Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company (5381 Views)

Help! Another Company Is Using My Company Name As "Keyword" / Help To Renew My Expired Website / Need A Good Webhosting Site To Host My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 8:56am On Feb 15, 2017
MakeADifference:
To everyone who is in this dilemma

1. The rules are different per registrar
2. Go to Internic site to have the MOST correct status of your domain name
3. If your domain is expired, there is a grace period of about 35 days in which you can still transfer. BUT some registrars are strong headed.
4. If it is expired, within grace period, not locked, not having active WHOIS privacy and it is a standard host, you can transfer it elsewhere.
5. Backorders are not the right or best way to go about it.
6. If you can't get to your hosts or registrar, see if you can find out their parent registrar from the whois details of the domain. Call them. They can have the thing sorted for you.
7. There is a body governing domain ownership for each TLD. As long as your name/email is associated with that domain name, your host/registrar isn't the king. Contact TLD managers and report the issue.

I transfer expired domains regularly. Still going to do some at gd, name, and namesilo. But better to do it when it hasn't expired for your own peace.
I lost my domain to squaters last year and have been observing it since then.

The domain expired on the 16th of this month and is currently on auction(no bid yet)

I don't want to bid yet because I read somewhere that the registrar sometimes assign their agents to bid with you.

Back order is a no no because I don't want to give them the slightest hint that I am still interested in the domain

What do you advise?
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by kateskitty(f): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2017
gabriel74:
hello

please how do i host my expired domain with another hosting company. My website expired and i dont want to use the existing company anymore.

Thank
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by MakeADifference: 9:40am On Feb 15, 2017
It is a tough one you put up here. This is my thinking

1. Domain is expired - good

2. It is in auction, I don't have the details of the auction site, or type. Can't say much therefore but since ...

3. No bids - good too.
Keep watching. If the auction has a buy now then maybe you can go for it. Watch the auction closely till the very end. Be careful though, people can see traffic to the auction page and take it as proof of people's interest in the name.

4. If it finally gets on the deletion, you need to know the real day it will be deleting.

You may consider backorder if the name is very dear to you. But don't backorder with a registrar that will grab name and put in auction again if more than one person has backordered it - but it is unlikely except you've got a hot name.

But I will just wish you are lucky and the auction doesn't get bidders, that the name drops and you are able to register it again the night it drops.

Kondomatic:
I lost my domain to squaters last year and have been observing it since then.

The domain expired on the 16th of this month and is currently on auction(no bid yet)

I don't want to bid yet because I read somewhere that the registrar sometimes assign their agents to bid with you.

Back order is a no no because I don't want to give them the slightest hint that I am still interested in the domain

What do you advise?
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2017
MakeADifference:

2. It is in auction, I don't have the details of the auction site, or type. Can't say much therefore but since ...

3. No bids - good too.
Keep watching. If the auction has a buy now then maybe you can go for it. Watch the auction closely till the very end. Be careful though, people can see traffic to the auction page and take it as proof of people's interest in the name.

4. If it finally gets on the deletion, you need to know the real day it will be deleting.

You may consider backorder if the name is very dear to you. But don't backorder with a registrar that will grab name and put in auction again if more than one person has backordered it - but it is unlikely except you've got a hot name.

But I will just wish you are lucky and the auction doesn't get bidders, that the name drops and you are able to register it again the night it drops.

My plan is to bid at the last minute but I am not sure if that's safe.

The name is very dear to me, watching it parked for a whole year was a continuous torture, funny enough, it was the registrar that parked.

The reason I don't want them to know that I am still interested.

@4. How do I get that information?

I learnt that even after I win the bid, I will still have to wait for about two weeks to know if the current owner will still renew. I can only buy it back when the two weeks elapses and the current owner didn't renew.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by MakeADifference: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2017
Sorry about it all.

The registrar will automatically park it since the domain was registered with them and it has expired, Since new buyer didn't host anything on it all the while it'll be parked.

If the existing user can still buy even if you win the auction, be careful. Crazy people do allow a domain to get to this point so they can know how much it is worth. One hopes the current owner won't renew once you or somebody bids for it.

