Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? (2795 Views)

Zenrise Integrated Services / Management Trainess Needed At CITA Petroleum / Truelink Integrated Service, Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by billante(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
Any body know or have heard of this people....

Petrolog Integrated PetroleumServices,Plot 12 Azikiwe way,Finima,Bonny Island,Rivers State,Nigeria.

I got this email from them

Petrolog Integrated Petroleum Services,Plot 12 Azikiwe way,Finima,Bonny Island,Rivers State,Nigeria. 

20th January 2013
 Dear:                                                      JOB OFFER FOR PIPS TRAINING PROGRAMME Petrolog Integrated Petroleum Services is pleased to offer you a job as a Trainee in the  PIPS training programme. We trust that your knowledge, skills and experience will be among our most valuable assets.Should you accept this job offer provide us with the below required documents on or before 31st of January 2013 for scrutinization and confirmation as failure will result to disqualification,

REQUIREMENTS 1.Photocopies of Academic Certificate.
2.HSE Competent 3 Certificate .
3.2 copies of Sized Photo Passport.
4.NEBOSH General Certificate. 

All the above requirements must be submitted to the below company address in person or through courier

Petrolog Integrated Petroleum Services,Plot 12 Azikiwe way,Finima, Bonny Island,Rivers State, Nigeria.Website:   http://petrolog-group.tk/

THE PROGRAMME The PIPS training programme will last for 18months at three of our locations namely Rivers State, Lagos State and Delta State respectively. The training programme will be academically challenging and intensive with many practical assignments and evening work. Continuous assessment and appraisals of trainees will take place during the period of training. The programme is divided into five disciplines as follows:

1.Electrical/Operations (Ref. ELECT.1)
2.Mechanical/Operations (Ref. MECH.2)
3. Instrumentation/Operations (Ref. INSTR.3)
4.Accounting (Ref.ACCT.4)
5.Marketing (Ref .MARKTN.4) 

The PIPS/2 programme is City and Guild accredited, and on successful completion graduands shall be awarded the City and Guild of London Institute Certificate, in addition to the PIPS Certificate of attendance.TRAINEE NUMBER

Your assigned trainee number for the 2013 PIPS training programme is *******. SALARY /BENEFIT  As per the company policy, you'll be eligible to receive the following beginning on your hire date/resumption date.

Salary:  Monthly starting salary of  N300,000(Three hundred thousand naira monthly)Training Bonus:  N30,000 (Thirty thousand naira monthly).Accommodation: PIPS provides free accommodation to all trainees/employee.Benefits:  PIPS-

provides benefits for employees, including the followingEducation assistanceHealth insuranceSick leaveVacation and personal daysComplete details will be found in the appointment letter to be sent to you on confirmation of your documents.

RESUMPTION DATE

The resumption date for the  PIPS training programme is on the 26th of February, 2013. 

EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS

After the submission and confirmation of all the above listed documents, company will dispatch all the employments documents via dhl courier service to all the confirmed candidates. So ensure you submit all the listed requirements on or before the 31st of January 2013. As failure will result to the cancellation of appointment.  

If you need any clarification or any help on the submission of any of the requirements  contact the below person.

Is this for real?
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by papiyemo: 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
I tink it is 4 real, hw did u apply plz
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by herbay1: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
billante: Any body know or have heard of this people....

Petrolog Integrated PetroleumServices,Plot 12 Azikiwe way,Finima,Bonny Island,Rivers State,Nigeria.

I got this email from them

Is this for real?
Got the same mail too. I smell scam ahead
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by Nairastake: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
@OP, you are in for a very big SCAM!!!

First of all,an acclaimed petroleum service company is using a free domain name DOT.tk
Secondly, the message format is so unprofessional. Imagine them telling you that they trust ur knowledge, skill and experience without even having met you before...
Again, they were even begging you, "Should you accept this job offer..." .
My brother you need not a seer to tell you that something very big is fishy about these guys.

