Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? (8348 Views)

Humorous Pics To Spice Your Evening- GP2015 / Dame Patience - My Husband Is The Best Couple On Earth / Humorous Quotations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Even in the most calamitous of situations one thing you can't take away from Nigerians is their creative sense of humour.

The Social Media has helped brought this out.

During the fuel subsidy saga, we heard jokes like:

Subsideen, subsidats, chukwusubsidy, oluwasubsidizemi, etc

When Dana crash occurred, jokes like these were circulated:

If you are going out in Nigeria now, look back to be sure the kidnappers are not behind you, look up to be sure a plane is not crashing on your head, look sideways to be sure a car is not coming etc.

Now, Super Eagles are drawing matches and they created:

1, Which one draws pass: a, Okro b, Ogbono c, Super Eagles

2, Important information to all Super Eagles fan: If you love Super Eagles and wish them victory today, please don't eat okro, okoho, ogbono, ewedu, or any soup that draws

Which other event have I missed out and what's the associated joke?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by tomakint: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
YESSSSSS grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by 2legit2qwt: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Of course! With all the negativity going on in Nigeria, you need all the humor to survive. We're used to bad situations and try to make jokes about them to make it feel less damaging..ridiculously funny situations

'Suffering and smiling'..fela

Survival tactics it is

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Justicemy: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
yes and why do u ask ?
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
It is frustration.....
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by outrage: 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
FG is ontop of the situation!

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by robinfemi: 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
Jarus: Even in the most calamitous of situations one thing you can't take away from Nigerians is their creative sense of humour.

If you are going out in Nigeria now, look back to be sure the kidnappers are not behind you, look up to be sure a plane is not crashing on your head, look sideways to be sure a car is not coming etc.

2, Important information to all Super Eagles fan: If you love Super Eagles and wish them victory today, please don't eat okro, okoho, ogbono, ewedu, or any soup that draws

abi, Ω̴̷̷̩̩̩̥å 9ja but M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ G̲̣̣̣̥ό̲̣̣̣ chop dos fud if d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ αℓℓ cum ♍aι̥ ways ooo.[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by kumbalo(m): 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pooo thread. Mtchewww.
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by jude33084(m): 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue cool cool cool cool cool cool undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by tomakint: 1:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
outrage: FG is ontop of the situation!
No, you are wrong, the situation is actually on TOP of the FG!!! embarassed embarassed
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Detonatorrex(m): 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
jude33084: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue cool cool cool cool cool cool undecided undecided undecided undecided
grin

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by toluleke(m): 1:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
INTRODUCTION TO MODELLING AND SIMULATION.
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
*singing* i be naijaaa...i'm a true born naija oh...naija oh
i'm a true born Nigerian.
Like sands on the seashore,so is our number on the surface of the earth. #proudlynigerian.
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by jude33084(m): 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
Detonator-rex:
grin

grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
If u live in Nigeria, trust me, u need dat sense of humour. If u are poor and u don't laugh, na slow death be dat ooo grin .

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by oboy3(m): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
Yea Naijans are the most humorous people In the world,
NIGERIA
Good people,great nation,Bad leaders
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by bedford101(m): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
I LAFF SOTAYYY I PISS FOR MY LANDLORD HEAD. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
E ku subsidy

That was the yoruba greeting during the subsidy palaver.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by jude33084(m): 1:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
bedford101: I LAFF SOTAYYY I PISS FOR MY LANDLORD HEAD. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

KOLO
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by jude33084(m): 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
YABA LEFT undecided
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by REMMEI(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
YES WE ARE. . . I just love this country if not the useless and worthless souls that called themselves leaders that wanna ruin her..

@OP. . You've forgotten changing of song's original lyrics to what suit us o..now the trending ish is that all those aged indian films are now being translated to yoruba..it's so amusing how they could think of doing such thing..you will comprehend what am saying if you are a street dude like i am..i wish to see the igbo version of it..'twill be damn hilarious.
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by jude33084(m): 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
YAWN! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by SisiKill1: 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
Rotflmao! Humorous??!!!

Nah. ....we have just perfected the fine art of sublimation as a defense mechanism against the hardship of everyday life in that country.

Sublimation can be done with humor or fantasy. Humor, when used as a defense mechanism, is the channeling of unacceptable impulses or thoughts into a light-hearted story or joke.

Humor reduces the intensity of a situation, and places a cushion of laughter between the person and the impulses.

Fantasy, when used as a defense mechanism, is the channeling of unacceptable or unattainable desires into imagination. For example, imagining one’s ultimate career goals can be helpful when one experiences temporary setbacks in academic achievement.

Both can help a person look at a situation in a different way, or focus on aspects of the situation not previously explored. (this is classic amongst those who think every bad thing that happens to them is a lead in to something really really great and those who believe the longer the distance and the grievous the journey to a particular place of worship the sooner they will receive a big blessing)

The E go better and it could have been worse phenomenon you find in many Nigerians also falls under this.

