Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry (16282 Views)

Sexless Marriage / Why I’m Happier In A Sexless Marriage / Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Boyoorisha: 11:23am On Jan 29, 2013
A Nigerian court based in the capital Abuja has ordered a 16-year-old girl, Maryam Suleiman, and her parents to refund N570,000(about $4,000) to her husband, Mukailu Naibi, over a fraudulent marriage.

The judge in the Area Court sitting in Lugbe, Haruna Masanawa, ruled that Suleiman and her parents must refund the money to Naibi within 30 days. Masanawa also ordered that Naibi’s estranged wife, who had filed for divorce, must remain married to him pending the full refund of the amount.
"Based on the evidence before me, the court is convinced that the plaintiff’s parents are dubious people that no child should be proud of. They collected money from different suitors, all with the fraudulent intention of marrying their daughter out to them, all of which turned out to be fake promises. This honourable court hereby orders the plaintiff to pay the defendant the sum of N570,000 before divorce is granted to her,’" Masanawa said.
Naibi of Keke village, Kaduna, whose wife allegedly starved him of sex for two years of their marriage, had demanded N1. 2 million as compensation from the wife’s parents before he would agree to his wife’s request for divorce. Naibi, 37, while testifying in the case, said the amount covered the bride price he paid before marrying Suleiman. He told the court that the amount also covered the cost of damage done to his house after Suleiman set it on fire before filing for divorce. Naibi tendered written documents with records of all expenses made on his estranged wife and her parents, in addition to presenting a witness who testified in his favour. He told the court that his wife had refused to make love to him since they got married two years ago.
"Your worship, since we got married two years ago, my wife never allowed me to make love to her for once and all my attempts to do it always led to fighting. I married her out of love and I still love her, but with this development, I have no choice, but to ask the court to grant her divorce wish for the sake of peace," Naibi said.
In her testimony, Suleiman said her husband had made love to her once but she was not impressed and so wanted divorce. "I don’t love him. I don’t love anybody who bears his name and I hate anybody who loves him," she told the court. Naibi’s in-laws denied most of his claims.

http://news.naij.com/21545.html

1 Like

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by tjskii(f): 11:40am On Jan 29, 2013
So werr r they goin to get d money to pay him back,hed berra just divorc her and mov on undecided
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2013
hmmmmm. some parents ehh. using their children as if say dem be market wares for sales. Oh ! this should be a warning to parents with similar interests.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Boyoorisha: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
maxwello.yg:
hmmmmm. some parents ehh. using their children as if say dem be market wares for sales. Oh ! this should be a warning to parents with similar interests.

It happens mostly in the North, even their movies portray this!

1 Like

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by delors(m): 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
correct. smart man!
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by uzeba(m): 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
He Just married d gal!! Don't even knw wether the gal lyk him or not!! Next tym if he want to marry!! It will be on the basic of love!!!
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by 1Dray(m): 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
tjskii: So werr r they goin to get d money to pay him back,hed berra just divorc her and mov on undecided

U've gotta be kidding me.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by DJDOLA(m): 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
make dem come try am for lagos were man d collect money from woman before married

2 Likes

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
tjskii: So werr r they goin to get d money to pay him back,hed berra just divorc her and mov on undecided
what are you saying? Them don chop the money finish?
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Libkid(m): 2:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
At 16? Wat were d parents finking wen dey handed ova their 16 year old daughter to a man.jez! wat a senseless parents and suitor
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Sweetapple007(f): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
So even boko people dey do buisness wit thier daugher i think say no only ibo people they sell their pikin.

1 Like

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Oluabayomi1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
Option of fine is #25 like d former police pension board boss dt was sentenced yesterday
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by DonaldGenes(m): 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
No be small tin ehhh
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by fineworker(m): 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
Why did this girl agree to marry him at first? How come at the age of sixteen you are not impressed by a man's performance on bed? Is this girl part of the plan with her parents to cheat this man?
If this has happened in igbo land, people would have started saying all sorts of things.

3 Likes

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by ebamma(m): 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
and when i said that toto is sweet but my garri is sweeter u guys said i was lying
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by stevecantrell: 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2013

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
[/s][s]
brokoto: what are you saying? Them don chop the money finish?

They will get it from D̶̲̥̅̊ next. (Fool)
Suitor.

1 Like

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by billynoni(m): 3:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
.[quote author=Boyoorisha]
In her testimony, Suleiman said her husband had made love to her ONCE but she was not impressed and so wanted divorce.[/quote/]....@16,u're nt impressed by 'once'.....abi na horse 'tinz' dey dere ni?
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by brownlord: 3:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
I don marry u, then u come my houz, to beans u, u go say no, i just dey laff, na the man be mumu jor, one night i don bolingo u since, if i use power u no gree, i go give u samsun, u go beg urself
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by gratiaeo(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sweetapple007: So even boko people dey do buisness wit thier daugher i think say no only ibo people they sell their pikin.
So you have started smoking this your weeds again? I know you must have stop taking your drugs! What a pity

1 Like

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Walexz02(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
Buh hahahahah....d little gurl sabi collect moni bt she no want give punny..... The Aboki na smart guy for taking records of all expences...

1 Like

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by ceciliaudoh: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
Best option is 2 quit n shun d money
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nawa ooo,hausas and their local 419 tatics.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by HARDDON: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
wow, what a kul gentle gee. or shld i say docile jack?
som men wud have ravaged her long time ago.

by force or juice( grin )

how cud a man legally pay the dowry and she denies him, his merriment?

the court was too lenient, that money is too small.

if it was some1 i know, i would buy the case over and make them live their lives indepted to tha husby!

tw3rps!
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by yuriliciousssss: 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
Haha this is serious
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by OkparaIgbo: 3:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
Seriously I ask myself at times how do certain people reason.. angry A 35 year old man marrying a 14 year old.?? WTH is this for crying out loud and why do the Hausa's engage in this. lipsrsealed Mehn at 35 years old you should be correcting the child/teen and not finding her intimately attractive.! GUSH I puke for some people oo undecided

3 Likes

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
What's a 37 years old man doing with a 16 years old girl?

angry angry
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nigeria is a p.edop.hile's candyland. sad
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by dayokanu(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
They have been married for 2yrs that means she was married at 14yrs

2 Likes

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by noskeybaba: 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
errm... The girl is 16, and the marriage is 2yrs old. So it now means the girl was given out at the age of 14? Northern Nigeria should grow up. This is 21st century for Christ sake!!! Giving out kids for marriage is outdated. Both the suitor and the parents are not just ok. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by noskeybaba: 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
What's a 37 years old man doing with a 16 years old girl?

angry angry

BABY SITTING grin

1 Like

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by stevecantrell: 3:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
Don't you just love 419ers women ??

cecilia.udoh:
Best option is 2 quit n shun d money

tjskii: So werr r they goin to get d
money to pay him back,hed berra just divorc her and mov on undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Know About Mami-water (mermaid) / I Opened My Daughter’s Room Without Knocking, And I Saw The Most Heartbreaking T / Girls With Stretch Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.