Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Video: Real Story Of Nigeria - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Video: Real Story Of Nigeria (16978 Views)

Video: Real Mermaid Spotted On Tropical Island / Shocking Video: Real Mermaid Seen In Israel / Update On The Killing Of The Uniport Boys(the Real Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
OkparaIgbo:

You call yourself publisher and yet you hate to educate your mind and learn from history.. angry All Nigerians or at least a lot must admit the fact that they have erred and move past the stage of shying away from taking responsibility and begin to take responsibility and apologies to the offended party/parties without which till tomorrow peace would not reignand where there is no peace there will not be development QED.! undecided
oga thank you plenty plenty! NAGode. its simple no peace no progress. but most painfully, some folks here still believe in crisis and that pple must suffer.

1 Like

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by TonySpike: 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
The narrator did a fair job but lost objectivity in the histories between 1962 and 1970. For example,

1. He skipped the full accounts of what led to the Western region riots.
2. He skipped the full accounts of the scenario of the 1st bloody coup that led to the 2nd bloody coup.
3. He seem to believe that someone in the Western Region betrayed the Eastern region peoples, although, he didn't explain how.
4. He failed to capture the rationale and dynamism of Nigeria's political instability.

Nevertheless, he did a good job with the footages. Those footages are rare archives. To my understanding, the main problem with Nigeria is that no ethnic nationality is willing to be dominated by another. Therefore, I think each nationality should be given their space to operate in a confederal system. I can't blame Ahmadu Bello for saying that statement; I believe he is right to some extent. Meanwhile, the time-frame of this video isn't enough to tell the story of Nigeria. But it's worth looking at...
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by prettyboi1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
9 out of 10 Nigerians typically would rather sit & look for who to blame rather than take up responsibility,man up & look for ways to move forward. Rather than talking trash about how "many different people were merged," (for God's Sake,every single African country is made up of different tribes & ethnic groups) we should wake up to reality & leave sentiments of all kinds & biased thinking & build a great Nigeria where truth,honesty,love & respect for fellow humans & humanity lives above sentiments of affiliation to religion,ethnicity,creed or whatever. A Nigeria where justice prevails. If we Nigerians were faithful to the words of both our National anthem & pledge,our country would have been far better & so great. We need to wake up & take responsibility for our growth,development & future rather than blaming our past or people in our past. The future starts now.....what are we doing?
God Bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by cross50(m): 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
The Journey so far...if you ask me na who I go ask?.. grin
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by funkymedina: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
Dignitary: Albeit the footages and images are interesting to watch, this cannot be said to be Nigeria's history!!!

The narrator started so well but in the middle of d flick, he allowed emotions (obviously motivated by his love for a particular tribe) to over cloud historical facts!!!

For instance,how on earth can the narrator contend that Awolowo betrayed Ojukwu?

The narrator also said oil was discovered in the east prior to the civil war? Is Niger Delta part of the East ? And this was even after the narrator had stated that the mid west region had been created in 1962! I can go on and on....

*I enjoyed watching the video tho'... But when will Nigerians choose objectivity over ethnic sentiments? Apart from d obvious ethnic bias,it was well put together.

Can u explain the boldened part , are u saying Awo did not take up a position with the military Nigeria and become the highest ranking civilian in the new dictatorship?
If Niger delta is not in the east where was it?
I really want to know, not looking for an argument.. thanks

Na wa for that Ahmadu Bello or Saduana or whatever his name was ..thank God his words were captured on film for posterity and for us to really know him. He would rather employ a foreigner than Nigeiran who is not from the north!! My God, I am disgusted by that man and angry. Why was he angry about ibos being industrious ..the contempt is unbelieveable
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by funkymedina: 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
Tony Spike: The narrator did a fair job but lost objectivity in the histories between 1962 and 1970. For example,

2. He skipped the full accounts of the scenario of the 1st bloody coup that led to the 2nd bloody coup.
3. He seem to believe that someone in the Western Region betrayed the Eastern region peoples, although, he didn't explain how.
4. He failed to capture the rationale and dynamism of Nigeria's political instability.

Nevertheless, he did a good job with the footages. Those footages are rare archives. To my understanding, the main problem with Nigeria is that no ethnic nationality is willing to be dominated by another. Therefore, I think each nationality should be given their space to operate in a confederal system.[b] I can't blame Ahmadu Bello for saying that statement; I believe he is right to some extent. [/b]Meanwhile, the time-frame of this video isn't enough to tell the story of Nigeria. But it's worth looking at...

Please explain what was right about Ahmadu bello's staement and why you dont blame him ? I honestly want to know what ur thinking when u say that ..thanks ( I personally found it vile)
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by funkymedina: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
OMG! shocked Did Awolowo really do that? shocked Hold back the money of the ibos and only give them 20pounds no matter how much they had before hmm, now things are becoming clearer. Nigeria had no chance of sucess, those so called founding fathers were just full of shit !
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
Dignitary: Albeit the footages and images are interesting to watch, this cannot be said to be Nigeria's history!!!

