Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body (239633 Views)

40 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Water For Skin, Hair And Health / 10 Amazing Facts About Human Body / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
@ OP, check (#cool; the strongest bone in the human body is the petrous part of temporal bone, in the skull. It cant even be the jaw bone; not with mandibular fractures being the most fractured bone in facial injuries,in blacks.
2) what does it mean when u say that women's heart beat faster than males? Does it connote that women have higher heart rates/pulse rates than men?
Interesting write-up btw.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Visocrate(m): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
ELEPHANTS ALSO SHOW EMOTIONAL TEARS WHEN ANY OF THEIR MEMBERS DIES
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Faith2002: 7:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
fellis: The human body is an incredibly complex and intricate system and it still baffles researchers regularly despite thousands of years of medical knowledge. As a result, it shouldn't be a surprise that even body parts we deal with everyday have unexpected facts and explanations behind them.
Here are 100 wacky facts about the human body:
1. The brain is more active at night than during the day. Scientists don't know yet why this is.

2. The higher your IQ, the more you dream.

3. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body.

4. The nail on the middle finger grows faster than the other fingernails.

5. Fingernails grow nearly four times faster than toe nails.

6. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7 years on average.

7. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve zinc. It doesn't destroy the stomach because because the stomach walls constantly renews itself.

8. Women's hearts beat faster than men's.

9. Women blink twice as many times as men do.

10. Women are born better smellers than men and remain better smellers over life.

11. Men burn fat faster than women by a rate of about 50 calories a day.

12. Men get hiccups more often than women.

13. A man has approximately 6.8 litres of blood in the body while women have approximately 5 litres.

14. The largest cell in the body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.

15. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.

16. Babies are always born with blue eyes. The melanin in their eyes needs time to be fully deposited or to be darkened by ultraviolet light to reveal the baby's true eye color.

17. Men have erections every hour to hour and a half during sleep. This is because the combination of blood circulation and testerone production can cause erections during sleep and are a necessary part of REM sleep.

18. After eating too much, your hearing is less sharp.

19. If your saliva cannot dissolve or mix with food, you will not be able to taste that food (try tasting something after drying off your tongue)

20. Noise causes the pupils of your eyes to dilate. Even very small noises can do this.
eeeeeh
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by dljbd1(m): 7:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
ItsModella:
True, my left eye is the dominant eye.
sharingan

1 Like

Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by NOLONGTIN1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2013
35. The only part of your body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It gets its oxygen directly from air.

Does that mean if i leave my eyes closed for a day, the cornea in the eye wont get oxygen?? Then DIE?
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by ndeepurity(m): 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2013
17. Men have erections every hour to hour and a half during sleep. This is because the combination of blood circulation and testerone production can cause erections during sleep and are a necessary part of REM sleep.

This is because a whole lot of dem watch too many live mojo for ladies dat go about in skimpy clothings.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
I love number 10 so much! Evestar, what'd you have to say? grin
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by metti(m): 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
One of your legs is bigger and longer than the other.
In female one brest is bigger than the other.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
blink182: 36 is wrong, ask MFM members.
buhahaha! *rolls into gutter*
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
Emmyk: none new @Op. Gone through it few years back search via google.
make we hear word abeg!
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Songitto(m): 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
well its nice write up,but most of diz fact,has no prove, and again i have no much belive in number 15,i will do my own findings on that
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by tantita(m): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
fellis:
Women evolved to have a better sense of smell to sniff out genetic deficiencies in a potential mate, since they had lesser chances of passing on their genes, it was more crucial to them to make sure that whatever partner they mated with was as satisfactory as possible. Women are also better with colors like you said. I am not sure what the reason for this is though I read somewhere that it helped with detecting poisonous fruits and plants (by their colours) while gathering food in the wild. Women mostly gathered food while men hunted.
.....serzly u read some were..is dt al u cn cm up wit...we tlkin forum strong authority shld b use rather i read sombre tht.....
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
metti: One of your legs is bigger and longer than the other.
In female one brest is bigger than the other.
lol. Noti boy
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by jimino(m): 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
not all the points are true
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by shevon: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
fellis:
Women evolved to have a better sense of smell to sniff out genetic deficiencies in a potential mate, since they had lesser chances of passing on their genes, it was more crucial to them to make sure that whatever partner they mated with was as satisfactory as possible. Women are also better with colors like you said. I am not sure what the reason for this is though I read somewhere that it helped with detecting poisonous fruits and plants (by their colours) while gathering food in the wild. Women mostly gathered food while men hunted.

Was it the color thingy that helped Eve with the fruit in Eden? undecided
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Ayoobscom(m): 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
Interesting though not entirely accurate
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 08, 2013
[quote
author=Coldfeet]Number 26 so true!! And number 13 why do men have more
blood than women? Despite all the things woman do with blood? Na wa
o![/quote]

You dey cook stew with blood? lol.
The fact that your period elimitates blood never do u to know u have less blood?
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by jjwaterfalls(f): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
Nice one but I disagree on u on number 27, the hardest or strongest bone in the Human body is the femur becos it carries the weight of the whole body, and medically it is known as the strongest . Please u can reconfirm.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by wakes: 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
The human brain?
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
Faith2002: eeeeeh
SMH...
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2013
NO LONG TIN: 35. The only part of your body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It gets its oxygen directly from air.

Does that mean if i leave my eyes closed for a day, the cornea in the eye wont get oxygen?? Then DIE?
Lol @ close your eye for a whole day. grin
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Originalsly: 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2013
Some I don't agree...eyes remain the same size . Eyes receive oxygen via the air....what happens at nights when we sleep?...and to those who have longgg sleeps? And the higher your IQ the more you will dream...well I guess my IQ is 1 because I hardly ever dream.

1 Like

Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by fonssy(f): 12:01am On Apr 09, 2013
So since I do not dream much, my IQ is low abi? Don't buy that fact
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by milky3(f): 12:54am On Apr 09, 2013
Here are 100 wacky facts about the human body:
y giving us 40 instead of 100 naw kiss kiss
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by pekelepekele(m): 1:01am On Apr 09, 2013
#33 aint right
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by 2Awesome: 1:35am On Apr 09, 2013
GOD is too amazing He is onederful twoderful millionderful. the eyes remains the same size and the ears never stop growing. if he can make water come outta rock what can he not do
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Tobetoe(m): 1:45am On Apr 09, 2013
Ye i believe all said .,GOD is good
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by pleep(m): 4:28am On Apr 09, 2013
Humans can survive much longer than 2 days without liquid... i have no idea how that BS stat keeps getting passed around.
Re: 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 09, 2013
watchindelta: if you wanna gv birth to a male child always do it at night, because Y
chromosome of man always scare of sun or anything that is hot, that why is nt good for a man to sit on any surface that is hot. It wil kill ur Y chromosome, it wil lead u to gv birth to only female child note always make love wen ur AIR CONDITON is ON or at night if you need a male child because ur Y
chromosome always active wen the weather is cold.

Thanks for the tip doc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / 4D Ultrasound & Doppler Scan: For Pregnant Mothers / Which Drugs Can One Use After Sex To Aviod Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.