Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? (4052 Views)

Are "Husband Material" Men Getting Scarce? / Are Men Getting What They Deserve / Virginity Above 20; does It Affect Growth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2013
So i was at this party last night and the instant i walked in i made eye contact with this good looking blaisan chick...my shades were all fogged up so i thought she was someone else. I stared for a little bit and suddenly realized that the girl was not who i thought. So i forgot about her and started scoping the girls and dancing a lil bit.

Well every time i turn i see this chick staring at me...so i'm like. Lemme get this number, im attracted to her, she 'likes me' this is a sure bet. So i clear my throat and walk up to her and say in my smoothest voice; "so whats your name" Btw, while i did this it seemed like every other person in the club turned around and started watching us. But that was alright.... i had this is the bag right? wrong.

The silly chink just stared straight ahead, smiled a little and didn't say anything. I was thinking this was the usual 'hard to get' crap, so i repeated my question again, voice getting a little rougher. Still no response. All i could do was smile a little shake my head a little and walked away, i was drunk and didn't care... so i thought. As i looked around the club ( that silly girl was still looking at me every 5 seconds) all i started to see was dudes asking for numbers and asking for dances and getting rejected....Its like the ladies do it for fun. Even though i was drunk and 'didn't care' i did not ask for another number that night, no matter how much play i was getting.

And today when i saw that girl on my floor who i've been wanting to holla for a while.... I was just like fuk it, maybe next time, maybe never grin

So dudes, how does getting rejected affect you? is it a sub-concious reaction like mine, or do you just move on to the next girl?
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by NnamdiN: 8:29am On Jan 28, 2013
I cant stand it. I dont ask girls out. I use the luring approach grin become extremely nice and then strike when she is most vulnerable. But then I gave it a shot last year. Practically chased this girl for the whole of 2012. That one bad pass rejection. She neither said yes nor no. Each time I cut down on the chase, I become a bad friend. Anyways just like you, i dont know how much you will pay me to ask a girl out again grin it's not worth it at all.
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 28, 2013
If you are rejected,dust your shoulders and move on to the next catch. Kini big deal?...also,i've realised that most times when a girl snubs ur advances,and u don't push it,she takes a keen interest in you. So,give her space at that time cos she'll come around later.

1 Like

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2013
*following!!!*

1 Like

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by fubbyy(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2013
Ask google " why do jerks get all the girls?" Take your time to read them all, I used to be like you but the article changed my life when it comes to women, you need to see me now, I really got game,am not asking you to be a jerk but you have to apply a lil bit of it in you

A jerk is selfish when talking to a woman, he doesn't care about her rejection, if a girl rejects you, move to the next girl even in her presence there, and don't take asking girls out too serious, see it as a game

There was a day I was talking to this chick and she was playing hard to get, I called another girl while both of us were still sitting down in the same table, she was suprised of what I was about to do, when the girl came, I asked her to leave and ask the new one to take that seat, guess what I told the new one

I was talking to this girl and she was playing hard to get when I saw you and you are far better than her so I had to drop her for you, I hope you won't play hard to get or else , she was humbled and over shadowed by me, I didn't even take her number, I gave her my card to call me, I even gave her instruction of when not to call because am a very busy man, I didn't give her the privilege to play hard to get

This gurl called me the same evening to ask if I got home safely and kept calling to know me better

5 Likes

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 28, 2013
it hurts my feelings and ego and makes me sad cryit hurts my feelings and ego and makes me sad
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by EmmaUG: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2013
Flytefalls: *following!!!*
follow follow
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by 190: 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2013
yes a whole lot,

I hardly fall in love but when i do i love hard -and u reject me!!

hmm . . oh aaron turning around in his grave,

I'll cross the line and wud never take you back angry angry
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by raqueal(f): 12:05pm On Jan 28, 2013
fubbyy:
There was a day I was talking to this chick and she was playing hard to get, I called another girl while both of us were still sitting down in the same table, she was suprised of what I was about to do, when the girl came, I asked her to leave and ask the new one to take that seat, guess what I told the new one

I was talking to this girl and she was playing hard to get when I saw you and you are far better than her so I had to drop her for you, I hope you won't play hard to get or else , she was humbled and over shadowed by me, I didn't even take her number, I gave her my card to call me, I even gave her instruction of when not to call because am a very busy man, I didn't give her the privilege to play hard to get

This gurl called me the same evening to ask if I got home safely and kept calling to know me better

I don't know where ya'll keep meeting these kinda of girls lipsrsealed.