When people say the entire country needs psychiatric evaluation. ...they ain't lying.

Psychological Abuse is the worst sad

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
And even when ASUU calls on a strike... Dey say:

Which one strike pass

A) ASUU
B) THUNDER

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by PHIPEX(m): 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
@ OP you forgot this gospel, it's been the most interesting to me so far.

The Gospel According To ‘Saint’ Farouk
1) And it came to pass after these things, on the first day of the first month of the twelfth year after the second millennium, that king Jona son of Bele announced to the people saying; there is no money left in the royal treasury, and the future of the kingdom is in great danger.

2) Therefore, a measure of oil shall no longer sell for three scores of silver and seven, but shall now be seven scores of silver and one. But the people grumbled aloud, and said unto another, what shall it profit our king to gain all these oil money and lose his throne?

3) For it is appointed unto him to reign but once, and after this prison, for many are the atrocities which he has committed.

4) So they said unto the king, eat thou thy food in peace in the palace, and surround thou thyself with thine women, only touch not our oil price and do thy people no harm.

5) But the king would not listen, and said unto himself, I know my people, they shall only grumble for a while and soon they shall forget.

6) But the people would not forget, for the burden was too much for them to bear, and they said; now unto him that is able to increase the price of oil exceeding abundantly above all that his people can bear or think, according to the greed which worketh in him;

7) Unto him be curses in the streets by the masses throughout all ages, protests without end.

cool So they took to the streets and gave the land no peace, and there was no going out or coming in throughout the kingdom for two weeks, and the king feared greatly and said to himself, surely these people shall overturn me if I answer them not.

9) So he called the head of the labourers unto the palace, and gave him bags of gold, that he mayest turn off the wrath of the people against the king.

10) So the king assembled the people and said unto them; a measure of oil shall no longer be seven scores of silver and one, but shall now be four scores of silver, one dozen and five, to this your leaders have agreed. Praise me now therefore for I am a benevolent king.

11) And after all these, the Loudspeaker of the House of People said, let us inquire into the king’s claim that there be no money in the royal treasury. So they appointed Farcrook, son of Lawal.

12) And said unto him, gather ye now all the oil sellers, that we may know who stole from the kingdom. This did him with diligence, and came back with his report saying

13) Thieves abound in the land, and so have the oil sellers stole from the people, and gave them not oil, this they did with the help of Aliyaro the king’s mistress; and the amount he mentioned was unheard of in the land.

14) When the people heard this, they were dismayed, and sorrow gripped their hearts.

15) But the oil sellers went in unto the king in his chamber, and said; rememberest thou O king that the what we stole did we make available to thy campaign, and by thus did we make you king.

16) If thou deliver us unto the people that they may punish us, we will hold not our tongue to tell the people that thou art one of us.

17) And they said unto him, how else shall we destroy the message if not to destroy the messenger? Let us therefore implicate Farcrook the son of Lawal in this matter.

18) So they sent a certain rich man from the West by the name Otedollar, and he took Farcrook into his house and gave him some money, that he may alter the report which he had set before the people.

19) And it was that Otedollar went before an assembly of the people and said unto them, trust ye this man who said we stole from the treasury? Surely he is one of us, for he came unto me in the middle of the night, and he left with his pockets full of money.

20) And the people where amazed, and their hearts bled, for Farcrook was a man in whom they had put their trust.

21) So Farcrook arose, and said; Otedollar is my briber, I did not request. He maketh me to sit down in his Maitama house; he leadeth me beside the chilled champagne.

22) He exploited my greed; he leadeth me in the path of marked dollars for subsidy’s sake.

23) Yea, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of EFCC, I will fear no arrest: for bribes are with me; my loots and my kickbacks they comfort me.

24) Thou preparest the dollars before me, in the presence of the SSS: thou anointest my mouth with wine; my pocket runneth over.

25) Surely the shame and reproach shall follow me all the days of my life, but I will dwell in the house of PDP forever and ever.

26) And the people wept, but there was no one to console them.

17 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Dfrenzy(m): 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Yes na we na, just spend one hour 4 nairaland, if you non laugh die, change my name.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by Ganys: 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
YES, Nigerian are Creatively Funny and Comically Hilarious... grin grin
Myself inclusive cool
Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by REMMEI(m): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
~Bluetooth:

E ku subsidy

That was the yoruba greeting during the subsidy palaver.

grin

like seriously,i do reply them this way " eyin na e pele ti subsidy o". . grin

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians The Most Humorous People On Earth? by tmd01: 2:06pm On Jan 29, 2013
Jarus: Even in the most calamitous of situations one thing you can't take away from Nigerians is their creative sense of humour.

You just missed one OP, "The Social Media has helped brought this out." grin grin grin Nigeria is indeed funny

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is Ma Twinny (clemnnamani) 8) / Happy Children's Day / A+ For Creativity! Hehe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.