Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! (1526 Views)

El Rufai And His Son Observe Sallah Prayers With Muslim Faithfuls In Kaduna.pics / Nasir El Rufai Tweet That Got Twitter Buzzing On Saturday / I Am Number 7 On Gej's Snipper List - El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
I deliberately refused to comment on the 2 El Rufai threads because it was just too low. All those who said they are Christians and supported El Rufai's retweets are not Christians. They have no respect for Jesus Christ, period. Any one who supports a partisan cause more than his God is a hypocrite. I will accept those who say they dont believe in God if they support El Rufai. That is a different thing all together. But you cannot say you believe in Jesus Christ and then support words that demean Jesus Christ and the man who said those words. All of you who supported those words from the retweet will answer to God, period! I have always known we have many fake Christians but didnt know it was this bad. Truly the last days!!!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2013
"The battle is mine saith the Lord of Host". The man in question has apologised but Government Bootlicking Association who only seek to score cheap political point and not the good image of Christ will always look for those gullible enough to put on gloves of fanatical zealotry!

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2013
I used to think El Rufai had some cerebral matter. But now I'm convinced he is empty.

On the issue of apology, as far as I'm concerned, El Rufai's apology is inconsequential. I now know he's insensitive, irresponsible and immature. Rather than apologise to Nigerians, he should apologise to God and ask for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: "The battle is mine saith the Lord of Host". The man in question has apologised but Government Bootlicking Association who only seek to score cheap political point and not the good image of Christ will always look for those gullible enough to put on gloves of fanatical zealotry!

There is no amount of apology that will take back what he has uttered. It isnt about God fighting! He is too small for God to fight! It is about him showing what he truly believes in. It is about his true values. You cannot spin this into a partisan thing. He insulted Christ and no true Christian will condone that. Only fake Christians will. A true leader will never say such a thing. He has just shown that he isnt a true leader. If you choose to support him, fine. You only show you aint a Christian. No man takes respects another man more than his God. No man! Except that other man is actually his God!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by usmanyaro17: 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
I want to thank Christians for their maturity regarding this issue,El rufai is a disgrace for making such comments,we must ignore people like this in the society for us to live together.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
thelastPope:

There is no amount of apology that will take back what he has uttered. It isnt about God fighting! He is too small for God to fight! It is about him showing what he truly believes in. It is about his true values. You cannot spin this into a partisan thing. He insulted Christ and no true Christian will condone that. Only fake Christians will. A true leader will never say such a thing. He has just shown that he isnt a true leader. If you choose to support him, fine. You only show you aint a Christian. No man takes respects another man more than his God. No man! Except that other man is actually his God!
You can as well turn yourself to Taliban. The man you claim is an enemy today may become His anointed tomorrow through divine intervention. The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 11:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
@lastpope; lest I forget, didn't see any of your members on the police pension boss thread. The Christianity in you doesn't see anything wrong in that for you to show your displeasure on the thieving government official and the corrupt system we run?
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 11:33pm On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: You can as well turn yourself into Jesus Taliban. The man you claim is an enemy today may become His anointed tomorrow through divine intervention. The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving.

I am speaking as a Christian which I can see you are not. That I dont have to go out and kill people doesnt mean I have to accept someone insulting my God. It doesnt mean I have to condone derogatory remarks at my God. I have values and I dont compromise them. El Rufai can never retweet a derogatory tweet aimed at Mohammed! Whether he will become a gospel preacher tomorrow is just a conjecture. It is an attempt by your likes to defend him just because of your partisan affiliation. He has goofed both as one who has insulted Christ and as a leader who has insulted the beliefs and values of the people he seeks to lead. You cannot lead a people who you deride and scorn their God! Not possible! You dont have to believe in my God but you absolutely have to respect my beliefs to be my leader. You are an accomplice in his blasphemy!

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: @lastpope; lest I forget, didn't see any of your members on the police pension boss thread. The Christianity in you doesn't see anything wrong in that for you to show your displeasure on the thieving government official and the corrupt system we run?

