Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,337 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:40 PM

116 Students Bag 1st Class Degrees From UNN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 116 Students Bag 1st Class Degrees From UNN (727 Views)

A Nigerian With Three First Class degrees / 116 UNN Students Bag First Class Degrees / 87 Students Bag First Class In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

116 Students Bag 1st Class Degrees From UNN by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2013
Nsukka (Enugu State) - Prof. Bartho Okolo, Vice-Chancellor, University of Nsukka on Friday, announced that 116 students of the 2011/2012 batch of graduates bagged first class degrees.

Okolo made the announcement in Nsukka during the university’s 42nd convocation and award of Bachelors degree and certificates.

He said that out of 18,150 graduates, 116 excelled in First Class, 4,405 made 2nd Class Upper Division; 10,048 made 2nd Class Lower Division and 2,633 went home with 3rd Class.

He said that while 154 managed ordinary pass, the remaining 794 obtained diplomas and certificates.

“I want to congratulate you all for enduring the rigorous training that our university offers and the test of knowledge required to earn the university degree.

“I expect you all to be proud of your accomplishment and not to allow the prevailing socio-economic condition in the country to diminish the value of your achievement.

“I am optimistic that you will all fulfill your destinies,” he said.
The V-C urged them to be good ambassadors of the university wherever they found themselves.

“I am also optimistic that very soon, you will be able and willing to give back your widow’s might to the development of your alma-mater.

“I urge you all to face the future with courage as it holds numerous potential for you all,” he said.

In his remark, the Pro-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Sam Igwe commended the V-C and management team for the positive transformation of the university.

“Without fear of contradiction, we can equivocally say that the last four years have witnessed massive infrastructure transformation and academic excellence.

“The governing council is happy to leave the university better than it met it,’’ he said.

The best graduating student of the year, Miss Rosaline Ijendu of the Department of Electronic Engineering, said that she dedicated her success to God who granted her wisdom and the strength to excel.

“I dedicate this success to God for his special love and care, knowing that without God, this feat could not have been possible,” she said. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/116-students-bag-1st-class-degrees-from-unn/
Re: 116 Students Bag 1st Class Degrees From UNN by Idacrux: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
Congrat to d super lions/lionesses of our uni.

(1) (Reply)

How Does The RSSDA Exam Look Like? / Is Cultism Still A Problem In Nigerian Universities / Please Where Can I Get A Free Project Material For Mathematics..b.sc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.