2 Likes

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by fubbyy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
raqueal:

I don't know where ya'll keep meeting these kinda of girls lipsrsealed.
what are you insinuating?
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
fubbyy: Ask google " why do jerks get all the girls?" Take your time to read them all, I used to be like you but the article changed my life when it comes to women, you need to see me now, I really got game,am not asking you to be a jerk but you have to apply a lil bit of it in you

A jerk is selfish when talking to a woman, he doesn't care about her rejection, if a girl rejects you, move to the next girl even in her presence there, and don't take asking girls out too serious, see it as a game

haha very nice grin

binger: If you are rejected,dust your shoulders and move on to the next catch. Kini big deal?...also,i've realised that most times when a girl snubs ur advances,and u don't push it,she takes a keen interest in you. So,give her space at that time cos she'll come around later.
Yea but i don't want to be that guy who asks out a dozen girls every night. No matter what society says ill never abandon my dignity for some a$$. All you see in the club is a buncha dudes getting rejected until they are reduced to trying to hollar at the skank whos practically passed out in the lobby. its sad

Parties and clubs are like confidence transfers, the girls are like parasites. Every time a guy aproches a chick as she says no, she feels a little better about herself, and he feels a little worse. By the time its all over the ladies have sucked up all the dudes confidence until they feel inadequate and she feels like a princess grin

So Ill keep my 95% success rate talking to girls who i know, skrew hollering at random strangers, this was my first and last time.

4 Likes

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by topsco(m): 7:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
In any given reaction is either positive or negative...
Rejected no b big deal...life goes on.
Rejected to b Accepted by other.
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by WAM1(f): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
fubbyy: Ask google " why do jerks get all the girls?" Take your time to read them all, I used to be like you but the article changed my life when it comes to women, you need to see me now, I really got game,am not asking you to be a jerk but you have to apply a lil bit of it in you

I actually do like the taking charge approach. I use it a lot - interviews that start up being uptight and serious end up in discussions and the interviewer and I are like cracking up- not like I care about anything we just talked about. Often times if you take charge of conversations- they are more likely to go in the direction you want it to smiley

1 Like

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by sunnyt1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
A gal refuses 2 tell u her name and u call it rejection, i dnt tink u knw wat rejection means.
Had a gal eva left u face 2 face bcs she belivs dis oda guy will offer wat u cant? Had a gal told u 2 stop calling her bcs u cudnt send her d airtime she asked for? Had a gal eva told u NO bcs of height, money or status? Now dats rejection. i shdnt feel hurt bcs a random gal refuses 2 be a friend. And Bro, gals have d options 2 either say yes or no to ur advances, respect their decision
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
sunny t: A gal refuses 2 tell u her name and u call it rejection, i dnt tink u knw wat rejection means.
Had a gal eva left u face 2 face bcs she belivs dis oda guy will offer wat u cant? Had a gal told u 2 stop calling her bcs u cudnt send her d airtime she asked for? Had a gal eva told u NO bcs of height, money or status? Now dats rejection. i shdnt feel hurt bcs a random gal refuses 2 be a friend. And Bro, gals have d options 2 either say yes or no to ur advances, respect their decision
Dude... its not my fault that girls have to tell you stop calling them, I'm not silly enough to get in that situation. This topic is about what I call rejection, because its the most i've ever got. If having to be dragged out of some chicks house is what you call rejection then you r on the wrong thread.

And secondly, when did i say i didn't respect her decision? All i did was smile and walked off. I don't give a crap about her, i just thought getting her number was a done deal. I was wrong w/e. That is the definition of "respecting her decision" you dumbass.
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 29, 2013

Hehehe, someone like me would understand that you are hurting and laugh at you well well. grin grin grin
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 29, 2013
@OP

Live with it. grin
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 29, 2013
Plarp: haha very nice grin

Yea but i don't want to be that guy who asks out a dozen girls every night. No matter what society says ill never abandon my dignity for some a$$. All you see in the club is a buncha dudes getting rejected until they are reduced to trying to hollar at the skank whos practically passed out in the lobby. its sad

Parties and clubs are like confidence transfers, the girls are like parasites. Every time a guy aproches a chick as she says no, she feels a little better, and he feels a little worse. By the time its all over the ladies have sucked up all the dudes confidence until they feel inadequate and she feels like a princess grin

So Ill keep my 95% success rate talking to girls who i know, skrew hollering at random strangers, this was my first and last time.

100% correct. Nothing more annoying than a blubbering stranger chatting you up at a club. cool
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Mynd44: 1:57am On Jan 29, 2013
Ego trips.
Nice
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 2:16am On Jan 29, 2013
stillwater:

100% correct. Nothing more annoying than a blubbering stranger chatting you up at a club. cool
I can feel that. Thats why i said this was my first time approaching a stranger. Its something ive never done before, it just feels weird, and besides its better to get to know someone first.

but this chick was giving me so much play that i felt almost obligated to try and talk to her. Lessons learned i guess wink
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 2:19am On Jan 29, 2013
stillwater: @OP

Live with it. grin
Lol, i'd rather not even deal with it. Its better to just forget about random girls in the club, they are not my type anyway.
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 29, 2013
All Women in the clubs are lesbians. Don't you know? cheesy

lol But seriously, for most of them the club is just their only avenue to feel attractive and to amp up their self esteem.
Its always a funny spectacle when even the grotesquely ugly girls dey wan follow fine girls form wetin dem no fit be for this LIFE. grin

