from current registrar
2.Get the authentication code.

We will be willing to transfer your domain name to us without any issues.

We'll be willing to offer your a web hosting account for free upon completion of your transfer of an existing domain or registration of a domain name.

http://www.mifihost.com/transfer-domain-name.html
MifiHost
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by MakeADifference: 7:24am On Feb 15, 2017
I can direct you to where you can transfer at $5. That said make sure all domains are unlocked, no privacy. Then request AUTH CODES from the godaddy domain control panel. Go to the new registrar - alp, namesilo etc start your transfer. Put authcode, pay them, and in a matter of 5 days, your troubles are over.

Look for a brother with gtbank card. Put the money in their account, bring them to your room, let them enter their card details by themselves.
Make sure you delete the details from your account once done.

Not best asking you to do that, but I pity your clients who are likely going to lose their sites if you don't act fast.

isyrecord:
cry please am having problem with my master card i cant make international transaction, my goddady domain expired and i can renew it can i transfer it please my customers are worrying. please help. embarassed[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 15, 2017
Right now if you want to do domain on godaddy, change the currency to pounds. By the time you finish the transaction, you will see that the billing will come to N2,900 or thereabouts. But if you leave it in dollars - well, 5,000 - 6,000 it is.
I hope this tip will save someone's life. . . .
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by karkinase(m): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2017
dhtml18:
Right now if you want to do domain on godaddy, change the currency to pounds. By the time you finish the transaction, you will see that the billing will come to N2,900 or thereabouts. But if you leave it in dollars - well, 5,000 - 6,000 it is.
I hope this tip will save someone's life. . . .
So the Black market rate is being used for online transaction....that's weird thou... Thanks for the tip buddy ...w

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Youtube Hourly Data Plan, How To Subscribe / Shared!!! 9jaflaver Wordpress Theme / Placing Google Search on my web page.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.