And what has that got to do with this thread? You really think am a MAULAG student running around these threads trying to troll like some of your folks? Some of us have very serious business and projects you know! We only come here to discuss Nigeria, not troll around like kids insulting people and typing 1st or 2nd to comment!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 11:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
thelastPope:

And what has that got to do with this thread? You really think am a MAULAG student running around these threads trying to troll like some of your folks? Some of us have very serious business and projects you know! We only come here to discuss Nigeria, not troll around like kids insulting people and typing 1st or 2nd to comment!
laff wan kill me! I forgot that you are a political contractor. We know the pay per post ones!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2013
thelastPope:

I am speaking as a Christian which I can see you are not. That I dont have to go out and kill people doesnt mean I have to accept someone insulting my God. It doesnt mean I have to condone derogatory remarks at my God. I have values and I dont compromise them. El Rufai can never retweet a derogatory tweet aimed at Mohammed! Whether he will become a gospel preacher tomorrow is just a conjecture. It is an attempt by your likes to defend him just because of your partisan affiliation. He has goofed both as one who has insulted Christ and as a leader who has insulted the beliefs and values of the people he seeks to lead. You cannot lead a people who you deride and scorn their God! Not possible! You dont have to believe in my God but you absolutely have to respect my beliefs to be my leader. You are an accomplice in his blasphemy!
So I am not a christian because I don't share in your religious zealotry? The man erred and has since apologised so what else do you want? Abeg keep your political gospel to yourself. We know you well!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: "The battle is mine saith the Lord of Host". The man in question has apologised but Government Bootlicking Association who only seek to score cheap political point and not the good image of Christ will always look for those gullible enough to put on gloves of fanatical zealotry!

Exactly. Any true Christian knows that we are not to fight on behalf of Jesus or God.

God is big enough to fight his own battles. If El Rufai insults Jesus, i believe he is powerful enough to punish him without soliciting foot soldiers
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
take dat: laff wan kill me! I forgot that you are a political contractor. We know the pay per post ones!

Talking like a kid. Am not suprised!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 12:03am On Jan 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Exactly. Any true Christian knows that we are not to fight on behalf of Jesus or God.

God is big enough to fight his own battles. If El Rufai insults Jesus, i believe he is powerful enough to punish him without soliciting foot soldiers

You are not a Christian, simples, so dont pretend like you are one. No Christian will ever be comfortable when someone insults Jesus Christ. I dont have to go and physically fight to show my disgust! As long as I truly love and serve Jesus Christ, I will be insulted if he is insulted. No one will stand in my face, insult my earthly father and I will be happy with him or laugh about it. I might not physically fight him, but I can never condone it. The same way I can never condone it when someone insults my God. You muslims are supporting him yet you will not take it when someone insults Mohammed. That makes you a big hypocrite!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 12:04am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

I am Talking like a kid. Am not suprised!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 12:07am On Jan 29, 2013
You just confirmed my words. Only kids do that!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 12:12am On Jan 29, 2013
^ Well I'll leave you to do your hatchet job. The Don Bishop aka lastpope!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by jmaine: 12:16am On Jan 29, 2013
take dat: ^ Well I'll leave you to do your hatchet job. The Don Bishop aka lastpope!

Olukayode B. aka take dat wink . .Relax your roll . . . . . . . . . .
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2013
take dat: ^ Well I'll leave you to do your hatchet job. The Don Bishop aka lastpope!

Some of you dont know where to draw the line. You cannot rule a people whom you hate and deride! That only happens in an occupation or in colonial rule. People like El Rufai cannot continue to show disdane for a group of people and still aspire to rule them. Just cannot be. It will never be!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by dayokanu(m): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

You are not a Christian, simples, so dont pretend like you are one. No Christian will ever be comfortable when someone insults Jesus Christ. I dont have to go and physically fight to show my disgust! As long as I truly love and serve Jesus Christ, I will be insulted if he is insulted. No one will stand in my face, insult my earthly father and I will be happy with him or laugh about it. I might not physically fight him, but I can never condone it. The same way I can never condone it when someone insults my God. You muslims are supporting him yet you will not take it when someone insults Mohammed. That makes you a big hypocrite!

