Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? (2368 Views)

Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents / Is It Proper To Advice Children To Fight Back If They're Being Bullied? / 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Being Bullied At School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by Yooguyz: 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
My cousin keeps complaining about being bullied online presently i dunno what advice to give him, If you've had experiences about them and how you handled it post your comments here
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by achinaboy(m): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
Bullying is very bad thing to experience,but if your cousin is living in a so called developed world,tell him to stay away from the site because so many kids in this part of the world has taking their lives over this kind of situation,but if he is living in Niaja,just advice him to develope a thick skin and also be ready to fight with those Niggers by calling names to their mama and papa and the rest of the family eg,,,yoour mama is so fat that whenever she ,,,,messs,,,there will be an earthquake in china and so on,,,,jah bless
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
How can one even allow themselves to be bullied online esp from unknown individual baffles me.

As far as am concern, it might even be a 12 yr old, crippled, one eyed individual that is behind the screen.

As for those that know their online bullies, they can report the matter to authorities or send some area G's to handle them. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by glitchyyy: 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
The only way to handle bullies is to match them!
Online or offline,bullying is the same...allowing it get to you is a choice!!
...don't cower away when they attempt it..it won't make them stop.
Give it back to them as they give it to you.cool
Simple!!
Them plenty for this NL sef..but them never reach!!
As for those that know their online
bullies, they can report the matter to
authorities or send some area G's to
handle them.
Seriously? shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by Yooguyz: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
The person am talking about here is 22 there's an interactive site he goes to, and d bully in question could be much older. He delights in finding fault with my cousin's posts he says it annoys him
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by Odunnu: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
This bullying story has been cropping up all day. In real life I seem to know what its about, but online? i dont get it. Moreso, in a faceless forum like nairaland, i doubt there is any form of bullying here.

I grew up between two boys and they gave me serious protection, I never experienced it. Now i am an adult, I know what to do when a bully threatens me.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by daylae(m): 12:01am On Jan 27, 2013
At one time or the other we've all gone tru it . . .yeah. But being bullied and not realizing it is another issue.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by Gboliwe: 7:03am On Jan 27, 2013
Haha!
I do not consider you a bully and like you said, you are only defencive and may I add, fiesty. You come out as a very ferrocious woman.

Seun isnt a bully either.

Tpia and Dayokanu are tribalists but not bullies. The bullies I have noticed are two and unfortunately, they are moderators. They use their ban power to intimidate other users. I have never been bullied but I notice their actions.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by Gboliwe: 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
Your thread was locked and he gave you a reason, a very good one IMO.
A lot of users have been scammed and many more are scamming others. If you ask me, Seun is only trying to minimise that and encouraging people with positive ideas to relate on this plat form.
Someone asked you on that thread to include people sharing what they do but you refused. What is the use of having the contacts of a realtor when we have nothing in common. See it from that angle
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by Gboliwe: 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
Action Maama!
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by EfemenaXY: 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
Yooguyz: My cousin keeps complaining about being bullied online presently i dunno what advice to give him, If you've had experiences about them and how you handled it post your comments here

Lesson Number 1: NEVER EVER share your personal details with people online no matter how friendly they might seem. Let whatever happens online remain online. You'll find that the "ammunition" of these so-called cyber bullies is their perception that they've got something over you, which they feel they can use for blackmailing purposes.

Lesson Number 2: Trust no-one. Lots of people come online claiming to be what they aren't. If you really knew what and how they live their lives for real, you'll weep for them.

Lesson Number 3: Be smart. Never use your real name nor link your real email address to your online forum account. A simple search on google / facebook would reveal everything about you to those unscrupulous characters that are best avoided.

Now, armed with these lessons / words of advice, how do you deal with cyber bullies?

Simple.

(a). If the person is an old timer (you can tell from the number of posts they've got), chances are that they would be willing to slug out their gripe with you maturely and aren't afraid to tell you like it really is.

(b). If on the other hand, the person bully opens up a new handle/account to harass you with, chances are he/she is a two-faced coward unable to take you on. In that case, don't even bother dignifying them with a response. Simply report their offensive posts to the moderator so their post(s) get erased / hidden and the poster bully gets banned. Dem go post, dem go ban them, so tey dem go tire.

Now that's my two cents worth of advice. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by Busybody2(f): 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
@ OP

I can't even stand someone being genuinely bullied on-line or off-line, without stepping in to defend the person... And before intervening, i do my homework well so that I would not fall for the wiles of timewasting "two-faced selfproclaimed victims" who cries wolf as illustrated in this post below:-

stillwater:
In NL, this is just a case of fragile egos clashing.
I don't even know how two people cursing themselves and tearing each other apart on NL; and one of the fighters would deem it fit to call the other person a bully?
So with all the braggadocio throughout the squabble, somebody was able to bully you? lmao. Now that is funny! Ehen?

I would think say na people like us wey no dey like fight go dey feel threatened or bullied. Lmao.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by coogar: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
fücking hell......

this bullying saga would never end!
Re: Have You Ever Been Bullied Before? by coogar: 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
Busy_body: @ OP
I can't even stand someone being genuinely bullied on-line or off-line, without stepping in to defend the person... And before intervening, i do my homework well so that I would not fall for the wiles of timewasting "two-faced selfproclaimed victims" who cries wolf as illustrated in this post below:-

hehehehehe
2-faced self-proclaimed victims indeed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

A husband divorced his wife after looking closer at this picture / Dating & Relationships / Its About To Rain But The Owners Are Not Around, What Do I Do As A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.