Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,787 members, 7,806,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) (3789 Views)

Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2-in-1 Tablet Laptop. / Top 8 Windows 8 Hybirds (Tablet + laptop) / Hp Tx 2500 Tablet Laptop For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
Hi Techies tongue

Does anyone have any experience with the new Lenovo ultrabook yoga?
I'm in dire need of a new laptop and came across this 13" laptop that flips into a tablet as well. I think its handy for Church as a tablet and school work as well. Are they any cons to purchasing a tablet/laptop in one. Will it easily break?

I also came across this Toshiba satelite laptop on sale for $249 at Bestbuy (Model: C655-S5082), but the sales rep discouraged me because of its low AMD whatever...i donno a lot about computers. Is Lenovo a good product?

Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by kpolli(m): 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yvete: Hi Techies tongue

I'm in dire need of a new laptop and came across this 13" laptop that flips into a tablet as well. I think its handy for Church as a tablet and school work as well. Are they any cons to purchasing a tablet/laptop in one. Will it easily break?

I also came across this Toshiba satelite laptop on sale for $249 at Bestbuy (Model: C655-S5082), but the sales rep discouraged me because of its low AMD whatever...i donno a lot about computers. Is Lenovo a good product?

Break how? Depends on how u handle it
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
kpolli: Break how? Depends on how u handle it

Please on youtube, you'll see how it flips backwards. I'm worried that if I always flip it backwards, the hinges may break.
Would you prefer Lenovo to Samsung? Thanks.
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by kpolli(m): 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yvete:

Please on youtube, you'll see how it flips backwards. I'm worried that if I always flip it backwards, the hinges may break.
Would you prefer Lenovo to Samsung? Thanks.

Samsung (to me) is a bigger brand name so I naturally would say them but Lenovo (IBM) is solely into computers so would go for them instead but Dell also has this kinda product so they would def be my first choice.
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
kpolli: Samsung (to me) is a bigger brand name so I naturally would say them but Lenovo (IBM) is solely into computers so would go for them instead but Dell also has this kinda product so they would def be my first choice.

Dell? Really?? Lemme check online right now.
I use HP Pavilion, but it started overheating real bad. I've changed the fan twice and its still giving problems. Now it shuts off abruptly. Don't want to spend money on this laptop so I'm desperately shopping for a new one. How about Toshiba - Here's the link for the Satelite 15.6 for $249.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Satellite+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Satin+Black/7334096.p?id=1218840473672&skuId=7334096

The sales agent at Bestbuy told me to stay away from AMD and that should get intel i3, i5 or i7.
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by kpolli(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yvete:

I use HP Pavilion, but it started overheating real bad. I've changed the fan twice and its still giving problems. Now it shuts off abruptly. Don't want to spend money on this laptop so I'm desperately shopping for a new one. How about Toshiba - Here's the link for the Satelite 15.6 for $249.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Satellite+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Satin+Black/7334096.p?id=1218840473672&skuId=7334096

The sales agent at Bestbuy told me to stay away from AMD and that should get intel i3, i5 or i7.

Na wa... AMD is better for graphics so what is this sales agent talking about? Well I have used AMDs thru out, just using my first intel chip.... And my former laptops are still alive till date....
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by imperiouxx(m): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yvete:

That isn't nice at all. That's a toy or calculator not computer. If anything can't support this graphic card Nvidia GeForce GT 650M - 2GB Video Memory and above (Nvidia GeForce GTX series), I'd rather stick to my old dv6 with first generation Nvidia and noisy fan.

Here is the few list of what I called COMPUTERS

MSI GE GE60 0ND-042US 15.6-Inch Notebook
Toshiba Satellite A665-S6093 16.0" widescreen Laptop
ASUS N56VZ-ES71 15.6-Inch Laptop
ASUS G55VW-ES71 15.6-Inch Gaming Notebook
Alienware AM14RX2-7223BK 14" Laptop
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2013
kpolli: Na wa... AMD is better for graphics so what is this sales agent talking about? Well I have used AMDs thru out, just using my first intel chip.... And my former laptops are still alive till date....

Na wa oh! She said that AMD's overheat and are not for professional use unlike intel. I think I may get a DELL laptop because they're affordable.

Imperiouxx, please explain. Sorry! Did you recommend the laptops listed above or you're telling me to avoid them? Is it the yoga that's you think is not nice or the Toshiba? Thanks.
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by imperiouxx(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yvete:

Na wa oh! She said that AMD's overheat and are not for professional use unlike intel. I think I may get a DELL laptop because they're affordable.

Imperiouxx, please explain. Sorry! Did you recommend the laptops listed above or you're telling me to avoid them? Is it the yoga that's you think is not nice or the Toshiba? Thanks.

Though, it depends on what it's to be used for. Either YOGA, TOSHIBA etc are good, those are names. My emphasis is on the machine inside computers Nvidia GeForce GT series graphic card. My list is for what I called computer. They came with my required graphic cards. Hope I have answered you?
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by kpolli(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

That isn't nice at all. That's a toy or calculator not computer. If anything can't support this graphic card Nvidia GeForce GT 650M - 2GB Video Memory and above (Nvidia GeForce GTX series), I'd rather stick to my old dv6 with first generation Nvidia and noisy fan.

