Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

I Believe In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Believe In Nigeria (710 Views)

I Believe In PDP, Jonathan, Will Never Join APC – Orubebe / I Believe With This Type Of Crowd, Jonathan Should Not Try And Rig Election. / Why I Believe Buhari Plotted And Executed The Bomb Attack On His Own Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Believe In Nigeria by kpakpandoN(m): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
I believe in one Nigeria, i believe we are caring people and will serve our fatherland in truth. I believe in our culture in its great diversity. I believe we can serve our Nation with love and unity. I believe the street could be safe, so the kids could freely play. I believe in a Nigeria where there is peace and harmony. I believe that education is the greatest legacy. I believe in a Nigeria where our sports men and women will represent us in an international competition and come back with gold. I believe in a Nigeria where the sick will be treated effectively. I believe that food and shelter will no more be luxury. I believe in a Nigeria where unemployment will be a thing of the past. I believe in a Nigeria where good transport system, proper use of mineral resources, regular clean water supply and constant power supply will become a reality. I believe in a Nigeria where there will be proper development of all sectors. I believe in a Nigeria where LOVE, civilization and democracy will reign. I believe in a corruption free Nigeria. I believe that all our tears and worries will be wiped away. I believe that all the labour of our heroes are not in vain. I believe we have the power to rebuild the broken walls. I believe that the pride of Africa will be restored. I believe that we can set the standard for Africa and the World to see. I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA. we can make it, if we try. GOD bless Nigeria. Courtsey NWAZOTA KPAKPANDO

1 Like

Re: I Believe In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Are you ok?
Re: I Believe In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 1:57am On Jan 30, 2013
I believe in Nigeria cuz imma share part of the National cake one day. grin
Re: I Believe In Nigeria by cfours: 2:39am On Jan 30, 2013
kpakpando N: I believe in one Nigeria, i believe we are caring people and will serve our fatherland in truth. I believe in our culture in its great diversity. I believe we can serve our Nation with love and unity. I believe the street could be safe, so the kids could freely play. I believe in a Nigeria where there is peace and harmony. I believe that education is the greatest legacy. I believe in a Nigeria where our sports men and women will represent us in an international competition and come back with gold. I believe in a Nigeria where the sick will be treated effectively. I believe that food and shelter will no more be luxury. I believe in a Nigeria where unemployment will be a thing of the past. I believe in a Nigeria where good transport system, proper use of mineral resources, regular clean water supply and constant power supply will become a reality. I believe in a Nigeria where there will be proper development of all sectors. I believe in a Nigeria where LOVE, civilization and democracy will reign. I believe in a corruption free Nigeria. I believe that all our tears and worries will be wiped away. I believe that all the labour of our heroes are not in vain. I believe we have the power to rebuild the broken walls. I believe that the pride of Africa will be restored. I believe that we can set the standard for Africa and the World to see. I BELIEVE IN NIGERIA. we can make it, if we try. GOD bless Nigeria. Courtsey NWAZOTA KPAKPANDO

agreed.
God bless Nigeria
Re: I Believe In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 30, 2013
The country does have the potential of getting back on track. All hope is not lost. What needs to be done for us to move forward as a nation is for the people to become proactive about doing things correctly eg by eliminating corrupt practises like taking bribe and developing proper work ethics. They should also realize that they have a huge part to play in helping the nation grow and stop shifting the blame to leaders constantly because a lot of Nigerians don't think they have any type of responsibility when it comes to the advancement of the country.
In the event that they do end up with a bad leader, they should vehemently demand and see to it that he or she does what is right and plays his or her role properly or get out of office. Merely sitting in beer palors and restaurants to complain about bad leadership will get us nowhere.

1 Like

Re: I Believe In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 30, 2013
Abegi!! See me I no read all una dogon turanchi! I do not and will never believe in Nigeria, not because the people are different but cos we really do hate each other (sadly true) if not we wouldn't care about they r Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. now I am at the stage that everything Nigeria pisses me off!

