Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters (12639 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by LocalChamp: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
Another Boko Haram Figure Speaks, Ruling Out Dialogue With Nigeria Gov’t

By SaharaReporters, New York
SaharaReporters has obtained an audio interview of a man, identified as Mujhahedeen Muhammad Marwana, who claims to be the second-in-command to Boko Haram leader Imam Abubakar Shekau, conducted in Hausa by phone in Bauchi State, by a foreign journalist.

In it, Marwana speaks authoritatively about meetings between members of his group and some top Northerners, including Governor Sule Lamido, former Minister of Defence Bello Halliru, and Sheik Dahiru Bauchi. The translation, into English, did not provide any context to those meetings.

According to the source which made the tape available, the interview was broadcast yesterday, January 28, but it is unclear when it was conducted and where it was broadcast. Translated into English, the interview shows Marwana dispelling any possible dialogue with the militants because the government has allegedly killed 47 Boko Haram emissaries in dialogue efforts that have never seen the light of day.

In the interview, Marwanna also explained Boko Haram’s predicament in Kano, stating that four principal members of their group are being “unjustly” held there and must first be released as a pre-condition for any future developments. He indicated that there are others also being held in Abuja, Maiduguri and other locations in the North.

He told his interviewer: “Many people have called us for dialogue many times but the government is fooling itself, thinking they are clever but [are] deceiving themselves. They are insisting they don’t know us, it is false, we have met their representatives many times but because of their evil plan they kept denying [us] because of their greed and wickedness.”

Marwana also reiterated that Boko Haram is following Allah’s instruction to serve him and that his group is not attacking anyone unjustly.
He asked: “Before they attack us, have you ever see us attacking them and their cronies from the beginning? Even pressmen we have no problem with them except where there were some plots,” he said.

Apparently on the subject of treachery on the part of the government, he recalled “the first meeting” following the execution of former Boko Haram leader Mohammed Yusuf in Maiduguri.

“We were six in Shehu’s Palace,” he recalled. “From there we were 40 that met in Damaturu and only three of us survived. We went to Kaduna and met in Arewa House; of 11 of us, 10 were killed by special squad of security agencies around Tafa on Abuja way, with all these, who is a cheat and want trouble? We sat with Governor Sule Lamido, former minister of defence, Bello Halliru and Sheik Dahiru Bauchi, this is what we want our Muslim Ummah to know.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/another-boko-haram-figure-speaks-ruling-out-dialogue-nigeria-gov%E2%80%99t
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by patriciajames(f): 12:13am On Jan 30, 2013
Uhmmm,niger
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by teskyg: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2013
How can they release your brothers who unjustly murder many Innocent Nigerians?

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by 2bosun: 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
I always knew this guys were never serious, they're just a political tool in the hands of some Northerners. We need to continue crushing these criminals. No dialogue with terrorists angry

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Ikengawo: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
This boko haramists are simply sore losers. They're trying to act like the nigerian government is just randomly attacking them. It's a lie, the declared war on Nigeria 24 hrs before Yar adua went in and started shooting the hell out of them.

this is all internal northern politics. Whomever is behind boko haram is an enemy of Yar Adua, he also knew of this groups existence and potential for violence before they even declared it hence he was able to react quickly and pin point their leader, location, and membership. If we want to know more about the group we need to study Yar'Adua's enemies. I know that he exiled El Rufai and threatened to kill him if he returned to Nigeria.

this is why i don't want a northern president. Their politics are seldom void of blood and deep hatred/rivalry. Sadly it will never go away, they know no other way and anyone that does know another way has to compete with killers that don't.

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by thaoriginator: 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
Who be this one again?
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by babamu123(m): 12:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
Who is saying the truth now?.....
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by goodmike7: 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
Noise maker

GEJ will crush all of you soon

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Chamber10(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
That so called Boko haram spokes-person should go and find legitimate job and get busy. Na joblessness dey worry him ni.
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
LocalChamp:

He told his interviewer: “Many people have called us for dialogue many times but the government is fooling itself, thinking they are clever but [are] deceiving themselves. They are insisting they don’t know us, it is false, we have met their representatives many times but because of their evil plan they kept denying [us] because of their greed and wickedness.”

hmmm....now this got me thinking very hard! is there something the Federal Government is not telling us?
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Gentlepapi(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
U mean 9ja government ve met wif u pple hw come we were nt aware of the meetings #CONFUSED# who is foooling who?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by olempe(m): 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
Smh...
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Sagytarius(m): 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2013
His story affirms that JTF is really smokin' them. More power bullets to your elbow guns, JTF.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by ceejay80s(m): 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2013
So i wasted my 99kb worth of internet bandwith to view this boko rubbish news?
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by olempe(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
babamu123: Who is saying the truth now?.....

