Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) (5452 Views)

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
How do you know that your Pastor is preaching and teaching the Truth ?

Your Pastor is not the final authority on the word of GOD, if you pray and have doubts in your heart about certain doctrines and teachings in your church, call a meeting with the pastor and let him know your thoughts.

If he is a true MAN of God with humility he will listen to you , and indulge both of you in an exposition of scripture with prayer.

This is not my experience, my experience has been as follows :

- our church is the true church
- People hate us because we are preachers of holiness
- If you leave this church , you have almost 'lost your salvation' and were not part of us to begin with , hence your going out.
- The Pastor is the angel of the church and your spiritual coveting.

These are all false as you would agree.

Pastors should be honored and respected , but they are not GOD , they should point you to Christ , not take the place of Christ in your life. You must listen to what GOD has to say directly to avoid deception , but this will not come easy. It will come with repentance, prayer and diligent bible study.

We are all brethren , the pastor can learn from us and vice versa. I have had cases of Pastors look down on members of their congregation as babes , because after all what do they know about God, they were just born again yesterday. The irony of this misconception is that , in many cases it is these fresh newly born again children who hear from God directly ( example boy Samuel ) , until they are either abused or corrupted by the false church system and lose their vitality.

We even know many Pastors on Nairaland ( Mercy be on their congregations ) who preach false doctrine leading their sheep astray.

We have a fight to fight and that is for the TRUTH , the TRUTH is not in a physical church or ministry , or a Pastor or Overseer or Reverend, the truth is JESUS CHRIST , when you find him, spend time with him and love him, if you do so , your wisdom might even exceed that of Solomon.

Every tradition, doctrine and teaching MUST be thoroughly scrutinized by the word of GOD , and no one can do this for you, you must prayerfully do it with the collaboration of a few God fearing and humble brethren.

We are in the last days, deception is deep, God is not going to accept your excuse on the last day , when you say your church or pastor deceived you, it will not cut with him.

Pastors are not your GOD , when they ask you to fast for 50 days, ask them why , what for and how this aligns with the bible , when they see visions or dreams from GOD for you, ask them how it aligns with the word of GOD , do some study prayerfully and come to your conclusions. When they split families by pitting husband against wife , giving wrong advice and controlling our family , challenge them with humility.

Follow JESUS, Fear GOD , honor the Brethren,

Peace and end of rant smiley

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by ijawkid(m): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel:
Pastors are not your GOD , when they ask you to fast for 50 days, ask them why , what for and how this aligns with the bible , when they see visions or dreams from GOD for you, ask them how it aligns with the word of GOD , do some study prayerfully and come to your conclusions.

The bolded got me laughing so hard.............lol.........

Good write up.......
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by Omexonomy: 8:17am On Jan 30, 2013
ijawkid:

The bolded got me laughing so hard.............lol.........

Good write up.......
at least frosbel might be right this time in my area where i live their ar so many churches with different doctrine that does not add up. Why is that so people should start asking their pastors serious questions
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by Zikkyy(m): 8:43am On Jan 30, 2013
"My Pastor or God , Who Should I Listen To ?"

For the regular church goer, i will say listen to your pastor jare smiley after all that's one of the reason you are in church; to hear your pastor preach wink
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by christemmbassey(m): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
@Frosbel, the Nigerian christian is too selfish to listen to God God will tell him work so that you can have to help others while pastor will tell him, anyman that doesnt smile at you must die. So judge for urself, who the man will listen to. My brother the pastor still holds the key, i wish we can make the pastors to understand the weight of their responsibilities.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by italo: 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
For we Catholics, the teachings of the Church are the teachings of God, so there is no need to choose one and leave the other.

The only time we would refuse what a Priest says (when he is trying to teach) is when he has strayed from the teachings of the Church.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by christemmbassey(m): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
italo: For we Catholics, the teachings of the Church are the teachings of God, so there is no need to choose one and leave the other.

The only time we would refuse what a Priest says (when he is trying to teach) is when he has strayed from the teachings of the Church.
pls who is the church?
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by christemmbassey(m): 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
@ italo, so you will listen to ur church instead of God?
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by PastorKun(m): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
italo: For we Catholics, the teachings of the Church are the teachings of God, so there is no need to choose one and leave the other.

So it's God that thought you to be worshipping Mary, SMH.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
this italo man sef! Is it that ur blind or deaf. The word of God is the ultimate and not that of the church. The doctrine of the catholic church is man made...how can u say u trust in the doctrine of the church, is the doctrine of the church the same as the bible? Huhh!!...

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by Boomark(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
we obey God rather than men.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by Boomark(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2013

I thought this my friend must have changed by now.

Infact there are many strayed teachings of your church which you are practicing happily because you believe so much in men than God.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by italo: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2013
christemmbassey: pls who is the church?

The Catholic Church.

christemmbassey: @ italo, so you will listen to ur church instead of God?

