Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

How Much To Charge For A Joomla Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much To Charge For A Joomla Website (921 Views)

How Do I Create A Joomla Template And Edit An Existing One / Has Anyone Been Able Upload A Joomla Site Through Filezilla? / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much To Charge For A Joomla Website by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 28, 2013
Planning your prices from the beginning will help you get the right clients and reduce the margin of losing important ones this tip was gathered over year of experience.

Joomla is a CMS system that lets you develop Websites in an easy way. If you already know Joomla, let me ask you this.

Do you tell your clients that you can build websites for them where they can update things by themselves?

If you do, do you offer them a price that normally applies to regular HTML and CSS websites?

Or how much do you charge them?

Well if you are charging even N60,000 for a 5 page Website in Joomla and then people is coming back to you with questions about the system functionality without charging them, you are doing everything in the wrong way.

If you don’t setup prices from the beginning, people will take for granted that the initial price includes almost everything. Now, I will respect whatever reason, opinion or idea you have behind your business. But for me any time is precious, so it always has a price and please keep in mind that when I say price I do not necessarily refer to money.

Now let me show with an example of how this affects your time and probably even your health.

Example – Building a 5 Page Joomla Website for N60,000

Let’s image you offer Bryan, your imaginary client, a 5 page website where he can update any page at any time without getting help from the Web Developer Guy, YOU.

Mr John is happy and he goes forward on the project with you. You finish the website and guess what he is very happy with your work. But 3 or 5 days passed away, and you get a call from Mr John because he is trying to change some text, and he is having some problems.

And because you are a Good Samaritan, you accept to help him and for the next 2 hours you stay with him explaining how to understand the Joomla process.

You finish with him, and happily he finishes telling you thanks. Now the thing here is that you are going to have a 50/50 percent chance that he tells you, how much he owes you for your time, and you will have 50/50 percent chance to answer nothing or else.

If the guy is good, you probably won’t charge him anything. But imagine if the situation is a different one like dealing with a person with no patient or viceversa, where you are the person without patient to explain.

This situation puts a different picture, and more over you are not making any money.

Believe me this is only a small example while dealing with clients. Sometimes clients are going to demand more from you for the initial price you gave them and some others won’t.

However if you run into a bad client and you are still charging him N60,000 and then he suddenly starts demanding things that were not included on the price, at least, you are going to get a good headache and you will find yourself in a situation that won't finish so nicely.

Now, don't get me wrong in here, I don't thing clients are hard to deal with, I am just saying that everything on life will have its positive and negative side. So you can have good clients and bad clients and the same thing goes for us, there will be good web designers and bad web designers.

Now you need to see the big picture here, there are going to be situations where you will be able to help organizations and people get on with their struggling lives by helping them with low price websites or offering them your time for free like a consultation in Web Design.

That’s good and I have done it before. But you cannot setup cheap prices in any CMS system because there is going to be training involved at some point or another, especially if the client wants to update the site by himself. If you keep doing that my friend, you are not going to go anywhere on making money on this business.

So if you are wondering now, what is a good way to charge Joomla Sites well let me share with you some advice.

In order for you to understand a little bit more about what I believe is a good way to price Joomla Sites, I have created this small table.

In here, you will see 3 different price options to offer your clients, so they can decide what they want.

Moreover, if you offer SEO, Facebook Marketing, Video Marketing, PPC, or any Traffic Generator services, you can add extra income to your Web Design services.

Before I continue, remember this is only an example and you are the ultimate person who decides what the best thing is for you and your customers. People most of the time won't really matter the price as long as they get great services.

Excellent and good quality customer service is one key here to convince your clients on the price.

You can mail (REQUEST FOR JOOMLA TIP) to contact at softchaseng.com if you want the complete tips

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Blogging In Nigeria / Fraudsters Are Out For Us (webmasters) / How To Get 300+ Daily Visitors To Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.