Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

A Love Letter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Love Letter (545 Views)

Rev. Chris Okotie’s Got A Love Child After 3 Abortions / A Love Letter From Jesus: "whoever Has Ears, Let Them Hear" / A Christian Open Love Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Love Letter by traeces(m): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
Love is the most beautiful thing in the world. It makes the world go round so much so that even in its false forms, it still gladdens the heart at least while it lasts. It is a fundamental need of all human beings and I should add animals as well. Some of us in our search for love have been everywhere; we have experimented with people, we turned to pets, others have turned to money and others to materials. We all love to be loved.
At the root of rebellion, the cause of wars, the reason why there is murder, rape, kidnapping, terrorism and every kind of evil is the absence of love. Some of us have even rebelled against God because God has seemed not to care. We have queried; If he cared, why will my mother have died? If he truly loved me, Will my prayer not have been answered long ago? Why will I be born this disadvantaged if he was affectionately disposed towards me? Those may be facts which I may not be able to answer to but they are not the truth. Listen to the truth:
“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving-kindness I have drawn you “ Jer. 31:3 (NKJV)
This is a love letter from God to you my friend. God has loved you with love that does not depend on whether you have been obedient to him or not; He has loved you with love that is kind to you whether you believe in him or not; Love that has patiently waited for you to come around. The love God has for you is such that believes the very best concerning you in spite of what everyone else has said or thinks. It is very different from the love Nlanders have for you and supersedes even the love of your parents. God’s Love for you respects your choice whether it agrees with his or not. His love for you is not selfless neither is it easily provoked. His love for you bears all things. What’s more, that love lasts forever.
You are the apple of God’s eye and you mean everything to him. God is so obsessed with you so much so that one in a certain place exclaimed;
“What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? “
Ps 8:4 (NKJV)
You’ve always been on the mind of God; You’ve always been in his agenda and that was what the devil saw that made him Jealous so much so that he brought a row between you and your God. But God whose love does not give up on you as long as it is called today (Ps 95:7,cool made the first move at reconciliation. He sought you and has continued to seek you out. There was absolutely nothing he considered unexpendable in his quest for reconciliation.
He strategized and executed the strategy step by step and finally it culminated in the death, burial and resurrection of the lord Jesus Christ which was the necessary and sufficient requirement for your redemption back to God. Finally Christ settled that age long row and made it possible for you to regain you lost place in God. The devil whose mission statement is to steal, kill and destroy (Jn10:10) also has continued to work on us making that wonderful plan of God which ultimately conquered the devil (col2:14, 15) seem like foolishness to us.
Praise God however that in his everlasting love, He calls your attention today to what he did for you. He is saying my love for you is the reason you are still here and I interested in you. Listen to that in the words of Revelations 3:20 (TLB);
"Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me. “
God is right there where you are, open the door of your heart and invite him in today with this simple prayer in faith:
Lord Jesus, I thank you for loving me so much as to accept to die on the cross so that I might be delivered from the extremely unfortunate dilemma of sin and death which I inherited. Today, I have read your word and I believe your death was the death of my sinful nature, your burial was the burial of my sinful nature and your resurrection is the resurrection of my God-nature.
Forgive me my sins and cleanse me from my unrighteousness. Thank you for removing my old sinful and stony heart and replacing it with a heart of flesh inbuilt with desires that please you. Thank you also for giving me the power to live right and to do good.
Take over my whole life and lead me in the paths of righteousness for your name sake from today onwards in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

NOTE
If you prayed this prayer, we will like you to know that even though nothing might have changed on the outward just like nothing changed physically for Adam and Eve after the fall. You must however know that you have become a completely new person on the inside. A new life has begun. 2 Cor 5:17(TLB) says, “When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun!”
To this end, we urge you to please do the following:
1. Identify with a Bible-believing church and/or group of Christians around you.
2. Cultivate the habit of praying regularly.
3. Regularly and prayerfully study the word of God.
4. Openly share and preach your new found faith.
I look forward to celebrating side by side with you someday in heaven. You can reach me for further help on goldtraeces@gmail.com.

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit/ The Seven Spirits Of God. / 72 Virgins / On Pope's Resignition, Pls Contribute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.