In matters of doctrine, the teachings of the Church are the teachings of God. So we don't choose The Church instead of God, rather, in listening to the Church, we listen to God.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by italo: 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The Church doesn't teach us to worship Mary...so you should be "shaking your head" at your ignorance.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
^^

It is obvious that your church is an idol to you.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by italo: 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
EMILO2STAY: this italo man sef! Is it that ur blind or deaf. The word of God is the ultimate and not that of the church. The doctrine of the catholic church is man made...how can u say u trust in the doctrine of the church, is the doctrine of the church the same as the bible? Huhh!!...

Yes, the doctrine of the Church is the same as the doctrine of the Bible.

...And it is the Catholic Church that created the Bible in the 4th century and declared it the word of God.

The word of the Church is the word of God.

So the right adjective is "stupid," not "blind" or "deaf"...and it seems to belong in your corner.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by italo: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2013
Boomark:
Infact there are many strayed teachings of your church which you are practicing happily because you believe so much in men than God.

You are not in the position to tell me who I believe in.

...Except you have become God almighty, who sees the heart of men.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by italo: 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
frosbel: ^^
It is obvious that your church is an idol to you.

"Obvious"...in your anti-Catholic opinion.

Thankfully, your opinion doesn't count.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by TableLeg(m): 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
Tell your pastor to go hell ... God is all you need, you dont need any so called man of God or pastor to tell you what is wrong or right
You should pick up your bible and read ... then apply it!
You pastor is not any special than you!!!
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
italo:

...And it is the Catholic Church that created the Bible in the 4th century and declared it the word of God.

So the right adjective is "stupid," not "blind" or "deaf"...and it seems to belong in your corner.

The catholic church is a 'w.hore' and counterfeit wink

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by truthislight: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
italo:

corner.

what do you really mean by that ^^^?

This are the assumptions that have destroyed many peoples faith.

I hope you are not meaning to say that the writings of the apostles of christ that makes up the NT are now the product of the catholic church?

Because that will be a lie since the writings of the NT are writings of the apostles.

Please, watch it, dont drag the bible on that tangent.

The bible is made up of OT and NT, so, i dont know what you are talking about.
Peace
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by italo: 8:17am On Feb 01, 2013
frosbel:

I could say the same about your wife...but would it make her that?
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by italo: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2013
truthislight:
what do you really mean by that ^^^?

This are the assumptions that have destroyed many peoples faith.

I hope you are not meaning to say that the writings of the apostles of christ that makes up the NT are now the product of the catholic church?

Because that will be a lie since the writings of the NT are writings of the apostles.

Please, watch it, dont drag the bible on that tangent.

The bible is made up of OT and NT, so, i dont know what you are talking about.
Peace

My friend, don't expose gross ignorance in public.

There was nothing called "Bible" until the Catholic Church created it and named it so in the 4th century.

I know it is deeply embarassing for you non-Catholics that what you hold as the sole and final authority of faith and doctrine was created and given that authority by the authority of the Catholic Church... But the truth must be told.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by christemmbassey(m): 8:48am On Feb 01, 2013
The RCC may have been the problem of christianity in the days goneby, but today 'penticostals' are trying to kill christianity by their selfish-stomach inspired teachings, so pls lets leave the RCC alone . The war is - preach the Gospel, thats the only way to set the ppl free. Leave darkness just put-on the light.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by plappville(f): 9:20am On Feb 01, 2013
Some Pastors implant fear in their members, that is, the lazy ones that have no time to truely befriend their God. That's why They Put their pastors in position of God. I have rebuked a friend in FB. Her prifile reads....THANK YOU DADDY BLABLABLA FOR MAKING ME WHAT IAM TODAY. shocked with the picture of the pastor... shocked I was like..what is going on in the minds of people that they can replace God with a fellow man shocked. I gave her a verse and she withdrew her statue. I am sure she judged herself with the scripture I gave her. What am i talking about? I think Frosbel's has done well. Respect a MOG But never place them in your heart. This Is Idoletry. May God open our eyes.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by plappville(f): 9:23am On Feb 01, 2013
frosbel:

I think the Roman catholic church is mixing up everything. They can't figure out which Simon found that Church. It is so easy to identify which because the church doctrine/practice alone tells.
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by plappville(f): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2013
italo:

So the right adjective is "stupid," not "blind" oro "deaf"...and it seems to belong in your corner.
Was there this Catholic during the apostles? HOW were they able to preach without the Bible? How did the Catholic got the words in the Bible'? From a source? Which?
Re: My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) by plappville(f): 9:30am On Feb 01, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Italo says the church doctrine is in the bible, yet this contradicts her claim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Does Not Exist: This Is The Proof ! / The Gospel Has Already Been Preached To The Whole World / Homosexuality: They May Not Be Hurting Anyone, But They Are Hurting The Environ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.