Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? (789 Views)

My Parents Says No Because He's Yoruba and am Igbo. Should I Go Ahead And Marry? / When She Says No / When She Is Not A Virgin And She Says " No Sex Till Marriage ". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by Morgan1092(m): 11:11am On Jan 27, 2013
Dnt rily knw if dis has bin discussed previously, bt a friend of mine (a guy) is passing tru dis parents partner refusal recently (reason: dat d gal does nt meet d educational standard of d family). What's ur opinion on dis? Advice him.

1 Like

Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by sunnyt1(m): 11:30am On Jan 27, 2013
Chei, i feel for the guy sha. Bt if thats the family ur friend came from then he should be proud and oppressive too, he came from a family with pride and ego and im suprised he didnt pick dos trait.
People refuse to understand that wateva u have was given to u by God, y make d other person feel bad? Its jst like tellin someone u cant marry him/her bcs she is short, its appalling.

Anyway, if your parents say NO to my partner, dey need to convince you. Personally, i wont disobey my parents, bt dey have to convince me
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by Jbols2001(m): 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2013
Obviously his parents are very shallow minded, ie if her educational background is the only reason for their disapproval. If he really likes the girl he'll find a way to convince his parents. the truth is his parents would listen to him except his has shown them in the past that he cannot make good decisions.
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by 190theclown: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
That girl must be Nigerian
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by Morgan1092(m): 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
190-the-clown:
That girl must be Nigerian
Dnt undastand. Nigerian how?
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by 190: 1:32am On Jan 28, 2013
Morgan1092: Dnt undastand. Nigerian how?

ask totalbaby grin grin
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by frankii(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2013
Just tell your friend to be patient, keep her away from his family's view (don't bring her to the house, family functions for now), and take it to God in prayers. Look, family can be annoying sometimes, but i have come to see that most times they are right without knowing it themselves. If after some time they don't calm down about your idea, then sit them down and tell them she'll go back to school even after the wedding. Good luck to your friend!!
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
it is a yes and a no. “No” because the parents may have seen flaws in your partner that you could not have seen. “Yes”, it would be right for one to remain with their partner because the parents could be mistaken.
The factors that they are looking at may not be that important for the marriage to survive, and they could probably be factors that could be over looked.
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by Mankarki(m): 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
He is suggested that he should convince his parents i. e. Only education can't be the determining factor for everybody. There are many other factors that should be considered also.
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by SAFO(m): 12:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
If I was in your friend's shoes I would try to convince my parents and show them the finer qualities she has to offer but at the end of the day I'm a grown AZZ man and I make my own decisions.
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2013
But why do some parents make it their life's work to seperate their children from ppl they love.
God give me wisdom not to be that kind of mother.
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by Morgan1092(m): 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
iyabde: But why do some parents make it their life's work to seperate their children from ppl they love.
God give me wisdom not to be that kind of mother.
Fine! Now whts ur advice 2 d guy?
Re: When Your Parents Says No To Your Partner? by topsco(m): 7:47am On Jan 29, 2013
Morgan1092: Dnt rily knw if dis has bin discussed previously, bt a friend of mine (a guy) is passing tru dis parents partner refusal recently (reason: dat d gal does nt meet d educational standard of d family). What's ur opinion on dis? Advice him.

I can't help it but just laughed...
That is y our Parents are our guidance,they just excercise ther responsibility aptitudes.
...Bi omode ba ge igi,Agba a ma a wo ibi to ma wo si...Yoruba u too much...
That ur friend's parents must have seen something in her,dat they dont want for him,thereby using education tinz to stopped him.
Tell ur friend to nicely with respect ask his Mom,the real reason behind such,and dat he refused to accept dat she was stopped based on edu status...
What d hell,he must by now understand his parents and how their minds work..If she i.e his mother say na d edu tinz b d real issue,only God can help Him and her oh...

(1) (Reply)

I Love My Wife Die! What Of U? Display Ur Own Love / Please Help... Are Women Really The Weaker Sex??? / Is It normal For A Man To Beat Up His Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.