To know when a domain is deleting, check the pending delete lists. There are many sites that have these lists. If its .com, 80 days from that 16th i.e the expiry date, the name should be deleted if no one buys it at auction.

So from 77th day you can start checking the pending delete lists.

Kondomatic:
My plan is to bid at the last minute but I am not sure if that's safe.

The name is very dear to me, watching it parked for a whole year was a continuous torture, funny enough, it was the registrar that parked.

The reason I don't want them to know that I am still interested.

@4. How do I get that information?

I learnt that even after I win the bid, I will still have to wait for about two weeks to know if the current owner will still renew. I can only buy it back when the two weeks elapses and the current owner didn't renew.
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by LekkiHost: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
Get domain for free when u host with lekkihost you can also transfer your domain for free..

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by 0luwatope(m): 10:20am On Feb 16, 2017
dhtml18:
Right now if you want to do domain on godaddy, change the currency to pounds. By the time you finish the transaction, you will see that the billing will come to N2,900 or thereabouts. But if you leave it in dollars - well, 5,000 - 6,000 it is.
I hope this tip will save someone's life. . . .
Bro, i just need somefin 4rm u, can you add me on fb, i gat a lot to ask you. my id is /codedtopefun or search for OT Rebirth on fb. i also have tips on who the owner of gdevit is, i know the true owner of boomshakala is, sir you have to add me. PS, I am not a scammer oh, i'm just a young programmer who needs a mentor
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
MakeADifference:

3. No bids - good too.

I have it in my cart right now but the problem is checking out.

Naira cards are now useless online.

Do you know any reliable person that can help make the payment and I pay in Naira?
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Chibenze(m): 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
Kondomatic:

Do you know any reliable person that can help make the payment and I pay in Naira?
which card? have u tried gtbank or access bnk card?
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
Chibenze:

which card? have u tried gtbank or access bnk card?
GTB is not working and I don't have account with access
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Chibenze(m): 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
Kondomatic:
GTB is not working and I don't have account with access
gtbank not working.
i can assist u via my paypal. ie if it is not urgent expecting some fund this week or early next week
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
Chibenze:

gtbank not working.
i can assist u via my paypal. ie if it is not urgent expecting some fund this week or early next week
Thanks bro but it's urgent
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Chibenze(m): 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kondomatic:
Thanks bro but it's urgent
fund just arrive. how much is the total amount you need to pay? also is it at godaddy?
drop ur contact prefer whatsapp contact
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by MakeADifference: 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
I just logged in now and saw your msg. If it isn't too late, try gtb card - make sure it is a card with owners name on it. Which domain registrar is this in?

Kondomatic:

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
MakeADifference:
I just logged in now and saw your msg. If it isn't too late, try gtb card - make sure it is a card with owners name on it. Which domain registrar is this in?

Godaddy.

I contacted this guy Bedford101 and he registered it for me using payoner.

It's now in my won list, awaiting transfer on 2017/02/28
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 8:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
Chibenze:

fund just arrive. how much is the total amount you need to pay? also is it at godaddy?
Registerred already bro but your offer was well received and I really appreciate.

I will need a host once my script is ready, hopefully we will do business then.

Thanks a lot
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Chibenze(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kondomatic:
Registerred already bro but your offer was well received and I really appreciate.

I will need a host once my script is ready, hopefully we will do business then.

Thanks a lot
oh cool. i am not into registering for people just want to assist. happy you have gotten back the domain you cherish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
Chibenze:

oh cool. i am not into registering for people just want to assist. happy you have gotten back the domain you cherish.
Awwww.

Very kind of you sir.

Thanks once again
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Kondomatic(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
Chibenze:

Hello bro.
please do you still have the PayPal funds?
Re: How To Host My Expired Domain With Another Company by Chibenze(m): 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
Kondomatic:
Hello bro.
please do you still have the PayPal funds?
no fund for now what is remaining is $2.77 once i get some fund i will let u know

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Someone To Design This Website / MTN Youtube Hourly Data Plan, How To Subscribe / Shared!!! 9jaflaver Wordpress Theme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.