Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Letter To Upcoming Artistes - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Letter To Upcoming Artistes (683 Views)

MESSAGE/NOTE To Upcoming Artists. Read And Move Ur Career To The Next Level / My Contribution To Upcoming Artist / Upcoming Artistes. . . .discuss Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Upcoming Artistes by osram(m): 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2013
The Music factory,
Nigeria Entertainment Industry.
Dear Artiste,
How are you doing? Although I do not and cannot sing, I sincerely appreciate your God's given talents which I hope pays off soon. Music as we all know has got different meanings to different people. Some say it's a way of life, some find fulfillment just listening to it, but to you its BIG business. It will one day,put food on your table. (Only if your cards are played right).
I have few things to talkto you about and I'll start by asking you to take a few minutes out to think about yourself and your kind of music. Do you really want to dothis?
It disgusts me when you walk up to a music critique or promoter to listen to a song, one u did for 'fun' in the studio. Who does that? As an upcoming artiste, you don't make music forfun. You make music to make a hit and to someday pay your bills! Stop going around asking people to listen to your 'fun song' because you do not believe in your song. If you don't believe a songor you know it doesn't depict you, discard it!
Secondly, it’s intentionalthat I'm calling you an upcoming artiste, that's because for now, that isall you are. You are not full-fledged yet. As harsh as this might sound, you are nothing but an 'upcoming act' so be humble. Treat the music factory like your secondary school, respect the seniors. Yougot that price to pay. I'll suggest you learn abouthumility because Pride goes before every fall my friend.
My dear, it hurts so deep when I listen to good lyrics and voice ona wacky beat, produced in a 2inch studio. It makes me sad that you wasting talent. Please you do not need many tracks to make a hit, putall your resources together, visit a reputable producer in a good studio, go ahead make your good song and let God make it a hit.
Women, money, good life, wines, hard- liquor and all that, I'm really sick and tired of hearingall these in your songs. Look around you, there are several things people want to hear about. I know you just want to fit in, but why not choose to stand out rather than blending in with the crowd.
The fake life syndrome which is eating up into the factory shouldn't getto you. Stop the fake life. It's understandable that you think people expect a lot from you, flashy cars, nice clothesand all that, but you should realize that Romewasn't built in a day. If you don't have it, you don't! Just live your life,let other things fall in place.
Maybe you haven't heard this before, good music doesn't guaranteeyou a hit, but I can assure you that good publicity does. Even badgoods make great sales with good labels. Please do not joke with your publicity and public image. A manager is different from a publicist, but a good onecould combine both. Employ professionals to do your management and publicity job for you.
I'll conclude by warning you about social vices. When it comes to women, drugs, wine and events, know your limits. You don't have to be at all events. Just bewhere you 'need' to be.
About women, I have little to say, but I'll rather share with you familiar examples such as Adam and Samson of the holy bible, Abacha will also bear me witnessto that. Remember, ladies must have flockedaround Eddie remedy and Azadus at some timein their career, I guess if you ask them now, they know better.
Do have a great career my friend.
Thanks.
Yours faithfully,
ajagun
Re: Letter To Upcoming Artistes by nellaluv(f): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
This is nice... i just hope up and coming musicians read this. And to those up and coming musician forming celebrity(?) feeling like a star (o like e star trek? undecided ) God is watching you. This letter is for you.... peace

(1) (Reply)

Contacts Of Top Personality Radio Presenters / Davido - Gobe (Audio + Video) / Pictures : Terry G, Samklef, Slizzy Now A Prophet Of Jah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.