Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet (843 Views)

My Husband Raped My Niece —wife / I Caught My Husband Sniffing My Niece's Pants / 8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by preetyjay(f): 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
hello mothers in the house. i have a niece who is 8 years old and still bedwet, i think its not normal. before she goes to bed, i always make sure she urinates buh i still have to wake her up like 2 more times to urinate before its mornin else she will just do it on the bed..please anyone with useful suggestions on how to make her stop. thanks.
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by LarrySun(m): 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
Well, I'm not a mother. But I remember when I used to do that too (at 2months+), my mother always asked me to sing to the grinding stone before going to bed.
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by EfemenaXY: 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
@ Poster, have you tried cutting down on the amount of fluids / drinks she has at night before going to bed?

Do you have a new addition / newborn in the family? Sometimes, older kids reverse to "babyish" behaviour on the arrival of a new child - just to seek attention for themselves.

If you're really that worried, I'd suggest you book an appointment for your daughter with your doctor...
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by harbeordune(f): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dnt tink its a problw cos of her age. Jes reduce fluid intake nd hours of play @ nite.
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by greatgod2012(f): 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
It has to do with slow development of her brain.......she will change as time goes on. Reduce d intake of d liquids she takes, especially at night. Let her always take her dinner by 6pm, and after 7pm, no more liquids.
Continue to assist in waking her up to ease herself, let d time be consistent, like, may be every 1am and 4am daily, with time, her body system will get used to d time, and she will be waking up on her own to ease herslf.
May God help us all.
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by Dammysmart: 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
Im a guy, may God help us, i stopped bedwetting at 15yrs wen i was in ss2, but i dnt just know how i stopped, sumtyms i bedwet twice in d midnite, i guess its her bodysystem, though i prayed towards it 2 o, xo u cn also help her by prayers. God help her.
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by LarrySun(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dammysmart: Im a guy, may God help us, i stopped bedwetting at 15yrs wen i was in ss2, but i dnt just know how i stopped, sumtyms i bedwet twice in d midnite, i guess its her bodysystem, though i prayed towards it 2 o, xo u cn also help her by prayers. God help her.
Seriously, at fifteen?! shocked
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by EfemenaXY: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
Dammysmart: Im a guy, may God help us, i stopped bedwetting at 15yrs wen i was in ss2, but i dnt just know how i stopped, sumtyms i bedwet twice in d midnite, i guess its her bodysystem, though i prayed towards it 2 o, xo u cn also help her by prayers. God help her.

Were you under any sort of stress at that time?

Sometimes, stress could be a contributing factor, esp with regards to family expectations on a child...
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
greatgod2012: It has to do with slow development of her brain.......she will change as time goes on. Reduce d intake of d liquids she takes, especially at night. Let her always take her dinner by 6pm, and after 7pm, no more liquids.
Continue to assist in waking her up to ease herself, let d time be consistent, like, may be every 1am and 4am daily, with time, her body system will get used to d time, and she will be waking up on her own to ease herslf.
May God help us all.

100% absolutely spot on!

Also, like Efe said, stress could contribute to it.

OP, as long as it is just night time bedwetting in a child that's never been dry for month stretches at a time, then all greatgod said is perfect. It is due to being a very deep sleeper and sometimes small bladder capacity. None of which are the child's fault by the way. If, however, there is wetting when awake or the child had been consistently dry for over 6 months and suddenly started bedwetting again, a visit to the doctor might be necessary.
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
OP let her see urologist to rule out any concerns... then follow what @Greatgod said .. I bed-wet till I was 6 too and it has to do with nervousness (kids sha)and too much to drink before bed... cut down her liquids. Goodluck.
Re: Help! My 8 Year Old Niece Still Bedwet by preetyjay(f): 2:43am On Jan 29, 2013
thank you all i knew i would get useful response here. i ll do as most of u has suggested by cuttin down her liquid intake. and watch her grow perhaps she will stop it soon. thanks :Dthank you all i knew i would get useful response here. i ll do as most of u has suggested by cuttin down her liquid intake. and watch her grow perhaps she will stop it soon. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Never Brush Aside Old People / Getting Used To Married Life: Boy 8, Who Married 61-year-old Woman, / Who Can Be Like Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.