Here is the few list of what I called COMPUTERS

MSI GE GE60 0ND-042US 15.6-Inch Notebook
Toshiba Satellite A665-S6093 16.0" widescreen Laptop
ASUS N56VZ-ES71 15.6-Inch Laptop
ASUS G55VW-ES71 15.6-Inch Gaming Notebook
Alienware AM14RX2-7223BK 14" Laptop

Is Yvete a gamer?

Yvete:

Personally I see nothing wrong with the best buy laptop and that fan story is kinda true cos as I said, it is used more for graphics with needs more fan usage
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by imperiouxx(m): 7:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
kpolli:

Is Yvete a gamer?

Mind you not only for gamer. If you are working with complex video editing applications and powerful engineering software, you will see the need for Nvidia GeForce GT series at least.
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
Oh my God!
You guys have made it worse oh!! grin grin

I'm not a gamer.
This is all I do (Internet, watch movies, Microsoft Project, Excel, iTunes - I like loud music, Skype - great webcam needed and that's it).
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by imperiouxx(m): 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yvete: Oh my God!

I'm not a gamer.
This is all I do (Internet, watch movies, Microsoft Project, Excel, iTunes - I like loud music, Skype - great webcam needed and that's it)

Then get HP envy with first gen Nvidia. Shikena! I will help you customize a laptop soon.

1 Like

Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by kpolli(m): 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

Mind you not only for gamer. If you are working with complex video editing applications and powerful engineering software, you will see the need for Nvidia GeForce GT series at least.

Yeah I know... AMD would do that awesomely too

I'm not a gamer.
This is all I do (Internet, watch movies, Microsoft Project, Excel, iTunes - I like loud music, Skype - great webcam needed and that's it)

Then buy the best buy laptop then... The sales agent wants u to spend more on a laptop

imperiouxx:

Then get HP envy with first gen Nvidia. Shikena!

Bros no lie, u get shares for NVIDIA
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by imperiouxx(m): 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2013
kpolli:

Bros no lie, u get shares for NVIDIA

Ok, give me some minutes. I will give you an hp link with my customized envy or even dv6 with the latest components. She must buy the one with Nvidia. Her twins brothers will love it (because I know they must love EA Sport - NBA 13). Yea, AMD radeon is good but Nvidia has good revolving technology than radeon. That's why I stick with N
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by idoo4love: 12:14am On Jan 27, 2013

I'm not a gamer.
hello friend..am new here.. Do u skul in d states and what's skulin der like.. I'll be coming der nxt month but on B type visa..
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by idoo4love: 12:44am On Jan 27, 2013
Yvete: Hi Techies tongue

Pls I have my ND transcript with me....am also in 400level here in Nigeria but will be coming to the states next month... What are my chances of furthering my education in usa..thanks and God bless..
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 12:55am On Jan 27, 2013
idoo4love: Pls I have my ND transcript with me....am also in 400level here in Nigeria but will be coming to the states next month... What are my chances of furthering my education in usa..thanks and God bless..

Bro or Sis,
You just derailed my personal thread oh! grin grin

Anyways, seems like you're a lotto winner, right? Will you graduate before coming over or you'd like to come with 'incomplete transcript'?

1 Like

Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by idoo4love: 1:06am On Jan 27, 2013
Yvete:

Bro or Sis,??
You just derailed my personal thread oh! grin grin

Anyways, seems like you're a lotto winner, right? Would you graduate before coming over or you'd like to come with 'incomplete transcript'?
ahwww...am so sorry abt dat... I can wait to finish here...jst wanna get my transcript like that..and d visa will expire in six months if I don't show up in d states..?
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 1:17am On Jan 27, 2013
idoo4love: ahwww...am so sorry abt dat... I can wait to finish here...jst wanna get my transcript like that..and d visa will expire in six months if I don't show up in d states..?

It depends on what you'd like to major in. Will you graduate within 6 months? If not, just request your transcript in NIG and transfer credits when you get here. You must use that visa the God has blessed you with. Don't let it expire in your hands or you'll never forgive yourself. Real talk!

What's your major?
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by idoo4love: 1:27am On Jan 27, 2013
Yvete:

It depends on your major and what you'd like to major in. Would you graduate within 6 months? If not, just request your transcript in NIG and transfer credits when you get here. You must use that visa that God has blessed you with. Don't let it expire in your hands or you'll never forgive yourself. Real talk!