People have called jesus all sorts of names in the past and No Christian would go and fight anyone for God

The Da Vinci code insulted him, people have called him gayy called him everything compared him to anything evil but I dont flinch cos my bible tells me the fight is the Lords

No one can fight for God no one can help my God the man(Uzzah)in the bible who tried it was struck dead instantly

Only fake Christian try to help God fight his fight

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12-19
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 12:18am On Jan 29, 2013
jmaine:

Olukayode B wink . .Relax your roll . . . . . . . . . .
Are you trying to spell out your name? Bros you sef slow your roll!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by jmaine: 12:20am On Jan 29, 2013
take dat: Are you trying to spell out your name?

I see trying to deflect your real identity cheesy . . . . . Make we no derail this thread sha wink . . .
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 12:21am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

Some of you dont know where to draw the line. You cannot rule a people whom you hate and deride! That only happens in an occupation or in colonial rule. People like El Rufai cannot continue to show disdane for a group of people and still aspire to rule them. Just cannot be. It will never be!
Sir, I have no business whatsoever with El-Rufai. I am only uncomfortable with those trying to score cheap political point!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 12:24am On Jan 29, 2013
jmaine:

I see trying to deflect your real identity cheesy . . . . . Make we no derail this thread sha wink . . .
That's interesting! Goodnite and all the best in your effort to unravel an unknown person.
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 12:26am On Jan 29, 2013
take dat: Sir, I have no business whatsoever with El-Rufai. I am only uncomfortable with those trying to score cheap political point!

Who is trying to score a political point? "Those who" or El Rufai!?
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 12:27am On Jan 29, 2013
dayokanu:

People have called jesus all sorts of names in the past and No Christian would go and fight anyone for God

The Da Vinci code insulted him, people have called him gayy called him everything compared him to anything evil but I dont flinch cos my bible tells me the fight is the Lords

No one can fight for God no one can help my God the man(Uzzah)in the bible who tried it was struck dead instantly

Only fake Christian try to help God fight his fight

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12-19

You are funny! Very funny indeed! so because you shouldnt avenge, you agree? You support? You participate? You are indeed a very funny muslim!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by takedat(m): 12:31am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

Who is trying to score a political point? "Those who" or El Rufai!?
Government brown-nosers turned evangelists. Its synonymous with politicians so El-Rufai isn't exempted!
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by dayokanu(m): 12:51am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

You are funny! Very funny indeed! so because you shouldnt avenge, you agree? You support? You participate? You are indeed a very funny muslim!

So if I don't agree or support what does the bible tell me to do as a Christian
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by thelastPope(m): 12:52am On Jan 29, 2013
dayokanu:

So if I don't agree or support what does the bible tell me to do as a Christian

Can you speak English please?
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by dayokanu(m): 12:55am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

Can you speak English please?

If you don't understand ask your friends to interprete for you
Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by 222Martins(m): 6:00am On Jan 29, 2013
thelastPope:

@thelastpope and other self proclaimed righteous christians, yes i am a christian but i don't feel insulted by El Rufai's statement. What does that have to do with my christian life. For Christ sake he only retweeted a statement he found amusing. Nigerians are so full of sychophants parading as christians. Despite our self proclaimed holiness, we are still backward and among the poorest people on earth. The earlier we stop seeing ethnicity, religion, race and soceital status as a barrier to greater heights, the better for us. If you feel insulted by his statement, that is your own cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Tweet: Fake Christians! by ba7man(m): 6:13am On Jan 29, 2013
"Father Forgive them b'cos they know not what they do". @ The Last Pope. Give this issue a rest, he has exposed the kind of person he can be with his utterances. 2morrow, if he contests for a position and people don't vote for him, this is probably goin to be part of the reasons. He has started a chain reaction already, so no need to get worked up. Words can either soothe or agreive and his wasn't soothing to a lot of people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ribadu Is An Attention-seeker / Career Was Built On Bootlicking - Presidency / Obigate Scandal Peter Obi Indicted In 60.5 Million Naira Bribery Scam / Seun (Nairaland Founder) To Vote For Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.