OP, you for still confido give that babe in a funny way sha. She for gree. cheesy
Na just "what's your name? What's your name?" you dey ask am.
You for psych am make she laugh, afterwards, she go open give you. All na swag grin

Correct guy. wink
I get one question to complete the Tori sha. When you tell the other girl make she leave her seat, she gree? or she tell you make you go chop shite?
Pliss I just need to clarify
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by NnamdiN: 6:37am On Jan 29, 2013
^^ grin grin
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 8:19am On Jan 29, 2013
All Women in the clubs are lesbians. Don't you know?
lol, they might as well be with the way they act. Grinding all nasty on their friends like a bytch in heat... thats one thing that will make me loose respect for a girl automatically. Attention whoring to the extreme.

the club is a sad joke, you would think its a place to meet people but you are better off in the library

1 Like

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 8:28am On Jan 29, 2013
Lets get some imput from the females; What do yall consider a 'successful' night at the club/party? why do yall even go anyway? grin
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2013
Plarp: Lets get some imput from the females; What do yall consider a 'successful' night at the club/party? why do yall even go anyway? grin
Sometimes (very rarely) I will have a full blown convo with a random guy at a club. There are girls who are totally up for liasing with men in clubs (which is cool) but my primary aim is to dance me a$$ off and have a great time with male/female friends I came with...

Sometimes (SOMETIMES!) you simply cannot ignore the man with the amazing smile who is cracking a joke with you or the guy who wants to show you how to "atlanta" and then tries hard to get your number after but you are civil enough to make him realise that it's been fun but don't wish to take it futher. I'm all for a great time but finding a hubby in clubs isn't the aim. I especially hate it when guys pull my arm and draw me to them for a "chat" or dance. angry

2 Likes

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
So i think we can all agree that the club is not a place to meet ppl. Just a spot to get drunk and hang out with friends.

2 Likes

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
It is easier to pick a black woman up from the street than in a club.
Unless you've put in your time in gym tinz and you wear a tight shirt, pants, etc making her own biology work against her as she just wouldn't be able to resist your physique. wink

Other than that, if you be "normal" guy, better go elsewhere. Your chances of success are slim. cheesy

With white chicks though, They are much more accepting and more liberal.
It's really just because white chicks are more confident in themselves and have fewer low self-esteem issues.
They typically don't feel the need to be self-esteem parasites like our sistas. grin

1 Like

Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by sunnyt1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
Plarp: Dude... its not my fault that girls have to tell you stop calling them, I'm not silly enough to get in that situation. This topic is about what I call rejection, because its the most i've ever got. If having to be dragged out of some chicks house is what you call rejection then you r on the wrong thread.

And secondly, when did i say i didn't respect her decision? All i did was smile and walked off. I don't give a crap about her, i just thought getting her number was a done deal. I was wrong w/e. That is the definition of "respecting her decision" you dumbass.

From your post, u said a gal didnt respond when u ask for her number and felt rejected frm it. Thats wat u said, and Bro i will say it again, thats not rejection.

I tried to analyze wat rejection really means by painting those pictures.

God bless you for saying that last word, bt i am a very polite and courteous person
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by drnoel: 8:19pm On Jan 29, 2013

nice piece the girl deserved it but then some guys deserve worse. Had a similar occurance happen to me yrs ago while I was still doing those things. But then in this case the girl playing hard to get chased out the new one I called and told me she would behave, and she did.
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Plarp: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
2buff: It is easier to pick a black woman up from the street than in a club.
Unless you've put in your time in gym tinz and you wear a tight shirt, pants, etc making her own biology work against her as she just wouldn't be able to resist your physique. wink

Other than that, if you be "normal" guy, better go elsewhere. Your chances of success are slim. cheesy

It's really just because white chicks are more confident in themselves and have fewer low self-esteem issues.
They typically don't feel the need to be self-esteem parasites like our sistas. grin
You hit the nail on the head. This is clearly a black club thing. Cuz the white dudes i know usually end up getting plenty of numbers if they want, and sometimes leave with like 3 or four chicks that they've never met before. Nothing ever comes of it, tho grin.

But still you'll never catch me at a cracker club cool i only like exotic girls.

Anyways ur probably better off hollering at the non-black chicks in the black clubs.... they are snowbunies so they know exactly what they want.
Re: Men: Getting Rejected Does It Affect You? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
2buff: It is easier to pick a black woman up from the street than in a club.

Typical! There is no need to make ridiculous assertions here. This has absolutely nothing to do with confidence. A survey was carried out and showed that the average black woman in America is three times more confident than the White woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/08/african-american-women-ha_n_1083182.html

When will you guys realize you are not all that, you are not all that, you are not all thatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things Women Do When They Are Cheating????? / Photo Of The Day / COUNTER: 6 Signs She Has A Crush On You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.