Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,614 members, 7,770,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

Iran Launches Monkey Into Space - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Launches Monkey Into Space (8308 Views)

Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. / Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store / China Sends Unmanned Craft(shenzhou 8)into Space To Dock With Tiangong1 Module (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by onuleo(m): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2013

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran said on Monday it had launched a live monkey into space, seeking to show off missile systems that have alarmed the West because the technology could potentially be used to deliver a nuclear warhead.

The Defense Ministry announced the launch as world powers sought to agree a date and venue with Iran for resuming talks to resolve a standoff with the West over Tehran's contested nuclear program before it degenerates into a new Middle East war.

Efforts to nail down a new meeting have failed repeatedly and the powers fear Iran is exploiting the diplomatic vacuum to hone the means to produce nuclear weapons.

The Islamic Republic denies seeking weapons capability and says it seeks only electricity from its uranium enrichment so it can export more of its considerable oil wealth.

The powers have proposed new talks in February, a spokesman for the European Union's foreign policy chief said on Monday, hours after Russia urged all concerned to "stop behaving like children" and commit to a meeting.

Iran earlier in the day denied media reports of a major explosion at one of its most sensitive, underground enrichment plants, describing them as Western propaganda designed to influence the nuclear talks.

The Defence Ministry said the space launch of the monkey coincided "with the days of" the Prophet Mohammad's birthday, which was last week, but gave no date, according to a statement carried by the official news agency IRNA.

The launch was "another giant step" in space technology and biological research "which is the monopoly of a few countries", the statement said.

The small grey monkey was pictured strapped into a padded seat and being loaded into the Kavoshgar rocket dubbed "Pishgam" (Pioneer) which state media said reached a height of more than 120 km (75 miles).

"This shipment returned safely to Earth with the anticipated speed along with the live organism," Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi told the semi-official Fars news agency. "The launch of Kavoshgar and its retrieval is the first step towards sending humans into space in the next phase."

There was no independent confirmation of the launch.

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-launches-monkey-space-showing-missile-progress-003037176.html

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nightshift(m): 11:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
onuleo: Christains would surely call this part of endtime. But it is actualy true that the islamic republic of iran sent a monkey into space. Source http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21230691
Old USSR did it in the 60s; not the first time a monkey was sent to the space . However , the West is not amused , but they still believe Iran has no capability to send a human to the space successfully yet. My take : a new rat-race to the space might be in the offing soon. India, North Korean , China and perhaps Iran are all interested in challenging the old space masters(U.S and Russia) to the game. When will Nigeria represent the black race in space adventure ?

3 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by onuleo(m): 12:04am On Jan 30, 2013
Nightshift: Old USSR did it in the 60s; not the first time a monkey was sent to the space . However , the West is not amused , but they still believe Iran has no capability to send a human to the space successfully yet. My take : a new rat-race to the space might be in the offing soon. India, North Korean , China and perhaps Iran are all interested in challenging the old space masters(U.S and Russia) to the game. When will Nigeria represent the black race in space adventure ?
mosquitos or rat(mouse) whc 1 shld jona send? Since all na spy. We both knw hw gud our mosquitos are in dat field. N no litle shld b said of our house rats
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by NegroNtns(m): 12:13am On Jan 30, 2013
Ngodigha,

congrats! so, which one of your protege is on this shuttle?

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by onuleo(m): 6:18am On Jan 30, 2013
Negro_Ntns: Ngodigha,

congrats! so, which one of your protege is on this shuttle?
oshea!
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
Op, what has christians got to do with this.

Is it not a standard practise to send animal into space?

Looooooooong Hisssss
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by slimming: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
Another strategy to boom the west.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
ok, they're first to send an animal to space, what next?
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by bigfat01: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
[size=25pt]how very nice[/size]... grin
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by staaari: 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
ok, they're first to send an animal to space, what next?

--

they are making progress while Jona battles with Oil Subsidy

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Areaboy2(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
Don't believe everything you see/read on the internet undecided
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by TableLeg(m): 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
Wonderful ... So a bloody monkey gets to go to space before me angry

2 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by HAH: 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
Despite the sanctions this people are still doing well to the extend of sending monkey to space and building nuclear power all home grown, while here in Naija with all the aid and support from the west we cannot invent even I pass my neigbour generator.

4 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
Isn't this some sort of animal rights' violation? grin
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by skak(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2013
this is a great progress.... Kudos to Ahmaddinajad

4 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by tbaba1234: 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2013
HAH: Despite the sanctions this people are still doing well to the extend of sending monkey to space and building nuclear power all home grown, while here in Naija with all the aid and support from the west we cannot invent even I pass my neigbour generator.

Foreign aid is actually an impediment to growth, foreign aid means foreign interests as well. Sometimes, we have to think about what is best for Nigeria instead of collecting hand-outs.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by ichommy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Table Leg :

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
Despite al d American engineered n illegal sanctions n propagandas on d country because dey r standing against western hegemony, d country is stil developing...God ll surely b on d side of dose dat stand 4 truth n justice. Instead of making comments on hw to develop dis country by getting rid of dis our satanic corrupt leaders, som fools ll stil b arguing on religion...does d religion of d person in power provide food for u n ur family?

6 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Burger01(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
Countries are sending People to space, Iran is sending monkey to space. hmmmm..
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
Chai, I am pitying the monkey. Wetin the poor monkey do them naw grin.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by MOREWLL: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
To conduct monkey research or what? When millions of their people are dieing of hunger and man made wars.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
HAH: Despite the sanctions this people are still doing well to the extend of sending monkey to space and building nuclear power all home grown, while here in Naija with all the aid and support from the west we cannot invent even I pass my neigbour generator.
Na wash.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Kslib(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
Of all the animals,na monkey dem see to send abi?? Isnt this racism.. #just kidding...
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by HAH: 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
MOREWLL: To conduct monkey research or what? When millions of their people are dieing of hunger and man made wars.

Who told you iran is hungry my friend google is your friend,search then you will know how good that country is. There par capita income is $13000 while of Nigeria is $1400

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Walexy96: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2013
Lols
Table Leg :
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
poor monkey,so scared for its life...eyah
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Clemzy16(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
Okay. . . Iran launched a monkey to space. What next?!

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Kolababa: 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
WHEN IT IS THE TURN OF CORRUPTION RIVALRY, THEY SHOULD PLEASE INVITE NIGERIA. I PROMISE, WE WILL BEAT THEM ALL.
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Bushdoctor1: 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
This is really a rat race, just like great Bob Marley rightly sang but the problem with iran advancing up to such height in technology is their ability to use it rightfully without stepping on the toes of other countries/world powers
Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by abdul4new(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
lordnoah: Despite al d American engineered n illegal sanctions n propagandas on d country because dey r standing against western hegemony, d country is stil developing...God ll surely b on d side of dose dat stand 4 truth n justice. Instead of making comments on hw to develop dis country by getting rid of dis our satanic corrupt leaders, som fools ll stil b arguing on religion...does d religion of d person in power provide food for u n ur family?
thank u my brother for this truth.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by abdul4new(m): 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
tbaba1234:

Foreign aid is actually an impediment to growth, foreign aid means foreign interests as well. Sometimes, we have to think about what is best for Nigeria instead of collecting hand-outs.
tbaba1234:

tbaba1234:

how i wish nigeria can also send rat to space lol

1 Like

Re: Iran Launches Monkey Into Space by Blackteeth(m): 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
I hope the monkey came back oh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Last Picture Of Adolf Hitler Before His Death. / Oscar Pistorius Granted Permission To Travel Abroad / South Africa Launches Mandela Bank Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.