Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,655 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Plane Crash Averted As 74 Passengers Escape Crash - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Plane Crash Averted As 74 Passengers Escape Crash (556 Views)

Driver Jumps Off Bridge To Escape Arrest / 120 Passengers Escape Death As Aero Contractor Aircraft Develop Fault Mid-air / Pics:what Could Have Been A Disaster Was Averted 30 Mins Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plane Crash Averted As 74 Passengers Escape Crash by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 28, 2013
ACCORDING TO Channels TV reports ABOUT the plane, a Boeing 737-400 series marked 5N-BPA had 74 passengers on board. The pilot had to make a return mid-air when he heard a loud bang at the engine side of the aircraft. There was immediate loss of thrust on the same engine and as a precautionary measure the pilot made a return.
The air disaster was averted on Sunday when an Abuja-bound aircraft made a return to Lagos after one of its engines developed a mechanical fault mid-air. The plane belonging to Med View Airline made the emergency return to the Lagos Airport.

The plane landed safely with one engine and the passengers were thereafter transferred to another of the airline’s aircraft, a Boeing 737-80 series and flown to Abuja safely.

Med View Airline commenced operations on Nigeria’s domestic routes in November 2012.

According to one fan on bellanaija who had his dad on the flight said "My Father was on this flight, hmm! I was speechless when he sent me a text to thank God for his life. My Father! My Father!! I thank you very much for sparing d live of my dad n all those on board. Thank u Jesus, Thank u Lord, The 3 in 1 God , i will worship u forever! Please join me to thank God! Into ur hands we commit Nigeria’a Aviation Sector!

http://www.hovabuzz.com/index.php/news/18-plane-crash-averted-as-74-passengers-escape-crash

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Moderators, What's The Criteria For Making Front Page? / Tanker Crushes A Wholefamily On A Bike To Death Inekpoma, Edo State / Fire Service And Its Response To Fire Outbreaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.