B4 una start, it's not tribal cos I seriously prefer goodluck to a IBB, Abdulsalami, shagari and yes yaradua and I pray to god goodluck doesn't die as I sure will hate to see a namadi presidency.

Simply put, we r not working and NEED TO BREAK!!!!!!
Re: I Believe In Nigeria by TRUTHTELA: 7:19am On Jan 30, 2013
There are three categories of people that still " BELIEVE in Nigeria".

They are FAILED and GULLIBLE FAILURES that believe people like Jonathan& politicians and look up to someone like Obasanjo and they go further to believe any CRAP his /her Pastor says and his dubious prophesies

The other category is what I call CHRONIC ROGUES that likes the STATUS QUO, cos it benefits them or someone they know.

The last category is what I classified as the INHERENTLY LAZY PARASITES that forbids CHANGE and PROGRESS.

I know people still "believe" in that Somalia, of West Africa, but, I understand their reasons for "believing " in it. Goodluck to you!!
Re: I Believe In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2013
DivideUs: Abegi!! See me I no read all una dogon turanchi! I do not and will never believe in Nigeria, not because the people are different but cos we really do hate each other (sadly true) if not we wouldn't care about they r Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba. now I am at the stage that everything Nigeria pisses me off!

B4 una start, it's not tribal cos I seriously prefer goodluck to a IBB, Abdulsalami, shagari and yes yaradua and I pray to god goodluck doesn't die as I sure will hate to see a namadi presidency.

If we are not working then we need to solve the problems that are keeping us back. I don't understand those people that think breaking up is the solution to our problems. Human beings will always look for ways to divide themselves into classes based on the differences or distinguishing characteristics that exists between them. If people are not grouping themselves into North and South, then it is tall and short or rich and poor.
If you decide to break up because of poverty and terrorism problems, (that a better president would be able to solve) what if that same problem comes up in whatever new group you form? Are you also going to break that group up? And then also break up whatever group comes after that and so on and so forth untill every man is an island on his own?

1 Like

Re: I Believe In Nigeria by Tolexander: 8:50am On Jan 30, 2013
Good, hearing you believe in Nigeria but Better you know that her development hangs on you.
Rome was neva built in a day and most interesting part of Romes building project still continues till eternity by the joint and collective works of the Romans and her well wishers not minding that Rome is a geographical location that needs being abandon and treated with levity.
The unity of nigeria is very paramount so that the landlord of the house won't be a tenant in the house he used to boast of owing(i.e a biafran won't be a foreigner in Lagos) when the country dissociates into its various ions.
Re: I Believe In Nigeria by cfours: 1:51am On Feb 01, 2013
DivideUs:

look at your username.
this is the problem of Nigeria. we sit down and wait till eternity for "others" to improve our situation for us.
what are you doing to improve your own or your nation's situation.
Even when you want nigeria to divide, you are still sitting on your butt and asking for somebody else to "DivideUs"
is it God that will divide you? or you are waiting for politicians to come and divide you.

abeg. go park your lazy but.t somewhere biko.
look at the entire african continent. how many of them are performing well. even the ones that have single ethnic groups and no tribal problems are still living in poverty!! clearly, division is not the solution.

we as a nation need to invest in our communities. start by forming a neighborhood organization to clear the streets, vote for a community leader, build a community school etc. your neighborhood can be your little country that you will invest in and work to take care of. if every neigborhood did the same, nigeria as a national unit will be 100x better off. And of course when a nation is doing well, the citizens become proud of it. The best citizens though are those who are still proud of it even in it' struggling times. the citizens that have hope in their nation. These are the types that are fit to be leaders.

rather than sitting on your lazy butt waiting for some invisible power to come and help you make your situation better go and do something.

(1) (Reply)

The Case Of Ladipo Market, Mushin LGA Lagos. / Focus Nigeria Opinion Poll! Rate Elrufai's Performance On Ait / Making Abia The Japan Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.