Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

How They Treat Madmen In Sudan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How They Treat Madmen In Sudan (14685 Views)

Apostasy Woman Flies Out Of Sudan / Please Treat As Urgent / Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by bilms(m): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hamid Abdulmalik Al-Hassan, a Nigerian living in Sudan wrote:

I just came back from a local restaurant nearby, I was hungry as hell and
thought it would be wise to catch a quick break.

... While I was at the
restaurant eating, a mad man came in and walked straight to the cashier
and stood quietly.
Below is the conversation between the cashier and the
mad man:
Cashier: Kaif inta? (How are you?)
Mad man: Wallahi miskeen ana bas (By God I am just a poor fellow)
Cashier: Inta dayir ta'akul shunu tayyib (What would you like to eat
then?)
Mad man: {Stood quiet}
The cashier ordered a meal for the mad man.
At this point in time, all I am
thinking of is the health hazard.
The mad man, took his meal and sat
exactly on a chair next to a man. To tell you the fact, I lost my appetite, but
then I learnt a very important lesson about life. The cashier who
happened to be the owner of the restaurant was ready to loose all his
customers to feed this hungry, homeless soul.

As I was struggling to with my food, I heard a whisper in the deepest part
of my being saying:

And as for the begger, do not repel.[Qur'an 93:10]

Then my mind raced some thousands of kilometers the opposite side of
the world, America, land of the free. Imagin some random mad man
walking into some random restaurant in Washinton DC, imagine the
response of the restaurant management, imagine the response of the
people eating in it, I assure you that restaurant will never see the daylight
till the end of this world. Yet they point accusing fingers thousands of kilometers and call Sudanese terrorists. Now considering how the Sudanese in the Khartoum the Capital of Sudan
treat their mad people, how do you think they will treat their fellow
healthy brothers?

To tell you the truth, you will be amazed at the way Sudanese treat
people, be you a foreigner or son of the soil, and all these hospitality is
built into their culture as a result of Islam. If this is what terrorism is all
about, then I am proud to be a terrorist myself smiley

45 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Sexkillzdick: 3:03pm On Jan 28, 2013
are u through may be he used d mad man for ritual. if u're doubting then u need to open ur own restaurant and invite man people there.

12 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Mortiple(m): 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
Aren't you referring to the same Sudan notorious for breeding sea pirates and annihilation of next door neighbour, Southern Sudan?

Please tell us another lie!

"Mad man: Wallahi miskeen ana bas (By God I am just a poor fellow)". By the way, what makes him a mad man? It is your type that would see a mechanic and call him a mad man and possibly do a writeup on it.

29 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Obinnau(m): 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
eyaa!! That is what i call the act of humanity.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Ikengawo: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
OP is a paid tourism agent

when Sudan will massacring black people in Darfur and now South Sudan, enslaving them and forcing them out of their homes how many of their homeless were given food.
Nigerians are always ready to pretend that the good qualities have geographic preference. Kudos to this man for feeding the madman, but attribute this to the individual not the country because we know how Sudan 'treats people'

16 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by nuorlah: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
Mortiple: Aren't you referring to the same Sudan notorious for breeding sea pirates and annihilation of next door neighbour, Southern Sudan?

"Mad man: Wallahi miskeen ana bas (By God I am just a poor fellow)". By the way, what makes him a mad man? It is your type that would see a mechanic and call him a mad man and possibly do a writeup on it.

You need to get out of your comfort zone the more. Many of you don't know what is out there and simply rely on what the media tells you.

Do you know that a large population of the southern sudanese people who left the capital are back there? Working and living in khartoum without any problem?

There is a big difference between the soldiers of the two nations fighting and accomodating a civilian into their midst.

The sudanese are one of the nicest groups of people.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by nuorlah: 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
I was on board a flight when I met a man who was under d african union whatever to Sudan. It was a time when the darfur news was making rounds. I asked him what the situations were like and asked how he coped there and if there was electricity supply.

I was supprised when he said the electricity in darfur was better than of Nigeria. You can then imagine what that of the capital city, khartoum would be like.

And here we have Nigerians(local champions) boasting over laptops as being giant while a country plagued by long years of war and with much less mineral resources is able to provide d basic social amenities for its people.

6 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by nuorlah: 5:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
Ikengawo: OP is a paid tourism agent

when Sudan will massacring black people in Darfur and now South Sudan, enslaving them and forcing them out of their homes how many of their homeless were given food.
Nigerians are always ready to pretend that the good qualities have geographic preference. Kudos to this man for feeding the madman, but attribute this to the individual not the country because we know how Sudan 'treats people'

There is a million and one meanings you can read to this picture. It is possibly an excavation site. I have heard of archaeologists working in that region. Pictures as this are taken all d time. Who kills by d way only to pose with d pics. Dumb ass

1 Like

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by bilms(m): 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hum
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by superior1: 11:12am On Feb 13, 2013
Hope you haven't gone there to train as a terrorist?, this was how muttalab started
Besides OP, if you have ever taken a course is statistics, you will know you cant take a single case to generalize in a population of millions

5 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by 35000tons: 11:19am On Feb 13, 2013
The only thing I can deduce from the post is that there are still some compassionate people in Sudan. But we all know that some people can be hypocritical; giving you food freely, but won't hesitate to cut your throat in the name of religion.

5 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by gunuvi(m): 11:20am On Feb 13, 2013
I was once in sudan 2010 and I enjoyed my 5 days stay in Khartoun. Most things we hear in the media are not always true especially when it is about Africa.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by donsax: 11:21am On Feb 13, 2013
Are you well at all op? You cook this story in order to bash the Americans and giving credit to your religion.....how would a mad man be allowed to roam the street of America in the first place to beg for food? When there is good shelter home for them with a lot of foods and drinks and social amenities.
Note : that man you saw in Sudan is not mad at all but hungry man...... A real mad man can't utter a such beautiful full sentence like a sane man.

