Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings (25900 Views)

Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures / Are Kelvin Okafor's Portraits Fake? / Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by blackbeau1(f): 7:27am On Jan 31, 2013
Amazing.he's got talent.he looks like a drawing himself.so handsome
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2013
Wow! I am in love with anything art & this guy has just blown me off my feet.

Kelvin's got some serious talent! Whew!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Ivynwa(f): 7:32am On Jan 31, 2013
black_beau: Amazing.he's got talent.he looks like a drawing himself.so handsome

There she goes-----Hey! take it easy while you fall for him, don't go tripping all over yourself grin grin kiss
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Jalal(m): 7:36am On Jan 31, 2013
Amazing!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Turbocharged: 7:39am On Jan 31, 2013
Guy, u get problem wey only you fit solve for yourself. Stop this blame game and pick up from where u stopped. If not, the next is to add Nairalanders to your blame list.

Dfrenzy: My parents eh, oh G :Pod!!! Nigeria eh, damn!!! When i was a kid eh, come see talents: drawing, writing, singing etc. But, as tym goes on, parents keep forcing you to be serious with your studies n 4get all this childishness 4 now, dat later on when u are done with school n start to work u can waste your own money in all dis your childish rubbish. Then finally, u get to b on your own n they start to tell u, wat are u doing o? Didn't u see felix, your childhood friend has married n now has two children? Don't grow up o, be wasting your tym n money to play around o. Then, der's d bad leadership problem, leaders who don't want d youths to survive. Instead of creating recreational centres, skills acquisition centres n what have u, na lie. Dem go buy guns n bomb give us. What am i saying? We have lots of dat same talents in this country but d unenabling environment is killing us. I bet u, if he had being in 9ja u would not have know him, u dey der dey die 4 am, painter non dey your street? Mtcheeew
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by mascot87(m): 7:40am On Jan 31, 2013
nne3870: Is he still single? I can draw too you know, the two of us can make a wonderful couple....

Don't quote me o cheesy
You dont need to go far,we can be the greatest couples ever with the combination of ur art work with mine, we can rule the world sweety. see what i've got....... will u b mine sad

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 31, 2013
gluv01: Wow...this is wonderful

A series of pencil drawings by a north London artist has been amazing art critics.

Kelvin Okafor, from Tottenham, has scooped a number of national awards and exhibited art galleries across the country.

The 27-year-old Middlesex University Fine Art graduate's drawings are often mistaken for photographs.

Sarah Harris reports.

He is from Nigeria but stays in Tottenham. His art works are usually mistaken for photos. Fantastic art works. One of his art work or any is sold for £10,000 which is approximately #265,000 in Nigerian currency. That is the minimum amount especially depending on who or what he is painting. If he is to paint the queen of England it should be a higher amount. And to the surprise of people, his work sells quickly and to a lot of people. Very profitable I must say. cheesy (hehehehe ...these yankee babes go start wetin them sabi now, he'll look more attractive to them now. Wish he was my bf, just kidding o please.)
Meet Kelvin Okafor, an amazing artist whose drawings most people insist are photographs.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/968098_KO6_jpeg66ff5d063f3c6a2634c876fd4baec0a8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/968099_KO7_jpeg477856c5929dcb79e5cfb2466110419d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/968100_KO3_jpeg2c31c7341dbddc3ae78033d3553715b5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/968101_KO8_jpege46138e31da80c44987556a9c9116108

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LlSb-6DuIQ

view more of his work:

facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelvin-Okafor-Art/109909719036016
twitter - @kelvinokaforart
blog - http://kelvinokaforart..com
youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/Kokaforart
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21234214

Wow!! This is great!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by KINGwax(m): 7:41am On Jan 31, 2013
Ejiné:

Bros... I got this from your site:

These caricatures, I really don't know what to call sha...

Your "Don Jazzy" looks more like Dr Dre

Your 'Omotola' looks like Kerry Washington

Your "Genevieve" looks more like Grace Jones

and your 'DBanj'? OMG

But hey, atleast the Ruggedman and 9ice caricatures are on point cool
but seriously, u are a great deterrent. people around u shld be very careful to discuss theor dreams wit u

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2013
gluv01:
Lmao....chei, iyaf laff my belle out o, because i said I wish he was my bf cheesy...i haven't seen ur work so how am i to conclude that indeed u can...show me what u've got. Or better still do u mind giving me a portrait of myself? kiss
I'll draw you.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2013
IT TAKES LOTS OF PRACTICE AND HARDWORK 2 ACHIEVE THIS. BIG UPS THIS IS TRUE TALENT
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by 76Naira(m): 7:50am On Jan 31, 2013
Genius!!!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by pak: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2013
Shollypopz: The Rhianna's pic is a drawing?! I need to show my friend this, what number of pencil did he use for her jeans? Are u sure a Lil "editing" is not involved??

I'll go with you on this. This guy is soooooooooo good, it gets too good to be true.

