Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Need Help On How To Quit A Tenant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Need Help On How To Quit A Tenant (831 Views)

Share Your Experience As A Tenant That Made You Decide To Become A Landlord / Should I Give My Unfaithful Tenant An Eviction Notice? / Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On How To Quit A Tenant by beejah(m): 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
Pls I need help on one stupid tenant in my mother house.
The tenant in question is owning more than 2yrs rent and has been given quit notice and even summoned to court but he always failed to show up in court (more than thrice) which is a delay tactics he's using. Please what other means can one use in vacating him from the property (a room & parlour)?
Re: Need Help On How To Quit A Tenant by boye25(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
Pay a few cash to the police and have the guy thrown out. angry angry angry. If he sues, don't show up in court either!!! This that simple.

Had a similar issue a few years back.
The mistake most landlords make is collecting a year or 2 rent in advance. Personally I advice quarterly remittance of rent, that wa eviction is faster, and make the rent agreement ironclad to avoid future occurance. A few Naira to a good lawyer will help you avoid this in future.
Re: Need Help On How To Quit A Tenant by beejah(m): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
@boye25, thanks so much. I understand and appreciate your point

(1) (Reply)

Be A Landlord Before The Year Runs Out / 3 Bedroom Flat Ensuite At Oduduwa Crescent Ikeja GRA, Lagos / Mini Flat And 3bedroom Apartment With 1year Payment @ Abule Egba And New Oko Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.