Whats your major?
thanks for d advice.. Am studying computer engineering . As for my ND , I studied mechanical engineering. I will buy my tickect next month by God's grace.. Chicago is my POE .. Hws life there..I heard several stories abt Chicago.. U're in which state. ? And Hw many years can it take me to complete my bsc since am not starting from the scratch .. Thanks
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 1:32am On Jan 27, 2013
idoo4love: thanks for d advice.. Am studying computer engineering . As for my ND , I studied mechanical engineering. I will buy my tickect next month by God's grace.. Chicago is my POE .. Hws life there..I heard several stories abt Chicago.. U're in which state. ? And he many years can it take Mr to complete my bsc since am not starting from the scratch .. Thanks

You won't start all over, but you can start in your 3rd year (not bad) since you're not an Intl Student. Make sure you get at least 6 copies of your transcript/ND before coming over. You'll need it. You should start applying to schools now.

Wish you luck!
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by idoo4love: 1:45am On Jan 27, 2013
Yvete:

I'm in TX. You won't start all over, but you can start in your 3rd year (not bad) since you're not an Intl Student. Make sure you get at least 6 copies of your transcript/ND before coming over. You'll need it. You should start applying to schools now.

Wish you luck!
thanks..bt y is everybody going to TX...is dat d best state..or ? smiley I have just one but I will apply for more... Pls what's d tution fee like overthere and do I need to apply through WES ? And what are my chances of getting a good job wit my ND certificate ?
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by kpolli(m): 2:33am On Jan 27, 2013
idoo4love: thanks..bt y is everybody going to TX...is dat d best state..or ? smiley I have just one but I will apply for more... Pls what's d tution fee like overthere and do I need to apply through WES ? And what are my chances of getting a good job wit my ND certificate ?

If its lotto, I assume u can go to USA, spend sometime (like a month) get ur green card... Come back n finish ur 400 level and go for masters (or get a job)?
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by idoo4love: 2:46am On Jan 27, 2013
kpolli:

If its lotto, I assume u can go to USA, spend sometime (like a month) get ur green card... Come back n finish ur 400 level and go for masters (or get a job)?
okay but my course of study is 5yrs (engineering) and I can't stay outside d US for more than six months.. Pls I need to know some of the cheapest schools in d us and what's d tution fee like ? Thanks
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by kpolli(m): 2:52am On Jan 27, 2013
idoo4love: okay but my course of study is 5yrs (engineering) and I can't stay outside d US for more than six months.. Pls I need to know some of the cheapest schools in d us and what's d tution fee like ? Thanks

Go thru that visa thread, I know of recent someone wrote a list of cheap skools.... You would see it... If pepper rest, I for tell u to shuttle the 2 countries, I have friends who did that while I was doing my undergrad
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by imperiouxx(m): 3:44am On Jan 27, 2013
Yvete and kpolli,

Private consultation outside General US student thread.
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by idoo4love: 8:37am On Jan 27, 2013
kpolli:

Go thru that visa thread, I know of recent someone wrote a list of cheap skools.... You would see it... If pepper rest, I for tell u to shuttle the 2 countries, I have friends who did that while I was doing my undergrad
ah make God provide ni o... Pls can u send me d link . I didn't get it after searching.. Thanks and have a blessed week.
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by Yvete(f): 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2013
kpolli: Go thru that visa thread, I know of recent someone wrote a list of cheap skools.... You would see it... If pepper rest, I for tell u to shuttle the 2 countries, I have friends who did that while I was doing my undergrad

Shuttle the two countries?? shocked shocked shocked idoo4love didn't tell us that she's the daughter of the prez!
If she spends a month in the US, what happens to her classes in Nigeria? That's a long time to be out of school, don't you think?
What kind of friends do you have, by the way.... smiley smiley lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by freecharles(m): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
for the HP Pavillion, whenever you want to use it, always raise it up so that all the fans (including the ones beneath the computer) will function properly or better still you can purchase some kind of pad that you can at the four stands to raise it up and allow proper ventilation.......

1 Like

Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by imperiouxx(m): 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
freecharles: for the HP Pavillion, whenever you want to use it, always raise it up so that all the fans (including the ones beneath the computer) will function properly or better still you can purchase some kind of pad that you can at the four stands to raise it up and allow proper ventilation.......

That's exactly what I did in my case.
Re: Advice needed - Tablet/laptop-in-one ( Lenovo Ultrabook Yoga) by idoo4love: 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Yvete:

Shuttle the two countries?? shocked shocked idoo4love didn't tell us that she's the daughter of the prez! grin
If she spends a month in the US, what happens to her classes in Nigeria? That's a long time to be out of school, don't you think?
What kind of friends do you have, by the way.... smiley smiley lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
thanks for ur concern dear.. Am a man.. grin . I don't av that kind of money o.. Even if I ask my friends to help me wit assignment. How will I do my projects ? I just wanna come to d states and start up there..pls help me with d list of cheap schools .. I am also into PHOTOGRAPHY as its what I do to earn a living.. Pls what's photography like in USA and what are my chances in that field.? And what's ur view about Chicago. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dell Latitude E6410 Intel Core I5 For Sale At Cheap Price / SAT-3 Browsing Problem: We Want An End To This Lamentation / Hotel In Need Of Hotel Management Suite/front Desk Hotel Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.