I wonder Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Ola0711: 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
OMG! See what islam has brought...why always ISLAM?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Sagytarius(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
ceejay80s: .
don't worry, we know you made the 1st page. Go n think on what to write, we're waiting.
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by sharubutu(m): 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
4get dialogue. eti won si koto joor.
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by ceejay80s(m): 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
I'm waiting for somebody tn quote the whole long story again b4 he or she makes a useless comment
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Bigflamie(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
This boko haram to me is really a complicated issue to be addressed, cos I don't even know the
one to believe, whether its political, Alquaeda terrorism or Islamic
extremist trying to islamize the northern Nigeria.O dikwa egwu
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Achieverbaba: 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ola0711: OMG! See what islam has brought...why always ISLAM?

Fool! Must u blame everything on religion?

" I am a Muslim, my religion is perfect but i'm not, for every mistakes nd atrocities i commit, i should sincerely be held responsible for it nd not my religion" thank u

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by cashkid: 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
berem: hmmm....now this got me thinking very hard! is there something the Federal Government is not telling us?
before nko?
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by tomakint: 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2013
berem: hmmm....now this got me thinking very hard! is there something the Federal Government is not telling us?
a lot my dear

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
F.G is dealing with them by calling them in the guise of dialogue and obliterating the losers one by one. Yes,there is no dialogue and there would never be...

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by confusion247(m): 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
Northerners should tell us why and what they benefit from all this their unnecessary killings. All this stories of dialogue between federal government and boko haram is an evidence that Jonathan have failed as a president. No responsible government will ever contemplate of dialogue with terrorists. It is a shame that northerners wine and dine with boko haram members.
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by tomakint: 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
Achieverbaba:

Fool! Must u blame everything on religion?

" I am a Muslim, my religion is perfect but i'm not, for every mistakes nd atrocities i commit, i should sincerely be held responsible for it nd not my religion" thank u
Stop that nonsense your religion is not!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by nnalove(m): 1:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
hmmmm i gaze u have a point here.
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Kslib(m): 1:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
LocalChamp:

He told his interviewer: “Many people have called us for dialogue many times but the government is fooling itself, thinking they are clever but [are] deceiving themselves. They are insisting they don’t know us, it is false, we have met their representatives many times
Do you know that this statement alone should send top government officials to life in prison if only we value lives in this country..
LocalChamp: The
Marwana also reiterated that Boko Haram is following Allah’s instruction to serve him and that his group is not attacking anyone unjustly.

A think una don see am... Wey dat muslim girl wey dey create topic about JIHAD that other day,abeg make she con see wetin her islamic scholars dey talk oh
.. After person go con dey tell me say "islam is a religion of peace"..
Mathematically....
Boko haram= allah's loyal servants
Allah= loves destruction
Religion= islam
Therefore.. Boko haram + allah + islam = 3 in one.. OMO SEE COMBO..
So xtians no be only una get blessed trinity oh.. Muslims sef get their own too..

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by Hadone(m): 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by kalunomics(m): 1:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
now why would a government negotiate with terrorist in the first place. I never liked or supported the idea. Morever, if they want to negotiate, their demands will still be based on th 'boko haram' idea which is not obtainable in a country with multi religious groups
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by bestower: 1:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
Who is fooling who? boko haram fooling federal govt,federal govt fooling the citizens,i like this nollywood film.cross my finger.
Re: Boko-Haram Rules Out Dialogue With FG - SaharaReporters by kalunomics(m): 1:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
now why would a government negotiate with terrorist in the first place. I never liked or supported the idea. Morever, if they want to negotiate, their demands will still be based on the 'boko haram' idea which is not obtainable in a country with multi religious groups. So, negotiation is not adviceable in any way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Use Sukuk For Infrastructural Funding / Tinubu's Phone Number / FG To Flood Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta With Security Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.