PERSON DEY NARRATE BLUE FILM??
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by billante(m): 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
Nairastake: @OP, you are in for a very big SCAM!!!

First of all,an acclaimed petroleum service company is using a free domain name DOT.tk
Secondly, the message format is so unprofessional. Imagine them telling you that they trust ur knowledge, skill and experience without even having met you before...
Again, they were even begging you, "Should you accept this job offer..." .
My brother you need not a seer to tell you that something very big is fishy about these guys.

PERSON DEY NARRATE BLUE FILM??

You said it all!
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by tete7000(m): 5:33am On Jan 29, 2013
Guy did you submit cv to them? If yes why are you doubtng. This is a company i ve been tailng since last year. I submitd a cv by proxy and waitng to be calld. I was told recently they will call ths january but yet to receive any offer. Mind you no one is beggng u in that offer as someone here claim. Check out their office in lagos island 4 clarificatn in case u re in lagos. Best of luck.
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by 234GT(m): 5:34am On Jan 29, 2013
Requirements 2 and 4 will require you to pay some money. That is where the scam is hiding.

1 Like

Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by ifyalways(f): 7:13am On Jan 29, 2013
Looks like scam to me.
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by olumorock: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2013
Guyz, its a big scam.....o! I got d mail too, but I verified from their office and they told me I should disregard it becos its a scam mail.
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by sweetchoco: 9:25am On Jan 29, 2013
I just got the same invite. Unfortunately, I studied Civil Engineering and it is obviously not listed in the disciplines they require, so why do they think my "skill" is required for their programme? True, I have applied to a lot of places and might have sent an application to them but considering that I am in my early thirties with about 8 years of work experience,and not even 1 year of Engineering experience, how in the world do I qualify for a graduate trainee-ship programme? Beats my imagination...
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by somando19: 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
Na scam my broda u were not tested and interviewed ow come they issuing out employment letter forget dt offer abeg
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by kattywils: 10:24am On Jan 31, 2013
Hi guys, that offer is a big scam, i got the same offer but i told them that i don't have 2&4 requirement i was ask to pay 25k to this account no in GTB SUNESIS CONSULT ACCT NO 0029712770 to acquire the certificate. i have call the main company for more clarification but no response. pls don't fall for it
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 04, 2013
This indeed is a professional scam. I got the same invite too, after my discussion with friends and my own investigation, I am now totally convinced that it is a scam. I never applied neither did I ever submitted my CV with them. The most interesting result of my investigation that the scammers got wrong was that the address of the company's office in the mail is totally different from the one on their genuine official website(petrologgroup.com). Be wise fellow recipients, I say to you again BE WISE!
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by izufrank: 10:51pm On Feb 08, 2013
Fellow nairalanders, i got the same mail just yesterday, but it was dated 28 of January. I can't remember applying to them. And why would they send it just yesterday and have me submit their requirements latest on monday. The 2 and 4 requirements i don't understand. Pls advice us the more. We need more info about this.
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by Jayriel: 1:11am On Feb 09, 2013
PLZ MAKE UNA RUN OH NA DEM. BAD PEOPLE. 419
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by Eeyore(m): 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2013
There should be a way of reporting these financial scams to the authorities. I got an e-mail from this same fraudsters and on reading through it, I needed no 2nd opinion to know that it was a well thought-out scam.
Re: Is Petrolog Integrated Petroleum services For Real?? by franizegs: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2013
It is definitely a scam. I almost fell for it because SHE is my field and that was what they were looking for. But I got suspicious when the courier company contacted me saying that address doesn't exist. Then I placed a call to the contact person and he gave me this email address; jmzbolton@yahoo.com. Upon googling the email, its a known scammer dating back to 2009. God help us all

(1) (Reply)

Various Hotel Jobs In Abeokuta / Graduate Trainee Program 2016 / Fresh Job Recruitment At Juan Industries (6 Positions), Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.