Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,828 members, 7,802,649 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Egungun Masquerade Killed Islamic Cleric In Ogun State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Egungun Masquerade Killed Islamic Cleric In Ogun State (764 Views)

I Bought Human Jaw To Do Fortune Charm For Clients — Islamic Cleric (photo) / Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts / Muslim Cleric, Alfa Kills His Friend, Shares His Body Parts For Rituals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Egungun Masquerade Killed Islamic Cleric In Ogun State by gunuvi(m): 8:13am On Jan 29, 2013
Ogun State police have confirmed
the arrest of four suspects, including
a masquerade after a Muslim cleric;
Lateef Amusa was shot dead in Ijaye,
Abeokuta on Monday.
The masquerade popularly known
as, Leyin Aponle is believed to be the
one who pulled the trigger during
the celebrations of the annual
Egungun Festival in Ijaye.
According to reports, Amusa, 30,
ignored the earlier warning from the
masquerade to disembark from the
motorbike shortly before the
incident occurred.
The killing enraged members of his
group, who retaliated by setting the
family house of the masquerade on
fire.
They also removed the
masquerader’s costume which they
dragged to the street entrance and
burnt then destroyed other bits and
pieces.
Following the incident, the Alake of
Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo,
placed a halt on the 17-day annual
Egungun Festival.
The Police Public Relations Officer,
Muyiwa Adejobi, who confirmed the
arrests of four suspects, said the
Commissioner of Police,
Ikemefuna Okoye, had ordered a
investigation into the matter and the
suspects would be charged to court
as soon as investigations into the
matter were concluded.

www.ynaija.com/egungun-festival-masquerade-allegedly-shoots-islamic-cleric-dead-masquerades-home-set-on-fire-in-reprisal/

Na wa for my precious naija o. Who should we blame now?
Re: Egungun Masquerade Killed Islamic Cleric In Ogun State by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
so some miscreants are now using and abusing culture to perpetrate wickedness.smh,i am waiting for the holy war that will soon be unleashed on those peeps lipsrsealed by the muslim followers in that hood

(1) (Reply)

Missing Woman Found 10 Years Later, Dead In Son’s Cupboard In Imo State / I Didn't Know I Was Carrying Cannabis-suspect / Angry Mob Beat PHCN Worker Mercilessly For Cutting Off Their Light In Bariga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.