Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies (78915 Views)

First Aid/treatment Of Ebola Virus Disease / First Aid & Emergencies electric Shock Treatment / Hair Care Treatment - Common Natural Solutions For Common Hair Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by gists: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2015
centje:
Thanks for your contribution. I want to make some correction, Acute severe asthma is a serious emergency, it's not time for health education, such can come when the attack is controlled. Asthma can be intermittent or persistent, the later can be mild, moderate or severe. Each of the types can have an acute exacerbation , and in long term management, each has a different approach. But doesn't involve the patient buying Nebulizer. Patient should be educated on the chronic nature of the illness, triggers, and the need to be religious with medication, The instruction to the patient is that if, while on medication (which could be SABA, LABA, inhaled or oral steroids, etc ) he develops acute severe asthma, the person should present to a hospital for proper treatment.
hello to all the docs in the house.
Nice to see this kind of thread.
I have an issue I hope you can help me with.
My child (6+ yrs) has been visiting the hospital an average of once a month for over a year. What usually take him to the hospital is his relatively heavy breathing (in most cases accompanied by cough - especially in the night). And he always has running/stuffy nose. Funny enough, ALL the doctors say they are reluctant to declaim him asthmatic. That kids of his age sometimes get over the condition and live like any other person. Even a consultant said its allergy (or is it allergen?)

In all cases, the doctors place him on nebulizer (one or two rounds) after listening to his chest and he will be fine for like another 30 days or thereabout before he begins to experience heavy breathing again.

Now this is where I need help: I have been told (and I have read online) that I can buy home nebulizer kit to treat him during such very odd hours like in the middle of the night when the cough and heavy breathing become uncomfortable.
But my fear is the composition and the dosage of the drugs to put in the nebulizer. I have no idea what medicine to buy and what dosage to use for such home emergency treatment. To make matters worse, there seem to be zero information on this online.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 31, 2015
gists

Please, open a new thread and mention me there, then I will answer your questions. This thread isn't for this.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by cj1080(m): 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
Centje nicely done. Do keep up the good work
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
Thanks man!
cj1080:
Centje nicely done. Do keep up the good work
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by doublex: 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
wow,so many helpful tips and information.thanks
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by philipobiz: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
Very usefull information. Will be handy any day

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by excellentwork: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
waoooo

Get your Electric Lunch Box And Toothpaste Dispenser here, visit signature below
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by excellentwork: 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Learning things....

Get your Electric Lunch Box And Toothpaste Dispenser here, Visit Signature below
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by chineduhonour: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2015
Stop wasting your money on bleaching products that will lighten you unevenly. Glutathione whitening products are recommended for whitening by dermatologists because they whiten from inside the skin leading to an even Skin tone from head to toe. No more black legs, knees and knuckles. No more dark spots, No more sunburns,. It fades accident scars too!!! Creams, Soap, pills, injection and powder available.. Call 08159752664. Or add up on whatsapp to place your order. Wholesale prices available for bulk purchase.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by excellentwork: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
chineduhonour:
Stop wasting your money on bleaching products that will lighten you unevenly. Glutathione whitening products are recommended for whitening by dermatologists because they whiten from inside the skin leading to an even Skin tone from head to toe. No more black legs, knees and knuckles. No more dark spots, No more sunburns,. It fades accident scars too!!! Creams, Soap, pills, injection and powder available.. Call 08159752664. Or add up on whatsapp to place your order. Wholesale prices available for bulk purchase.

OKOO

Get Your Electric Lunch Box And Toothpaste Dispenser here, Visit Signature Below
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by wyzandrea: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2015
Method of emergency rescue after drowning:
The most important thing is to immediately carry out artificial respiration and chest compression.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by krimbeauti(f): 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
firstaid for snake bite...

Remember that calling 911 or the appropriate emergency team in your area is paramount.
While u await medical or professional help/on the way to the hospital/health centre the following should be done
- Do not elevate; Keep the bite below the level of the heart
- Protect the person,yourself and others from further bites; While identifying the species is desirable in certain regions, risking further bites or delaying proper medical treatment by attempting to capture or kill the snake is not recommended.It's not that important to identify the snake; medical crews in areas prone to snake bites can often identify the animal just from the wound. Pit vipers have two fangs and the bite often has two small holes. Coral snakes have small mouths full of teeth with rows of small puncture wounds
NOTE;If the snake is dead, bringing it to the hospital is appropriate. Be careful, dead snakes can reflexively bite for up to an hour,so it now adviced that a quick picture of the snake be taken since we now live in a digital world
- Keep the person calm; Acute stress reaction increases blood flow and endangers the person. Panic is infectious and compromises judgment.
- Make sure to keep the bitten limb in a functional position and below the victim's heart level so as to minimize blood returning to the heart and other organs of the body.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by kihemeje96(f): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
centje:
This thread will be updated from time to time. Learn and save a life or at least prevent serious damage.

