Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Being A Nigerian Housewife - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Nigerian Housewife (24476 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Housewife Dies Rescuing Electrocuted Mate / Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by BABE3: 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
bukatyne: Madam, MUST EVERYBODY WORK BECAUSE THEY NEED THE MONEY?? SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU, SOME WOMEN WILL NOT STOP WORKING EVEN IF THEY HAVE THE WHOLE WORK BECAUSE....... THEY WANT TO WORK!

***Singing olu maintain's yahoozee***

Awon kan w'aye wa s'ise, awon kan w'aye wa gba "money"!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
armyofone: a good place to volunteer and you should know why if you live in the US.
Cheers.

good idea too if the hi tech companies will select your resume. so many interns/coop students already vying. So if you are stay at home dad, I wonder how you will be volunteering 1hr doing test on gadgets.

Does it have anything to do with free internet?
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2013
bukatyne: there are some people who are content with staying at home all day without doing any stimulating job; some are not and will feel they are wasting. Group A are suited to be housewives. If group B decided to be, they have to occupy themselves else they feel frustrated so they take up voluntary jobs, commit to their local church, sit on one board or the other.

My dear, stop trying so hard- you are not the first woman to work, neither will you be the last. I pray that you end up with a well-to-do husband that will dote on and pamper you silly. Then you will know that all this your gragra is not it at all.

You had better start saying Amen to my prayers for you and stop being such a naive girl.cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by MMotimo: 12:00am On Feb 01, 2013
@mac

For me, volunteering at the library is an describable high. Just seeing the wealth of knowledge books can impart, epecially to kids - I don't know if you can put a value on that. Volunteering and donating to the library is definitely one of my favorite things to do.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2013
MMotimo: @mac

For me, volunteering at the library is an describable high. Just seeing the wealth of knowledge books can impart, epecially to kids - I don't know if you can put a value on that. Volunteering and donating to the library is definitely one of my favorite things to do.

Ok, really cool. I genuinely love reading too. The stress of work is taking the love of books away somewhat now. Most of my reading is work related and on the internet.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Busybody2(f): 3:12am On Feb 01, 2013
As if the only variables is either uncaring, selfish, hamster-on-a-wheel Workaholic Mums on one side of the coin vs parasitic, scrounging, freeloader, good-for-nothing doormat of housewife on the other side.

What happened to the in-betweeners such as the housewives who deliberately sacrificed their time, made hay whilst the sun shone and earned enough to save a fortune, work voluntarily for no pay, have other side interests which generates money, etc such as Damiso, Myne White, Naijababe...

What happened to the working Mum who drops everything after 5pm to rush to their children's side or those who makes sure they are the ones who opens the door to their children when they get home, cook and serve their children's food, sit with their children to make sure their homework is ready to be handed in, etc

See how they turned the thread into a "my Father's farm is bigger than your Father's farm" thread, mschewww, SMH!!!

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 01, 2013
I have seen a trend,some housewives end up with daughters who want to be housewives just like their mother
Whatever works for folks but as for me,i like my financial independence,the word housewife doesn't exist in my lexicon.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by bukatyne(f): 8:53am On Feb 01, 2013
maclatunji:

My dear, stop trying so hard- you are not the first woman to work, neither will you be the last. I pray that you end up with a well-to-do husband that will dote on and pamper you silly. Then you will know that all this your gragra is not it at all.

You had better start saying Amen to my prayers for you and stop being such a naive girl.cheesycheesycheesy
Can you comprehend at all? You were asking armyofone why the volunteer stuff and I explained to you. So wat's this your post about? Sorry to disappoint you, I am not looking for a well to do husband who will spoil me silly, I've found a man we would build our lives together and touch lives in our sphere of influence. You can kindly take your prayers to the next bus stop. Thanks.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 9:06am On Feb 01, 2013
bukatyne: Can you comprehend at all? You were asking armyofone why the volunteer stuff and I explained to you. So wat's this your post about? Sorry to disappoint you, I am not looking for a well to do husband who will spoil me silly, I've found a man we would build our lives together and touch lives in our sphere of influence. You can kindly take your prayers to the next bus stop. Thanks.

This young lady needs a lot of polishing... the fact that I asked that question does not mean I don't know 80% of the answer already. There is something peculiar to the volunteering that you don't get, it is primarily a trend in America... don't get me wrong O. People volunteer for libraries in the most remote village in Polynesia too. Like Armyofone referred to, it is something someone in Nigeria might not easily get. Hence, your attempt at educating me is err... totally unnecessary because quite frankly, you don't understand the question talk less of being able to answer it appropriately.

As for your man, #Hehehe. Good luck to him- He needs it with this your stubborn-as-a-mountain goat outlook to life.

#LOL
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 9:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Busy_body:
As if the only variables is either uncaring, selfish, hamster-on-a-wheel Workaholic Mums on one side of the coin vs parasitic, scrounging, freeloader, good-for-nothing doormat of housewife on the other side.

