Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

>:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( (3302 Views)

A crash course for NYSC corps members posted to school. / NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members / Nysc Corps Members To Spend Only 2 Weeks In Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

>:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2013
it is a shame that 7 months after passing out of the NYSC scheme, Rivers state has not paid a dime of my accumulated state allowance of 110k. i passed out june 2012. those who passed out October 2012 has not been paid either and another batch will pass out next month. i find it hard to believe that the governor is not aware of the situation. even poor states in the northern part of the country don't treat corps members with such disdain. the painful part of the whole thing is that corps members runs majority of the secondary schools in the state outside Port Harcourt. yet at the end of your service year when you need the money to kick start life, you get this. angry
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by GoodNigerian: 11:17am On Jan 28, 2013
Oko_AGB: it is a shame that 7 months after passing out of the NYSC scheme, Rivers state has not paid a dime of my accumulated state allowance of 110k. i passed out june 2012. those who passed out October 2012 has not been paid either and another batch will pass out next month. i find it hard to believe that the governor is not aware of the situation. even poor states in the northern part of the country don't treat corps members with such disdain. the painful part of the whole thing is that corps members runs majority of the secondary schools in the state outside Port Harcourt. yet at the end of your service year when you need the money to kick start life, you get this. angry
There is need for a thread to be opened on this gross misconduct by the Rivers State Government. I know the plight of those who served in Rivers State. Front Page Pls
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Navalsadiq(m): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
They are known for that very greedie set of human beings.riiver state stop owing corp members what they are entitled to.it's worst than shame.
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Navalsadiq(m): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
They are known for that very greedie set of human beings.riiver state stop owing corp members what they are entitled to.it's a shame.
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by u3fine(m): 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
Naval sadiq: They are known for that very greedie set of human beings.riiver state stop owing corp members what they are entitled to.it's a shame.
Which is your state of Origin?
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by andymola(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2013
Since we past out, that is, batch B 2011, we have been waiting for our state allowance up till this hour. Batch C 2011 past out last November and are still waiting and batch A 2012 will soon join the queue in a fortnight. Haba! We need the government to make a pronouncement in regard to this.
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by andymola(m): 7:30am On Jan 31, 2013
Moderator, I implore you push this to the front page so that people comment and help plead on our behalf for Rivers State Government to pay us.
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by ednut1(m): 6:37am On Feb 01, 2013
andymola: Since we past out, that is, batch B 2011, we have been waiting for our state allowance up till this hour. Batch C 2011 past out last November and are still waiting and batch A 2012 will soon join the queue in a fortnight. Haba! We need the government to make a pronouncement in regard to this.
smh naija graduate passed out nt past
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by chivic1990: 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
I am a batch A copper that would be passing out on †ђξ 14th of next month.Am really dissappointed that Rivers state is behaving this way,its quite a pity.since batch Bs nd Cs that have passed out since have not received their's,dia's no need of hoping to be paid our's.Well,I leave everything in d hands of God.
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
chivic1990: I am a batch A copper that would be passing out on †ђξ 14th of next month.Am really dissappointed that Rivers state is behaving this way,its quite a pity.since batch Bs nd Cs that have passed out since have not received their's,dia's no need of hoping to be paid our's.Well,I leave everything in d hands of God.

cheesy
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by jamesbridget13(f): 7:46am On Feb 02, 2013
Why my Rivers State dey Bleep up like this na? Ameachi take time ooo n release whats due for d ex corp members. I suggest d present Batch A's shld make a little peaceful demonstration to that effect or else it might still linger onnnnnnnnnnn
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Itcharles(m): 8:43am On Feb 02, 2013
if the present batch A should just collect thier discharge certificate and go home on the 14th,what is hppening to the previous batch B and C will also happen to them if not worse.As for me ,am preparing my paraphanelia for a peaceful demonsration that day cos i cannot go home when i dont have hope of when my state alawl will be paid.

2 Likes

Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by andymola(m): 2:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
If the present Batch A would come together to this effect I think somethin would be done. Again, is the governor really aware of this?
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Tolufizzle(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
Is it dt dy do send d money into someones account or d ex corpers collect d money in person?
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by chivic1990: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
They collect Ȋt in person.
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Davryme(m): 8:51am On Feb 09, 2013
Lets be sincere.....postin and complainin hr chnages notin....except we make d governor to b aware....he mite b in dark....d media house shld b our first step...
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by ebereeze1983g: 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2013
Let's pray and hope in God
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Herdeoye(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
I heard they have started payin u guys
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by Nobody: 1:48am On Feb 16, 2013
Herdeoye: I heard they have started payin u guys

Yea. But that place looks like a battlefield. If FG pays 19500 to corps members through verifiable bank accounts, I wonder why Rivers state wud rather pay 110,000 manually. So after almost 1yr of not paying, they end up paying manually. Wat happens to the money of someone in sokoto or someone who can't go down to PHC due to the exigency of his/her job?
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by stevoski059(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
Pls what about batch c 2011/2012 are they paying us also
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by AngelLisa(f): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
Please what about the corp members that passed out on the 18th of October,2011? When will the rivers state government start our payment?
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by ugo41babe(m): 6:53am On May 18, 2013
No news?
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by fabulousstan(m): 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
I don't know y Rivers State is compounding its problem. I served as a Batch A 2012 corper in rivers state and I was been told story on P.O.P ground that our money is being rectified. After many month Batch B 2012 has join the queue now. Amaechi abeg no let me invite EFCC and ICPC 2 dis mata. Pls Mr Moderator help me 4ward dis to Ameachi because he understand pidgin well pass English.
Re: >:( Rivers State Stop Owing Poor NYSC Corps Members >:( by jamesbridget13(f): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
i saw a notice at schools board 4 clearance schedule 4 batch c ex corp members 2011/2012 as regards their state allowance.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Got This Sms From Nysc Tonight!!! / NYSC 2019 Batch A Corps Members House - Let's Connect / Need Idea On A Project To Carry Out (nysc-cds)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.