The narrator started so well but in the middle of d flick, he allowed emotions (obviously motivated by his love for a particular tribe) to over cloud historical facts!!!

For instance,how on earth can the narrator contend that Awolowo betrayed Ojukwu?

The narrator also said oil was discovered in the east prior to the civil war? Is Niger Delta part of the East ? And this was even after the narrator had stated that the mid west region had been created in 1962! I can go on and on....

*I enjoyed watching the video tho'... But when will Nigerians choose objectivity over ethnic sentiments? Apart from d obvious ethnic bias,it was well put together.

Don't reopen this topic cause is the truth. Denying it won't change anytime and people who knows the truth will keep saying it. So close the chapter
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by donwilz(m): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2013

Oil was first found in the east, hence shell camp being first situated in Owerri, Imo state.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by funkymedina: 8:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
gboss4sure:

Don't reopen this topic cause is the truth. Denying it won't change anytime and people who knows the truth will keep saying it. So close the chapter
you havent said anything. i dont want tribal bushit just real facts , i want to learn something here
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by funkymedina: 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
donwilz: Oil was first found in the east, hence shell camp being first situated in Owerri, Imo state.
thank you, i didnt know that
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
funky medina:
you havent said anything. i dont want tribal bushit just real facts , i want to learn something here

What facts do you want and what do you want me to say to you.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Dignitary: 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
[color=#000099]
funky medina:

[color=#000000]Can u explain the boldened part , are u saying Awo did not take up a position with the military Nigeria and become the highest ranking civilian in the new dictatorship?
If Niger delta is not in the east where was it?
I really want to know, not looking for an argument.. thanks
[color=#990000]
Na wa for that Ahmadu Bello or Saduana or whatever his name was ..thank God his words were captured on film for posterity and for us to really know him. He would rather employ a foreigner than Nigeiran who is not from the north!! My God, I am disgusted by that man and angry. Why was he angry about ibos being industrious ..the contempt is unbelieveable

On question 1, Awo did take up the offer of being d federal commissioner of finance...he dreamt of a new Nigeria where Igbo's , Hausa's , Yoruba's and other ethnic groups will live in peace and prosperity. If u wanna know more,pick up a copy of his autobiography!

On 2, If Ahmadu Bello's interview got u angry, what will u say of d brazen and pompous way Nzeogwu described the way he and other
Igbo coup plotters killed Tafawa Balewa and Ahmadu Bello?

[/color][/color][/color]
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
Dignitary: [color=#000099]

[color=#000099]On question 1, Awo did take up the offer of being d federal commissioner of finance...he dreamt of a new Nigeria where Igbo's , Hausa's , Yoruba's and other ethnic groups will live in peace and prosperity. If u wanna know more,pick up a copy of his autobiography!

On 2, If Ahmadu Bello's interview got u angry, what will u say of d brazen and pompous way Nzeogwu described the way he and other

[/color][/color][/color]

Exactly, we are now living in peace, All thanks to baba awo. What a peaceful Nigeria we are enjoying. That dream must have been caused by malaria
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by proffmanue(m): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
Their English accent is far better than the way we sound today.

3 Likes

Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by funkymedina: 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Dignitary: [color=#000099]

[/color][/color][/color]
Nzeogwu almost seemed to be smiling self. Nigeria was doomed from the beginning.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by funkymedina: 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
proffmanue: Their English accent is far better than the way we sound today.
As the years went by the phonee by the leaders disappeared grin
PS Fela was too much !
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by pekelepekele(m): 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
If you have watched it kindly summarize it here . Watching a 2hrs video is not a joke when is not a Manutd vs Chelsea match
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Yujin(m): 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
The main problem of Nigeria was the Brits who wanted puppets they could easily manipulate to dominate the new empire. The Hausa/Fulanis were willing puppets for the Brits and so were favoured by the Brits. The Igbos and Yorubas new of this but the problem was 'who will bell the cat'?. Is it the Yorubas who already had so history of warfare with the Fulanis or is it the industrious Igbos who cherish freedom and progress not having been defeated by any African group in warfare? And so the coup plotters(military men from Igbo, Yoruba and others) plotted to salvage the already corrupt puppet government. Because more Igbos took part, it was termed an Igbo coup and the rest is history. This is the Nigerian story and all those who contributed in the genocide that took place are paying for it. Enjoy your Nigeria.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Revolva(m): 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
I guess I will use duoberry.com to download it straight to my mobile...and listen or I will do it from my laptop and transfer it to ma fone....I know this documentary but I don tire to dey watch all dis bunch of failed leaders
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
It is always a joy to sit down and read educating comments by educated people. You people are great, you are true nigerians. May God bless Nigeria
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by dapsonlou(m): 12:22am On Jan 30, 2013
loved it
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by lagcity(m): 1:13am On Jan 30, 2013
funky medina: OMG! shocked Did Awolowo really do that? shocked Hold back the money of the ibos and only give them 20pounds no matter how much they had before hmm, now things are becoming clearer. Nigeria had no chance of sucess, those so called founding fathers were just full of shit !