What happened to the in-betweeners such as the housewives who deliberately sacrificed their time, made hay whilst the sun shone and earned enough to save a fortune, work voluntarily for no pay, have other side interests which generates money, etc such as Damiso, Myne White, Naijababe...

What happened to the working Mum who drops everything after 5pm to rush to their children's side or those who makes sure they are the ones who opens the door to their children when they get home, cook and serve their children's food, sit with their children to make sure their homework is ready to be handed in, etc

See how they turned the thread into a "my Father's farm is bigger than your Father's farm" thread, mschewww, SMH!!!

But...but we need to sharpen our debating skills and have fun once in a while now.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by bukatyne(f): 9:18am On Feb 01, 2013
maclatunji:

This young lady needs a lot of polishing... the fact that I asked that question does not mean I don't know 80% of the answer already. There is something peculiar to the volunteering that you don't get, it is primarily a trend in America... don't get me wrong O. People volunteer for libraries in the most remote village in Polynesia too. Like Armyofone referred to, it is something someone in Nigeria might not easily get. Hence, your attempt at educating me is err... totally unnecessary because quite frankly, you don't understand the question talk less of being able to answer it appropriately.

As for your man, #Hehehe. Good luck to him- He needs it with this your stubborn-as-a-mountain goat outlook to life.

#LOL

No one is perfect so yea I need a lot of polishing grin. So because I won't be an housewife or subscribe to it, I have a stubborn - as - a - mountain goat outlook to life? Or because I said I want a man that we will build our lives together? Is this how you force people to see things your way? Please get a life and let me be with my outlook to life! Afteral, I am entitled to it!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 01, 2013
maclatunji:

But...but we need to sharpen our debating skills and have fun once in a while now.

Mac pls come and sharpen your skills here . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/1181304/family-section-debate

cool cool cool
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 9:24am On Feb 01, 2013
bukatyne: No one is perfect so yea I need a lot of polishing grin. So because I won't be an housewife or subscribe to it, I have a stubborn - as - a - mountain goat outlook to life? Or because I said I want a man that we will build our lives together? Is this how you force people to see things your way? Please get a life and let me be with my outlook to life! Afteral, I am entitled to it!

Hold-on one minute. How do you transform from "having a man" to "wanting a man" within two consecutive posts? Of course, you are entitled to live your life just as I am entitled to wind-you-up on any issue/topic whenever I choose. You want to be "free"? Just laugh my posts off and don't respond at all (part of the polishing I am talking about). cheesy grin tongue
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 9:28am On Feb 01, 2013
Ujujoan:

Mac pls come and sharpen your skills here . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/1181304/family-section-debate

cool cool cool

I am not fascinated by the topic at all. The fun gets removed when you start turning our spontaneous and vivacious debates into "drab attention-seeking, structured debates." People were having a good go at each other before this thread made front page and they did not need the moderator to teach or guide them on how to do so. I am sure other people interested will participate- I won't try and spoil their effort or fun.
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by bukatyne(f): 9:29am On Feb 01, 2013
maclatunji:

Hold-on one a minute. How do you transform from "having a man" to "wanting a man" within two consecutive posts? Of course, you are entitled to live your life just as I am entitled to wind-you-up on any issue/topic whenever I choose. You want to be "free"? Just laugh my posts off and don't respond at all (part of the polishing I am talking about). cheesy grin tongue
What difference does it make ? Ok, I have a man I want to build my life with grin As for the winding part, suit yourself. tongue
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 01, 2013
maclatunji:

I am not fascinated by the topic at all. The fun gets removed when you start turning our spontaneous and vivacious debates into "drab attention-seeking, structured debates." People were having a good go at each other before this thread made front page and they did not need the moderator to teach or guide them on how to do so. I am sure other people interested will participate- I won't try and spoil their effort or fun.

In other words you are chickening out undecided
That's ok.
I'm sure people who are confident in being able to present reasonable arguments in a 'structured' way, rather than blab incoherently, will be willing to participate! cool cool
Any point of correction, these threads are not supposed to be turned into a 20-page senseless argument!
People are supposed to just give their opinion and leave. These are people's real life problems, not a place for petty jokes and 'vivacious debates'! tongue cool
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 01, 2013
Thread Closed!!!!
Re: Being A Nigerian Housewife by maclatunji: 1:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ujujoan:

In other words you are chickening out undecided
That's ok.
I'm sure people who are confident in being able to present reasonable arguments in a 'structured' way, rather than blab incoherently, will be willing to participate! cool cool
Any point of correction, these threads are not supposed to be turned into a 20-page senseless argument!
People are supposed to just give their opinion and leave. These are people's real life problems, not a place for petty jokes and 'vivacious debates'! tongue cool

Ehen now, my lack of intelligence has been demonstrated over time. I don't need a debate to prove it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? / Be Careful With Your Secrets! / 15 Signs That You Are Under The Attack Of A Spirit Husband And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.