Please know the hotline of the following:

* paramedic in your area
* A doctor or better a family doctor
* police
* At worst,a taxi drivergrin

You Would Never Imagine This To Be A Dog Until You've Watched The Creature's Amazing, Positive Transformation: Photo/Video..
here; http://www.news-world-update.com/2015/11/you-would-never-imagine-this-to-be-dog.html

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by green9der: 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Are you having Scar, Stretch Mark, Keloid, Acne on any part of your body and you have been trying different products to get rid of it have not gotten results? If you want to get rid of it completely kindly contact us immediately lets get this product across to you any where you are within Nigeria call or whattsapp me 07038663587

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by princefrezy: 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Benefits of engaging in regular sexual activityCHECK HERE
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by excel455(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
I have personally witnessed an obvious change in the weather. U might have also witnessed it as well. That's good for you. But if you have not then please take note of these important advises.

To help guard your health and protect your life.
The weather is getting cold in the morning
Dry(humid) and hot in the afternoon.
These dramatic changes occurring in the weather poses many health risks and dangers upon us.

And we need to take critical look at them so we don't develop any complications.

As a result of these changes.
People are at a high risk for upper respiratory infections as a result of inhalation of dust
Epistaxis ; bleeding through the nose as a result of humid air that cause blood vessels in the nose to break.

Dehydration due to dry air or humidity
Eye infections like conjunctivitis due to dryness and dust.

Sore throat

Dried skins cracked lips and other lesions
High tendency of bleeding

Poor water hygiene may also occur leading to other gastrointestinal effects like vomiting and diarrhoea.

Preventive measures
Wear protective clothes such as jackets trousers socks and stockings wherever appropriate and necessary

Drink more water at 6 to 8 sachets or more

Use appropriate skin cream , the best I can recommend is Shea butter. Apply them on areas that are prone to dryness like the lips, hair, face heals of the foot etc.

Pls don't expose your body

Do as much as possible to avoid dusty areas. Leaders can help us sprinkle some water at dusty areas.

Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing to prevent spread of infectious micro organisms.

Do as much as possible to prevent any form of injury since this can cause a lot bleeding.

Reduce Strenuous activities the lead to high oxygen demand.

Ensure good personal hygiene.

Take in more fruits and vegetables to help boost immunity

Take enough time to rest

Please let us spread this vital information so we can save lives. Remember prevention is better than to cure.

Get shea butter cream today at a throw-away price. Call 08095904040

1 Like

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by excel455(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
gists:

hello to all the docs in the house.
Nice to see this kind of thread.
I have an issue I hope you can help me with.
My child (6+ yrs) has been visiting the hospital an average of once a month for over a year. What usually take him to the hospital is his relatively heavy breathing (in most cases accompanied by cough - especially in the night). And he always has running/stuffy nose. Funny enough, ALL the doctors say they are reluctant to declaim him asthmatic. That kids of his age sometimes get over the condition and live like any other person. Even a consultant said its allergy (or is it allergen?)

In all cases, the doctors place him on nebulizer (one or two rounds) after listening to his chest and he will be fine for like another 30 days or thereabout before he begins to experience heavy breathing again.

Now this is where I need help: I have been told (and I have read online) that I can buy home nebulizer kit to treat him during such very odd hours like in the middle of the night when the cough and heavy breathing become uncomfortable.
But my fear is the composition and the dosage of the drugs to put in the nebulizer. I have no idea what medicine to buy and what dosage to use for such home emergency treatment. To make matters worse, there seem to be zero information on this online.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

why not get black seed oil and give him....it's a naturall way of dealing with asthma permanently....check on google to see further information on how u can use it. And u cud keep ventolin inhaler around for emerrgency cases. its handy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / Italy Has Spread Coronavirus To 11 Countries So Far (info Graphic) / 8 Foods That Increases Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.