32 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by CoolKizzy(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2013
till the end of this world. Yet they point accusing fingers thousands of kilometers and call Sudanese terrorists. Now considering how the Sudanese in the Khartoum the Capital of Sudan
healthy brothers?

about, then I am proud to be a terrorist myself

wake up bro and stop all this sympathy talks, how do they treat non-muslims? You are treated well so long as you don't ask quetions about your belief, i see the brotherly love in the north, Islam, i see it in the bombing of the world trade center, islam. Do you know what civilisationis all about?

How can a mad man sit near me and we both be eating, dirty smelly? Ever heard of germs and contaminations?
Well the only part of your story that got me nodding in approval was the part the cashier freely gave food to the man, but please not with same plate customers use and not in the same eating area, he can cause bodily harm to civilians there, you said it yourself that he is mentally unfit.

5 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Obviously man,during my secondary school days here in Nigeria,i have seen a lot of resturants giving free meals to mad people.

4 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2013
Hehehehe LMAO at what I saw as a highlight when I wanted to comment MOD I will take that to be a threat in violation of the freedom of speech angry
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by vanstanzy(m): 11:23am On Feb 13, 2013
bilms: Hamid Abdulmalik Al-Hassan, a Nigerian living in Sudan wrote:

... While I was at the
and stood quietly.
mad man:
then?)

of my being saying:

healthy brothers?

"TERRORISM is about intimidation and mass killing of defenseless citizens without provocation, which in other words is genocide". Terrorism has absolutely nothing to do with alms giving or feeding the poor. Go check-up the meaning of Terrorism and stop trying to play smart. angry angry angry
Lest i forget, STOP BRANDING URSELF A TERRORIST OR ELSE U'LL LAND URSELF IN SERIOUS TROUBLE SOMEDAY. angry angry angry angry

21 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 13, 2013
Obviously man,during my secondary school days here in Nigeria,i have seen a lot of resturants giving free meals to mad people.Giving has nothing to do with a religion or people,it is of the mind bro
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Ninilowo(m): 11:24am On Feb 13, 2013
Arrant nonsense. The day a violent mad man will pay a visit he will know how far
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by aieromon(m): 11:25am On Feb 13, 2013
First time posting here and I saw the warning in RED grin

Anyways,you lost me by trying to compare oranges with apples. A typical mad man should be admitted into a mental home.

The guy you met seems to be just a beggar looking for his next meal. It has no relationship with the terrorist status of Sudan.

I'm out of this funny section and I now see why people have issues with the mod here.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 13, 2013
This obviously a good deed by the Sudanese but I don't understand the Washington DC part. Underprivileged people here are given the utmost consideration so you are wrong on that count
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Biggoozz: 11:29am On Feb 13, 2013
bilms: Hamid Abdulmalik Al-Hassan, a Nigerian living in Sudan wrote:

... While I was at the
and stood quietly.
mad man:
then?)

of my being saying:

healthy brothers?

Clap for yourself! You should have started with what the same Sudan people did to the "clear headed" in their Southern/Northern Sudan war, making life more miserable for them than the mad. Aren't you guilty of the wrong you accuse America of? The fact is that in every society, there are angels and devils.

1 Like

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 13, 2013
May i refer you to another story in another holy book about the good samaritan,i see some similarity here but the good samaritan not only fed the injured and battered man,he always took him to hospital for treatment.

I think the cashier should follow up by sending him to their yaba left as well otherwise the mad man will be coming to the restaurant everyday.

If i went in there and see him again,i,ll never buy or set my foot in that restaurant again.

There is a place for mad people.

2 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:30am On Feb 13, 2013
There's a big diff btw Terrorism & giving alms. Try again, Op.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 13, 2013
Illogical reasoning and conclusion.......

Why did you think it's okay for a madman to be given food, when he can be locked up and given treatment?

Just because the madman didn't attack you as you were eating your food doesn't mean he wont attack again. Haven't you heard of that madman in Portugal that once beheaded a british granny in a restaurant?

I'm sure if the madman had attacked you, you won't be here writing about the generous nature of the restaurant owner.

Madmen need treatment and should be kept out of the society until they are safe to return. Entertaining madmen in your restaurant is primitive ( meaning you show no regard for the safety of other customers) and un-Islamic.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by johnwizey: 11:32am On Feb 13, 2013
Is he a mad man or a poor man cos am confused
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by ZACHIE: 11:33am On Feb 13, 2013
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

2 Likes

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by vanstanzy(m): 11:33am On Feb 13, 2013
@OP and Hamid Abdulmalik whatever... this is a BUCK LOAD OF ARRANT CRAP! angry angry angry NEXT!!!
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by vanstanzy(m): 11:35am On Feb 13, 2013
ZACHIE: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

YEAH, YEAH! HOW MANY TIMES I DON HEARD THAT? undecided undecided undecided

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by ZACHIE: 11:35am On Feb 13, 2013
ZACHIE: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

I have been warned..
The topic is subjective because it connotes an ongoing regular exercise. You would think the kind of treatment meted out is a systemic one not knowing it is just a story out of the experience of a biased writer.
Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by ocelot2006(m): 11:48am On Feb 13, 2013
Mortiple: Aren't you referring to the same Sudan notorious for breeding sea pirates and annihilation of next door neighbour, Southern Sudan?

That's Somalia, not sudan.

1 Like

Re: How They Treat Madmen In Sudan by BlackPeni5: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2013
LOOK OP...They are better ways to promote islam rather than an Isolated act of kindness.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? / Hausa/fulani Ladies / Oyo State Bans Arsuna Islamic Sect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.