This is the most amazing talent I've seen in years
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 31, 2013
OMG! this is incredibly unbelievable, wow this guy is a maestro! a confirmed master of arts. infact God bless you. i love the art.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by omosexy1: 8:05am On Jan 31, 2013
Arin777: Pleasevavoid 'Safe Forte Investments Limited', Cairo Street, Opposite Diamond Bank, Wuse 2, Abuja.mThis is a criminal enterprise, a 419 business. Please do not go near these people. Once your money gets into their system, you will struggle to get it all back. They collect your money and use some to settle their old debts then you have to wait for them to get another maga whose funds they'll use to settle some of your own indebtedness. They will never pay you in full except Heaven helps you.

The owner, Mr. Adesola Adesola is as fraudulent as they come.

Please avoid these three numbers as much as possible:

A. 08103951616
B. 08023321292
C. 08037865525

Please stay safe. Don't deal with these fraudsters.

If your allegations are true, report them to EFCC

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by omosexy1: 8:09am On Jan 31, 2013
I really do not know what to say. I just feel the drawings were scanned impressions because of the accuracy. If they were drawings, the guy is truly blessed.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Emmanueledu(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2013
Nice works man!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by sayso: 8:24am On Jan 31, 2013
265,000.00k for one art work.That is very amazing.
Congrats bro.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2013
this is beautifully beautiful. Reminds of this 19yr old girl, Akiane Kramaric
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Rocktation(f): 8:38am On Jan 31, 2013
redcliff:

No, no no. Don't get me wrong. I'm saying that he's so good that it would be hard to differntiate his work from a coloured picture converted to grayscale.

Oh forgive that! Got carried away by the level of cynicism I get from this very section. embarassed
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by stankezzy: 8:42am On Jan 31, 2013
sayso: 265,000.00k for one art work.That is very amazing.
Congrats bro.
the calculation is wrong it shuld be 2.6million.
1£=260
10000=?
10000x260=2,600,000
2.6 mills

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Exponental(m): 8:46am On Jan 31, 2013
If all I just saw are not shots but drawings, then, he must be a genius.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 31, 2013
Akiane Kramarik was born in Mount Morris,
Illinois to a Lithuanian mother and an
American father. She is homeschooled.
She is primarily a self-taught painter.
However, she states that God has given her the visions and abilities to create her artwork, which is unusual for her family, considering both her parents were atheists at the time (they later converted to
Christianity on account of Kramarik's
paintings and visions). Kramarik started
drawing at the age of four, advancing to
painting at six, and writing poetry at seven.
Her first completed self-portrait sold for US$
10,000. A portion of the money
generated from sales is donated by
Kramarik to charities. According to
Kramarik, her art is inspired by her visions of heaven, and her personal connection with God. Kramarik's art depicts life, landscape, and people.
At the age of 10, she appeared on The
Oprah Winfrey Show and at the age of 12, on CNN.
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by stankezzy: 8:51am On Jan 31, 2013
scopusng: Story.All fake.
which of the story,is it the heaven story or the artist,anyway sinners are always afraid.come close to great men that believed in God nd u will see it ,with out doubt
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by TonySpike: 9:06am On Jan 31, 2013
Interesting works, Kelvin. Not too long ago, I was aspiring to be like you but I'm now a full professional in an amazing field of Engineering. The skill and passion I see in Kelvin require hardwork, patience, practice and innovation. Trust me, I've been there before, although, my painting and drawing skills have now been relegated to the background. Bravo Kelvin!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by neksummi(m): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2013
This is just brilliant!
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Ozonna(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2013
If these are real drawings, then i am sure Mr Kevin has joined the infamous illuminati cheesy cheesy cheesy. His works are out of this world
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by emilyone(f): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2013
that guy is nothing but a genius
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Rooneyboy(m): 9:32am On Jan 31, 2013
beautiful drawings, but do have a friend that is way better .
Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by stankezzy: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2013
emilyone: that guy is nothing but a genus
what you wrote means fool in aramic,rather he is a genius

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by Jman3(m): 9:40am On Jan 31, 2013
"A man who wakes up a success has not been asleep". He must have had a flair for drawing as a child and continued with his passion. further,his parents must have supported him whole-heartedly in his passion. We have all had such passions as children (painting, athletics, playing a classical instrument, dress making, tending garden, cookin etc). Sadly, its either our parents didn't support us or the reality of everyday struggle to survive/feed/pay bills/have a 'responsible job' robbed us of chances to focus on them. Kevin is a very happy man. He isn't working...he is enjoying his passion...and making a ton of money!

1 Like

Re: Kelvin Okafor's Truly Amazing Drawings by stankezzy: 9:43am On Jan 31, 2013
emilyone: that guy is nothing but a genius

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Paintings / Amazing 3-D Pencil Sketches That Literally Leap Off The Pages / 10 Famous Ghost Pictures And Their Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.