Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Man Made N120,000 From Nigeria-burkina Faso Match – Viewing Centre Operator - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Made N120,000 From Nigeria-burkina Faso Match – Viewing Centre Operator (761 Views)

Overconfidence Will Kill Nigeria - Burkina Faso Fans / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Zambia, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia - AFCON 2013 Group C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Made N120,000 From Nigeria-burkina Faso Match – Viewing Centre Operator by dotcomnamename: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

I made N120,000 from Nigeria-Burkina Faso match – Viewing centre operator

Nigerian television stations are not airing the ongoing African Nations Cup due to a stalemate between the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria and the rights owners of the event. In this piece, Udeme Ekwere counts the gains and losses resulting from this impasse

Mr. Linus Eze operates a television viewing centre in Ikeja, Lagos where people gather to watch matches in European leagues.

Eze makes about N10,000 anytime people gather to watch a European league match. It can rise to as much as N30,000 when it is a UEFA Champions League match.

But the crisis over the airing of the ongoing 29th edition of the African Cup of Nations in South Africa has brought some good fortune his way.

He told our correspondent on Wednesday that Monday’s group match between Nigeria and Burkina Faso swelled his purse, as he made over N120,000 from the large crowd that converged on his viewing centre.

He said, “Our market is the European Champions League and other various local leagues in Europe, especially the English Premier League and the Spanish La Liga. The money we are making in the ongoing Nations Cup is coming in as a big bonus we did not expect at all.

“ It is very fantastic. Because the games are two daily and people are interested because of Team Nigeria, we charge N100 per head.

“I have a big place that can take over 100 people but now I have had to rent a canopy to create room for about 40 people outside. I still try to control the situation to maintain order.

Read more here: http://www.talkofnaija.com/index.php/news/noticeboard/i-made-n120-000-from-nigeria-burkina-faso-match-----viewing-centre-operator/82160

Re: Man Made N120,000 From Nigeria-burkina Faso Match – Viewing Centre Operator by semid4lyfe(m): 11:56am On Jan 26, 2013
The maths does not add up.

If his viewing centre sits 100 people and he charges N100 per head, he'll make N10,000 which is way short of the 6-digit figure he claims he made from the Nigeria-Burkina Faso match.
Re: Man Made N120,000 From Nigeria-burkina Faso Match – Viewing Centre Operator by dotcomnamename: 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
semid4lyfe: The maths does not add up.

If his viewing centre sits 100 people and he charges N100 per head, he'll make N10,000 which is way short of the 6-digit figure he claims he made from the Nigeria-Burkina Faso match.

And what gave you the impression that he has only one center? Conclusion without concrete evidence. Do u know him before? Smh bad bele and jealousy. When u have a center i will be ur fan undecided

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Tb Joshua: Nigeria Will Win Afcon 2013 / Nigeria Mixed Martial Fighter Dies While Fighting In Canada / Osaze Odemwingie Linked With Shock Napoli Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.