It is not true. Awo gave Ibos twenty pounds even when they couldn't prove they had money in the bank. A lot of Igbos were also unreasonable in hoping to exchange worthless Biafran pounds for Nigerian currency. Also, Awo saved all federal allocation meant for the East and gave it to the East after the war. He really did not have to do that since Biafra was technically not part of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during the three years of war.

In fact even, if we say Awo seized all Ibo funds in the back, which isn't true, all the allocation saved up for the East was tenfold the amount ibo individuals lost.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by ezotik: 2:03am On Jan 30, 2013
nigerians turning to god part of the documentary was hilarious.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 2:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Nice interesting and educative video. As a British born and bred nigerian its good to learn the history of my country
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Desola(f): 2:27am On Jan 30, 2013
The effing biased narrator lost me when he said Awolowo refused to take the west out of Nigeria because of the recent (at that time) discovery of oil. Moraforker painting Awo as a greedy sod!

Twisted effing account!

Shio kelebe twe!
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 5:50am On Jan 30, 2013
Tony Spike: The narrator did a fair job but lost objectivity in the histories between 1962 and 1970. For example,

Nevertheless, he did a good job with the footages. Those footages are rare archives. To my understanding, the main problem with Nigeria is that no ethnic nationality is willing to be dominated by another. Therefore, I think each nationality should be given their space to operate in a confederal system. I can't blame Ahmadu Bello for saying that statement; I believe he is right to some extent. Meanwhile, the time-frame of this video isn't enough to tell the story of Nigeria. But it's worth looking at...

Maybe u need to watch the video again. The publisher provided us with all there is to understand of the events and scenarios surrounding independence and its connection with Nigeria today. He majored on the the 'why', which is essential for everyone to understand where today's Nigeria has her roots.

No need to dive in deep to tell us how someone was shot.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by AfroBlue(m): 6:05am On Jan 30, 2013
Thanks for posting Op

NL members around the globe were begging to view this doc.

A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Βουκέφαλος(m)

https://www.nairaland.com/1121751/documentary-real-story-nigeria
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by Tare55(m): 6:38am On Jan 30, 2013
And for those who prefer a rapidshare link

http://rapidshare.com/files/3577924078/REAL%20STORY%20OF%20NIGERIA%20-%20YouTube.FLV

File size is about 620MB. I think its worth having, if only for historical reasons.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by TonySpike: 7:39am On Jan 30, 2013
CGKing:

Maybe u need to watch the video again. The publisher provided us with all there is to understand of the events and scenarios surrounding independence and its connection with Nigeria today. He majored on the the 'why', which is essential for everyone to understand where today's Nigeria has her roots.

No need to dive in deep to tell us how someone was shot.

I still insist the narrator and the publisher(s) skipped a whole lot of important details; I don't know his reason(s) anyway. You see, the chain of events that ruined this country were triggered by the political struggles between 1960 and 1965. I expected him to give a good account of the transactions within this period. Having read widely on Nigerian history, the video seem to make me believe that the publishers went a little bit sentimental in their presentation. Just my observation...
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 8:11am On Jan 30, 2013
From what I have heard and learnt from this wonderful piece, Nigeria will not remain one country.

I love Nigeria and I loved it. I remember those days. But it's obvious Nigeria was never a dream. It was a set up for profit with the creators not minding the major differences between the people of the regions brought together to form this state. After many years, nothing has changed, the main tribes still believe they are superior over one another and they still carry the same sentiments of yester years. The Yorubas are still indifferent and are ready to follow anyone anywhere, the north still believe leadership is their right. The igbos still hurt. Politicians are still wrecking havoc on the nation and the misuse of public resources is still going on. An even worse new threat to unity has come, religious violence and the silent, strategic attempt to Islamize Nigeria. Worse still is, the split is in everyone' s mind, either consciously or subconsciously.

The only reason why this split hasn't taken place already is because Nigerians have become lazy and have also allowed themselves to be conditioned by fear and repression of the past years.

Sadly, that split which laziness has prevented these years will inevitably come, by the same laziness.
Re: Video: Real Story Of Nigeria by CGKing(m): 8:25am On Jan 30, 2013
Tony Spike:

I still insist the narrator and the publisher(s) skipped a whole lot of important details; I don't know his reason(s) anyway. You see, the chain of events that ruined this country were triggered by the political struggles between 1960 and 1965. I expected him to give a good account of the transactions within this period. Having read widely on Nigerian history, the video seem to make me believe that the publishers went a little bit sentimental in their presentation. Just my observation...

U might want to say that but probably because he may have confronted what u once believed so fondly. But I don't think so. Every Nigerian will be sentimental on the issues concerning Nigeria. Except u were trying to say biased. Then I would ask, biased to whom I particular? Because he discussed the mistakes and the success of each tribe. For instance, Iv Always respected Ahmadu bello. what he said in his interview, nothing reveals and decisive and hateful of one another we are. I can't believe he'd talk like that to the world. Also, I can't believe awolowo would accept a position from a military govt. it all just shows that our selfishnesses today was with us from the beginning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence / Video Of The Story Of The Boy Rescued From Sealed Wall In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.